IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Be gentle. This is my first post.

SUCCESSFUL RIPPING WITH AN OPPO BDP-105EU ON FIRMWARE 10XEU-83-1226

Well I have been through the mill trying to figure this one out. I have had all the error messages listed on here -

"Failed to connect libsacdread Failed to read ...."

"sacd_extract Stopped Working..."

etc.

I tried direct ethernet connections, disabling firewalls, static IP addresses etc etc.

Then I when I read a couple of rajmahid posts I thought to myself well lets just filter on his (ok I am being sexist here and assuming this person is male) posts and when I saw the line "OH MY GOODNESS!!! IT'S WORKING!!!!!!!! :)))))" I dived a bit deeper.

I to had a USB drive that for some reason when copying the files to it had added file extensions to the AutoScript files.

So I started a fresh on a Windows laptop (I had previously downloaded these files using a MacBook and that may have been part of the issue) and directly downloaded the files straight to a USB Fat32 formatted drive into a new AutoScript directory.

Followed the rest of the instructions using the ISO2DSD method and hey presto!!

ELLA & Louis - Autumn In New York ripped. B|:D

I have not tried the sacd_extract command line option yet.

I think it would be good to document this in a PDF if someone has not already done this.

15 hours ago, CatManDo said:

Congratulations, Sound Man :)

"ELLA & Louis - Autumn In New York" is not such a good choice for ripping though, since it has been sourced from CDs, like almost all of the Top Music SACD releases.

Really? So why do they claim that the recording is from a 32bit 192kHz Master?

On 04/05/2017 at 3:49 PM, elikesithires said:

Hi all, just wanted to say "Thanks" to ted_b and the others here.  Successfully ripping using Oppo BDP-105D!

(firmare version BDP-10X-83-0715)

I'm excited about my SACD's again! I have a decent computer-based rig (TEAC UD-301, Schiit Mjolnir, Sennheiser HD-800) and can finally enjoy my SACD music there!  I also like to make my own playlists of best-available digital files to play via USB on home system to alternate with full-album plays.

Also, wanted to bring up that a couple days ago when I fired up the Oppo to play a movie, I was notified that a firmware update was available.  I cancelled the update, afraid that it might remove the ability to rip.  Anyone have information on the new Oppo firmware?

See my first post above. ^_^ SUCCESSFUL RIPPING WITH AN OPPO BDP-105EU ON FIRMWARE 10XEU-83-1226

I doubt there will be any further releases of the software for the BDP-10x series so the 10XEU-83-1226 is a safe bet.