IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

Hi there everyone

I wondered if anyone knows of a service in the UK that would rip a few SACDs to ISO?

I just ordered a 3xSACD set from Esoteric in Japan that I’d love to get ripped but the kind fellow who has helped me in the past is having technical issues with his player.

Any thoughts / suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks!

Ben

25 minutes ago, haggis999 said:

I must confess that I rather naively gave no thought to the legal aspects of offering to rip 3 SACDs as a favour to another contributor to this forum. My assumption is that almost everyone here is ripping their own discs for playback convenience, but retaining them as proof of ownership and for backup (as I do). I've no idea what UK law says on this subject, but no one is losing out in this scenario, so I think it very unlikely that anyone is going to sue me. This is totally different from copying a disc to pass on to another person who has not bought that recording. That is simply stealing - and I have pretty strong views about those who steal from musicians and their record companies. 

However, I accept that the situation is not quite so clear if I assist someone else to rip their own discs. For example, I would have to be totally certain that they had no intention of ever selling the original discs after ripping. Perhaps it would be wiser if I suppressed my natural instincts to be helpful ....         

No intention whatsoever of ever selling the discs on my behalf. I have a collection of around 70 SACDs that I’ve had ripped for me by several friends over the years and still have them all lined up in pride position on my shelves.

I’m not sure of the legal ramifications but do love to have digital backups of my own collection, I’m sure most people are the same?

Hello all

I've just acquired a Sony BDP S-4100 for ripping SACDs. I've spent many hours reading this thread and can't find a solution to help me with my issue.

I'm using the server method and it's another case of the following message on ISO2DSD;

libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.0.28:2002 for reading

However I've pinged from Terminal to the player's IP address and came back with good results (0% packet loss). Also tried removing everything from the USB and reformatting as I see that worked for someone and still to no avail. I can see that my USB is the correct format as it is readable on the Sony's menu and it also opens up the disc tray on start up so something must be working! I also tried toggling both the music settings on the Sony's menu and nothing. I have the AutoScript folder containing 3 files on the root drive of the USB stick - AutoScript, AutoScript.TSS and sacd_extract_160 with file sizes of 206 bytes, 208 bytes and 351KB respectively.

To clarify I'm using Macbook with High Sierra, Sony BDP S-4100 and the server method.

Maybe I have the wrong files, but I've tried with several different iterations of the AutoScript folder containing the _160 version and all to no avail! I read in DD's guide that I would need both an AutoScript folder and an AutoScriptSACD folder both but when trialling this the disc tray didn't even open anymore.

Hoping one of you kind people could suggest a possible solution! Are there any of the successful BDP S-4100 or S-5100 who could link me to the AutoScript folder that worked for them?

Sorry for the long winded post and thanks to all contributors for your stellar work in making PS3-free SACD ripping a reality!

Benicio