IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hello, I have a Pioneer BDP-80FD that I'm trying to get set up with my system for the SACD ripping.  I am using a W7 PC on LAN connection to the router.  The BDP is connected to the router via wifi.  After some initial troubles, I am finally able to get the player tray to open when I insert the USB drive.  But that is where the troubles start.   If I run the sacd_extract from the command line prompt I get the following message:

Capture2.jpg

If I run ISO2DSD gui, then I get the following error:

Failed to connect 
libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.1.111:2002 for reading 

Any thoughts?  Not sure where to go from here.  

2 hours ago, KVDB010 said:

Your network connections may not work properly. Can you ping the player?

Is your BDP80 on standby? You would see SCRN SVR, or something similar, on the display of the player.

Have you disabled auto-play and auto-resume functionality in the player's setup screen?

For reliable and fast network connections, and hence ripping speed, I prefer to use Ethernet connections to the router for both the PC AND my BDP160 player.

Not on standby and auto-play/resume have all been disabled.

This is the message I get when I ping the player:

Pinging 192.168.1.111 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.111: bytes=32 time=4ms TTL=64
Reply from 192.168.1.111: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.111:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 4ms, Average = 1ms

16 hours ago, superstar19 said:

Thanks for the reply.  My PC is running Windows 7.  I also tried from a laptop running W10 and had the same issue.  When I get home tonight, I will try messing around with the windows and router firewall settings.

Still not able to get anywhere with my BDP-80FD even by disabling the firewall settings on the router and windows.  I also tried connecting the BDP directly to router via LAN.  My router interface shows it on the network with an IP address, but I could not ping it from my PC.  I would get the host is unreachable.  So something is definitely screwy with network.  I was able to successfully ping when it was connected to wifi, but now with it connected via LAN it won't.

Not sure what else to try now.  I'm fairly tech savvy, but this one has really got me stumped.

On 7/15/2017 at 1:18 AM, One and a half said:

What's on the USB stick? 9.3/10 "can't read 192...." faults are related to the location of the three files, their extensions and to a certain extent versions. The Pioneers need a different file than the Oppo/Cambridge players, but that's where the similarities end.

If the first try doesn't succeed, close off the Sonore app and restart the player. It won't reset by itself.

My USB stick has the "AutoScript" folder from the "SACD-extract-BDP160.zip" file that was linked in this thread.  The AutoScript folder contains:

AutoScript

AutoScript.TSS

sacd_extract_160

The only change in behavior is when I switched to a FAT32 formatted stick which resulted in the BDP drive tray opening up with the USB stick inserted in the slot.  My initial efforts were with an exFAT stick.

3 minutes ago, One and a half said:

The file structure looks OK. What's the size of the stick? a 4GB is more than plenty.

Sometimes the USB stick needs a partition.

It's only 2GB.

I also just noticed that a folder called "BUDA" is getting added after interfacing with the machine.

57 minutes ago, haggis999 said:

Using an auto IP address setting means that you are allowing DHCP in your router to allocate its own choice of address. That means the address can vary, so you can never be certain which address to use when communicating with the Pioneer. It is thus more likely to be the cause of problems, not the cure. A fixed IP address makes things much simpler.

My router has a setting to assign devices to a specific IP address.  I use this for my PC and I had been also having the router set the BDP to a fixed IP, but I hadn't tried the with my BDP set to AUTO.  Will also give that a try.

I finally got this to work (so far -- rip is in progress as I type).  Tried the most recent suggestions and still wasn't getting anywhere.  Then I tried a different USB stick (another 2GB drive) and re-formatted it and copied the files from my HD to the stick and now success.  Thanks to all for the suggestions.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, threehugga said:

It seems a lot of people here are using Sonore ISO2DSD to make DSF directly from their player, is this correct? You workflow seems better. I have been having problems with Sonore's program creating bad files (skips, distorts), freezing on a track mid album so it cant finish the dsf, and the dsf are all about 10kb bigger respectively than the same file as a dsf from sacd_extract.

Can anyone confirm that sonore ISO2DSD is bugridden crapware with the problems I have described? Also, can anyone tell me what the extra 10kb in every file is for? and finally, can anyone vouch for the sacd_extract software, and last, is there anyway to verify that the dsf file generated is bit perfect to the source iso?

The only time I've had issues with the software was when I was attempting to rip the multi-channel layer from some Bob Dylan SACDs that I had checked out of the local library. It would freeze up right at about 99%. The discs didn't look damaged or anything so I don't know if it was something inherent with the encoding of those particular discs or there was actual damage on the disc. But other than that all of my rips with the Sonore software have been fine.

• 10 months later...
8 minutes ago, hyendaudio said:

Sony BDPS-S590 should be here tomorrow. Stay tuned.

Hi MikeyFresh.

I just replied to your PM as well. I've gone to the DropBox link you provided (re-publishing here for anyone else who's interested, as I had to search a bit to find one the first time - BDP-160 AutoScript) and I still get the same result. The player boots fine off the USB drive and the door opens. I load a CD and the player reads it, properly identifying it as an SACD. I then ran Sonore's iso2dsd application (I'm guessing that's what you mean by "server method"), correctly entering the pingable IP address (192.168.0.160) with the default port of 2002 and the result is: Failed to connect libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.0.160:2002 for reading. 

Thank you again. 

Should I throw in the towel on this player and go for a Sony? I'm reluctant to try an Oppo as according to what I've read, if the firmware's been updated it won't work.

Have you tried a different USB drive? I was getting similar results with 32 or 64GB drive and then tried an older 2GB USB drive and everything worked after that.