IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

I am seeing a strange issue. I can rip any of my SACD discs (hybrid, stereo, multi-ch, ...). But handful of the ISO files will not extract using iso2dsd. The extraction will just stop/freeze. And always at the same point in the file (meaning: for ISO abc, the extraction failes on track x every time). Any ideas what might be going on? I will try to find a commonality between the ones which fail.

Extraction still works flawlessly for me. Ignore the telnet part. Just plug the USB drive with the two files into the Oppo.

Copy the other two files (SACD extract exe and SACD cmd (edited with the IP address of the Oppo) ) to a folder on the PC.

Insert SACD in the Oppo. Double-click on SACD cmd and let it do its thing.

I was also able to fix the issue with some ISO's not extracting using iso2dsd. The cause was indeed the file name length. Moved iso2dsd to the root of C: and all is well. My entire SACD collection is now almost completely on my NAS...

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, just found this thread today. Own an Oppo BDP-105 connected via Ethernet to Windows 7 PC. Minimally computer literate, that's probably being kind. Was able to find my players IP address, was able to download Ted's files form his Dropbox account and put the two Autoscript files onto a USB drive. My issue is with the SACD Extraction file. I downloaded it and put it in a file in my docs, but I am unclear as what to do next. Another member, gills?, said copy the file to a drive on your PC. What drive? Certainly not my DVD drive. The right click menu, move to, doesn't give me the option to move the file directly to the HDD, so I am unclear as to what, copy file to a drive, means. If it means into a folder in docs or similar I have done that, but I cannot open the file, plus I cannot see the cmd extension either. I also have no idea how to get it to run. What am I doing wrong. After you have all stopped shaking your heads or laughing hysterically I would appreciate a little guidance if at all possible. Thanks.

Let's make sure we are all talking about the same things.

There are two sets of files you need in order to extract the data from your sacd into an ISO file which ends up on your computer. One set of files go on a USB stick into your OPPO 105. The other set goes into a folder on your PC (assume the C drive to make it easy and call the folder sacd_extract).

1) Connect your player to your LAN according to the player's manual. Write down the IP address of your player. Check if you see your player in Windows/Network/Media Devices of your PC connected to the same LAN.

2) Copy the AutoScript folder to the root of a USB stick. You can leave your other files on your stick.

For a checking purpose, here are the AutoScript files for players with MT8580 chipset (eg. Oppo 10X):

*AutoScript

*sacd_extract

*AutoScript.TSS

3) Copy the sacd_extract folder to a drive of your PC connected to your LAN. Make sure your drive has enough free space for the SACD iso(s) to be ripped. With a text editor write the IP address of your player in the sacd.cmd file.

For a checking purpose, here are the sacd_extract files:

*sacd.cmd

*sacd_extract.exe

(Please note that sacd.cmd is only a text file of the following command line: sacd_extract -i 192.168.1.106:2002 -P -I

The IP address will vary based on the actual IP address of our OPPO in your network)

4) Turn on your player and turn off the Auto Play Mode and Auto Resume (or similar) in the Playback Setup. Connect your prepared USB stick to your player. The tray should eject. You can leave your USB stick in your player (it doesn't matter).

5) Close the tray with an SACD. Wait until the player recognizes the disc. Double-click sacd.cmd on your PC. The ripping process should start within few seconds and run at 2 - 3 MB per second.

When completed, the DOS command window will close and you should see the extracted ISO file on your PC, in the sacd_extract folder.

Most tools and network streamers do not know how to play or open ISO files of SACD. So the next step is to extract the ISO into its component DSF tracks. For this we use Sonore ISO2DSD.

Install, open, point to the ISO you have just saved and extract to DSF.

Done.

No I didn't download the Sonore ISO2DSD program. I didn't see it listed in the link Ted posted. When I click on that link I only see the two Autoscript files and the sacd_extract file. I think one of the mistakes I made was I put the sacd_extract file onto my PC. It looked to me by the instructions left by Grills that that was the correct thing to do. Where is the Sonore program download located? I will attempt to follow the instructions you posted..

You are correct. The sacd_extract file belongs on your PC because you will be extracting the data to that folder from the disc and over your network.

Sonore iso2dsd is a free download you can google.

Sonore APPS - ISO2DSD

It would appear that this is just all above my capabilities. Not sure why. Perhaps I am just not being very clear about the issues I am having or I am just unable to follow the instructions correctly. Or something else, I don't know. I appreciate the effort however.

When I click on the link that Ted posted at the top of page two of this thread I see three separate downloads. The Autoscript, the Autoscript. TSS and the sacd_extract. I wasn't able to send any of them unzipped directly to a USB drive. The option didn't come up. The only options that came up where to open or show in a file. I located and sent the two Autoscript files to the USB drive individually, but when I put the USB drive into my Oppo after turning off the auto play and auto resume, nothing happens. Man, I can't even get past that point. Oh and to answer a previous question my anti-virus has not quarantined the files or anything like that. Would love to be able to rip my sizable SACD collection, but starting to get frustrated and beginning to think the operation is beyond my very limited PC knowledge and skills.

Perhaps it is just time to give up on the idea. Too bad i was so exited, especially when everyone was commenting on how simple it is. Not simple enough for me apparently. Oh well.

Let's not give up just yet. You have downloaded three files. I'm going to assume they are unzipped and in two folders somewhere on your PC (let's say C:/Downloads/Compressed/Autoscript and C:/Downloads/Compressed/SACD_extract).

The contents of Autoscript, you MUST be able to copy to any location connected to that PC. This includes a USB stick, unless this is a laptop from work where the usb ports have been locked out for security reasons or something. When you right-click on the files, can you:

1. select copy? If yes, can you

2. In Windows explorer, find the USB drive (e.g. E:/Kingston or E:/USB drive )? If so, can you

3. double-Click on the USB drive name and then right-click, followed by paste in the drive?

If not, please describe exactly what steps you take, as we are troubleshooting this blind.

The contents of SACD_extract, you copy somewhere on your PC in a location where you have room to copy and extract the large SACD files. Let's say at the root of C:, which means the SACD_extract files are now in a folder called C:/SACD_extract.

Next, inside the SACD folder, locate the SACD.cmd file. Right-click and open with Notepad. You will see a text file looking like this:

sacd_extract -i 192.168.1.106:2002 -P -I

Look at your Oppo setup on screen (on your TV) and note the IP address on the screen. Edit the line in Notepad to match that IP address and do not change anything else.

For instance, mine looks like this:

sacd_extract -i 192.168.1.19:2002 -P -I

Save the file. Disable autorun on your Oppo setting.

Stick the USB stick in the Oppo and cycle the power. The drawer should open.

Load a SACD and close the drawer. Nothing should happen.

On your PC, double-click sacd.cmd.

A black DOS window should open en in a few seconds, the sacd should begin extracting.

No problem, let's take one further step back.

The files you downloaded, like sacd_extract which you can't access, right-click on one of them and in the options at the bottom, it should say properties. Click on that. In the window that opens up, one of the first data points will be File Type.

If it says 'File Folder' your files were extracted and ready to use, but that would also imply you can get into the folder and look at the two files inside. If on the other hand the file type says something like 'ZIP file', then you must first unzip the contents (right-click, followed by 'extract here')...

Let me know.

Yes I did that and all properties says is file, not file folder or zipped file, just file. Very strange. Perhaps all of this is due to an issue with my PC, even though it appears to be running normally, or perhaps an issue with the link that Ted posted.

I remember downloading some zip files not too long ago and upon right clicking on the file I was given the option to send the unzipped files directly to a USB stick. This was a firmware file for my friends Oppo BDP-83se. Don't worry I deleted that file and re-formatted the USB drive to fat32 before putting the Autoscript files onto it.

I just went to the links posted by Ted on his dropbox. When I choose download, it downloads both directories as a single ZIP file called SACD.

When I UNZIP the downloaded file (choosing 'extract here', I get two directories or folders:

One folder called Autoscript with 3 files inside

One folder called SACD_extract with two files inside.

The three files from Autoextract are to be copied over to a USB.

The other two inside sacd-extract, you can put anywhere you like, as long as you remember where you put them.

Is that different from what you are seeing so far?

I can open the cdm command prompt, but can't seem to change the IP address to the Oppo's, plus everytime I start running the cdm it stops running after about 10 to 15 seconds.

To edit the cmd, don't double-click (i.e. 'run') it. Instead, right-click and 'open with' notepad. The content opens as a text file. Edit the IP address in there and click 'file', then 'save'. Now run the cmd by double-clicking...

Great question. I would like to know this also. Sure would be great to get this going on my two 83 units.

From what I understand, the Oppo 83 does not have the right chip. In order for the SACD rip procedure to work, the players must have one of two Mediatek chips MT8580 (like Oppo 103/105, Cambridge Audio 752bd/cxu, Pioneer bdp-lx58/88 ) or MT8560 (like Pioneer BDP-160/170 and 180). I believe the chip in the 83 is of an older generation.

• 1 month later...
Hi Folks. I got my BDP-103 in and installed. I am having problems with Sonore's ISO2DVD program reading from the BDP-103. I manually set the BDP to XXX.XXX.X.103 to make it easy to remember and can see it from my router. Also, the BDP wants to update the firmware which I currently have dismissed. I powered the unit on and plugged in the USB with files in the root directory of the USB. The disk drawer opened and I inserted an SACD which the player read. I launched ISO2DVD, made sure that the IP address was good and the port was set to 2002. I set the output mode to RawISO and hit execute. I got:

Failed to connect

libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.03.103:2002 for reading

Do I have to figure out how to open that port and, if so, do I do it in the router or exactly where? If not a port issue, any other ideas?

Thanks folks!

I may be barking up the wrong tree, but when the drawer closes, you don't run iso2dsd yet. That's step 2.

Step 1 is ripping the sacd files using the sacd extract cmd . That will rip the sacd into an ISO on your PC.

THEN you run iso2dsd to break the iso back into the dsd/dsf tracks.

The issue is between step 5 and 6.

Here is what I use:

You can do rips with your Oppo 10X or with other compatible players as simply as follows:

1) Connect your player to your LAN according to the player's manual. Write down the IP address of your player. Check if you see your player in Windows/Network/Media Devices of your PC connected to the same LAN.

2) Copy the AutoScript folder to the root of a USB stick. You can leave your other files on your stick.

3) Copy the sacd_extract folder to a drive of your PC connected to your LAN. Make sure your drive has enough free space for the SACD iso(s) to be ripped. With a text editor write the IP address of your player in the sacd.cmd file.

(Please note that sacd.cmd is only a text file of the following command line: sacd_extract -i 192.168.1.106:2002 -P -I

Since the IP address may vary so does the MD5 hash of sacd.cmd.)

4) Turn on your player and turn off the Auto Play Mode and Auto Resume (or similar) in the Playback Setup. Connect your prepared USB stick to your player. The tray should eject. You can leave your USB stick in your player (it doesn't matter).

5) Close the tray with an SACD. Wait until the player recognizes the disc. Run sacd.cmd on your PC. The ripping process should start within few seconds.

YOu will see the ripping process progress in the CMD window. It disappears when completed. Now you have an ISO on your PC.

NOW you go to Iso2dsd and run it to extract the iso into its component DSD/DSF tracks.

No problem, I had to muddle through these issues myself with the help of others more knowledgeable than me at the time.

1. Autoscript has 2 files, a script and sacd_extract

Not to confuse with the second folder of files, called sacd extract, which remains on your PC and which contains a cmd and gthe sacd extract executable application

2. the result of the extract can be anywhere on the drive, BUT I have found that, when extracting some classical sacd with very long track titles (I am looking at you, Bach and Betthoven), the extract of the ISO sometimes failed unless I put it at the root of the drive, so putting the ISO and the subsequent extracted files at the root of a drive is not a bad idea.

I use iso2dsd to rip every time with zero problems. It is built into the program especially for this process.

All I can do is restate what works for me (and what doesn't). I followed the instructions as I listed them 2 posts above. That works for me. The rest does not.

• 4 weeks later...
Seeking help in trying to rip SACD from 105.

Firmware Version : BDP10X-83-0715

1. Downloaded SACD Folder

2. Copy Autoscript to USB Root

3. Plug in to 105. (I tried both front and back USB same result)

4. Change IP address on sacd_extract.cmd

105 Screen show USB IN . No tray pop out.

I try to double click on sacd_extract.exe and cmd screen pop out for 1sec than closed.

I can ping the player from cmd.

What could went wrong, this seem to be a simple steps.

Any suggestion is helpful.

Thanks in advance.

look at posts 1205 and above for my exchange with blueskyy. It lists detailed step by steps which need to be followed to the letter.

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...