IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

For me, searching in the local markets for a PS3 that can rip an SACD is impossible. Must be a generation 1 or 2 PS3 with old firmware, although, firmware can be backdated, but at consideral cost because of shipping. And on top of that problem the local PS3 sellers cannot even read the model number on the product label.

Beter to find a Panasonic BDP-170, new or used. I just ordered a new 170 from amazon.com that ships from Japan.

Hikmer, I misread your question. You are not looking for a PS3 but have a PS3 and want to know what to sell it for. Even if it will rip an SACD, as a buyer, I would be more interested in a modern low cost player simply because the PS3 runs very hot and has a history of failure.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got a Pioneer BDP-170-K and it worked without a problem. The new player was ordered from amazon.com and was shipped from Japan by A-Japan. The player and box were both wrapped in bubble pack and arrived undamaged in 4 days to Canada. The player needs 100V input so I now have a VCT VT-200J step down/up transformer that converts 125V to 107V. The player was produced in June 2016 and is running firmware V01.02. 2.91 MB/sec with sacd_extract. I am using ISO2DSD. Saw the bug where it does nothing when EXECUTE is clicked - solution is to delete the .jar file. Tags are good with ISO2DSD, not good with ISO2DSF.

Thank you to the developers of this process and to ted_b for the thread and support on CA.

The BDP-170-K (-S = Silver) version, according to this document works from 110V-240V, but if there's a transformer already, then an advantage. The transformer will at least reduce some noise from the player to the rest of the system and vice versa. The nameplate will give it away in any case.

Pioneer makes 100V only players for Japan. I have one.

• 1 month later...