IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

So is it best to have your Oppo 105D player and your computer both connected (by direct ethernet cable connections) to your router?

Also, is this true with the Cambridge 752BD?

(And any more status reports on experience with the Cambridge? I have both the Oppo and Cambridge.)

Thank you very much for your help.

• 5 months later...

Do you love SACD / DSD sound? I do and always have.

Why is there so much negativity about it on the other sites?

Whenever it is mentioned, people say it's just remastering, or DSD is fundamentally flawed, or it's a placebo affect.

To me it's night and day with transparency, bass clarity, speed, far better defined images, lack-of-fatigue in the highs, no digital shrillness,

analog-like-advantages, and on and on.

But there is real, almost hostile pushback, and I just don't understand it.

Yep, PCM processing has come a long way, and I love what my Chord DAVE does with PCM (and it also does a fine job with native DSD, thankfully), but there is nothing like DSD to these ears.

I sure hope the format stays alive in some capacity.

This new method of turning SACDs into files is a Godsend, and I would hope it revives DSD to some degree. Hope springs eternal you know. But it won't happen if there is all this criticism of it. I just don't get how the audiophile community could be so critical of something that just sounds so great. I guess there is no accounting for taste, but do others in this thread hear what I have always heard from DSD?

Thanks for any comments.

So as not to disrupt this thread, please reply to this new thread I created for this topic here:

OK, I thought of starting a new thread for it, but I felt this was the thread where DSD fans would congregate, so point taken.

I did agonize over going off on a tangent here I have to admit. It's just that this is so important, I felt it was worth it. I am sorry for disrupting the subject.

If people here think my post was inappropriate, please let me know and I'll shift it to an independent thread.

OK , here is the thread for this subject:

Thanks for any responses. I feel this is an important subject that is related to this thread.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

# 3 (Camb. 752BD) works very simply and flawlessly with superb quality with exactly that firmware you list. It's also a very nice player on its own for DVDs, which was my original main use for it (for concert videos mainly; it has very nice audio quality, and this is mainly for regular DVDs, not even blu-rays). It's really worth having even for this.

I like it better than the Oppos (I have both) since the Cambridge runs cooler, is more compact and sealed, and is very quiet.

• 1 month later...

As as aside, could anyone point (with a link) to a thread here on CA for opinions/recommendations on DACs that do well with DSD files?

(I thought this thread would have people who are interested in that.) Thanks.

(I don't want to derail this thread; I just thought a link or two would be helpful.)

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The Computer Audiophile changed the title to SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!
  • 2 years later...

I have not been able to play my ripped SACD dsf files via JRiver [Windows 10] on my EMM DAC. (An EMM Labs XDS1/V3 with a USB DAC mode.)

They play fine through my Chord DAC.

I am using the EMM driver for windows 10 and Jriver sees the EMM/Meitner Wasapi device, and the file will play but there is only a low level rushing sound. (No music). 

Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this post, so If I should post in another thread, please let me know and I will.

Thanks for any help.

• 2 weeks later...