IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Just got my 80FD today, I think I'm really but need your help!!!

I downloaded all the files from the OP Dropbox, follow instructions, plug the thumb drive and the tray open. Put in an SACD, and ran the sacd.cmd, I'm getting a sacd_extract.exe has stopped working message. Any ideas?

My laptop and the 80FD are on my home wireless network, I was able to successfully ping the 80FD so I'm not sure what I'm missing. Any help greatly appreciated.

It's incredible the amount of support I get from this community! I got the 80FD to work after finding the correct AutoScript. I was able to rip James Taylor Hourglass and Pink Floyd DSOTM last night, haven't had a chance to listen yet, can't wait.

The rip is a SACD iso file and my Audirvana should be able to read this, but how can I convert the iso file to dsd so that I can edit the file's metadata?  

No, the SACD-extract-BDP160.zip is what you would use for the Pioneer Elite BDP-80FD so go ahead and buy it. I ripped 20 sacd's last week and the process was incredibly easy. I have not had a single problem with this player reading any of my SACDs.

Not sure, I used instructions from the first two pages of the thread, not telnet needed. This method I used. There are two folders to download, Autoscript goes on a thumb drive, sacd_extract goes on your PC. Make sure your player is on the home network, open player tray and drop in a sacd, plug in thumb drive, if the tray closes it's a good sign. Go to your PC and open up the sacd_extract folder and launch the file sacd. You should be in business.

I've ripped over 70 SACD's using my  Pioneer BDP-80FD over the last year or so, my last successful rip was about three months ago. Just tried to rip a couple of SACD's and getting the dreaded sacd_extract.exe has stopped working message. Has anything changed over the last three months? Thanks!