IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

6 hours ago, GT in OZ said:

Haggis999, I didn't overlook your link - in fact I have a print out in front of me. In effect version 3 above is your suggested method (and I tried that first). 

My multi player is a Pioneer BDP-170 (the european equivalent to the US BDP-80FD). I only succeed if I use a bootable USB stick.

I'm not sure whether this is a strong requirement (for the DBP-170 at least), it's my experience only.

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Phthalocyanine said:

@klassikmann

The mysh.sh script is a script of your own devising?

mysh.sh looks so trivial, but it requested some trial and error to find a way the ISO will be stored on the thumb device instead of "/" crashing the player because of a full root filesystem.

22 minutes ago, Phthalocyanine said:

Scenario 2 is a clever innovation.  But do you have to re-insert the flashdrive for each new SACD to be ripped?

I will test it soon.

1 hour ago, Phthalocyanine said:

I don’t understand why one needs the -i 127.0.0.1:2002 for local ripping.

I simply use

./sacd_extract_160 –I

and get the same result.

That's true. Thank you for the tip.

1 hour ago, Phthalocyanine said:

I never get any such error messages.  A typical rip looks like the following on the command line.  (Perhaps you are getting those error messages because you are not including CLI(CLI_exec insmod /lib/modules/2.6.35/BDP/splitter.ko).)

I got these "File exists" messages with and without the insmod in the AutoScript.

31 minutes ago, Phthalocyanine said:

And did you still get those error messages?

Yes. Two observations:

1. The error messages

mknod: /dev/sacd_read: File exists
    insmod: can't insert '/tmp/filerFFmzY': File exists

are refering to non-existing files neither the device-file nor the temp-file are present.

2. If I start the second "./sacd_extract_160 -I" there are no more such messages.

But I do not longer brood over the messages.

• 6 months later...

@mindset

First, a big thank you for releasing sacd_extract 0.3.9. In particular I found you incorporate the fix for issue #94 ("ID3 size coding") first seen in dbry's (David Bryant) fork of sacd_ripper.

Second,  in the SACDExtractGUI for processing "DSDIFF edit master" the checkbox "DST decompression" is greyed-out. This seems not to be correct.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Malkana said:

Hi Klassikmann

Thanks for the link..do you have a workable link for the M11.R.0422 firmware by any chance?

Unfortunately not.

btw.: M11.R.0422 is a firmware for the S390? Sometimes it is meaningful to look for an even older firmware. According to https://www.avforums.com/threads/cinavia-on-sony-bdp-s390.1732497/#post-18366108 starting with M11.R.0147 the S390 contains the Cinavia protection. technology.

• The Computer Audiophile changed the title to SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!
  • 1 year later...