IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

OK, here is the link to my dropbox folder called SACD. Inside it are the two folders:

* Autoscript for empty root drive of USB stick, and

* SACD Extract for the two files that go on the pc folder, a command file that needs editing (notepad, etc) once you know your players IP address, and the sacd_extract.exe file.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8cunli3d3basmix/AAAY2mPDW9QH_so52EwCCBhya?dl=0

Summary: you should copy Autoscript folder with 2 files inside to a clean USB stick, power on the player, wait until it boots and connect the prepared USB stick. When scrolling text ABCDEFGHIJK will appear on the display – you can connect to the player over telnet. Use ‘root’ login and press enter. Type ‘uname -a’ and press enter. If you see ‘Linux mtk85xx 2.6.35‘ then it’s your lucky day and the sacd_extract daemon should work at your player. Type sacd.cmd (remember to edit with proper IP address) and ripping should begin.

Putty details: start putty, check Telnet as connection type, in Host name type IP of your blu-ray player and press Open button.and it will look like this

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27839[/ATTACH]

If telnet server is started on player side – you will see a login window (this is an 8560 example but Chinese programmer typo'd 8530).

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27840[/ATTACH]

Type ‘root’ and press Enter

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27841[/ATTACH]

If you get 2.6.35 then you are in.

I will have more info later.

Note: I do not have any of these players so I can't personally test. I will ask Grill to get on, as he has successfully done an Oppo (I think, maybe it's a Pio).

PLEASE report back, especially a successful rip. I will act as go-between for the silent folks behind the scene who actually discovered and created this stuff.

I spent all evening with the bits of info available, trying to get my Oppos 105D to rip an SACD in my Windows based envirionment, and after digging in found it helpful to understand just what is going on and is supposed to happen:

1. One of the dropbox links results in a set of files which automatically loads a program after the memory stick is inserted in the Oppo USB slot. You have this image if the drawer opens. There will be no telnet connection support and it isn't needed or desired to rip a disk.

2. The other dropbox link results in a set of files which will execute, on the Oppo, instructions which activate support for making a telnet connection. You really don't want this version if all you want to do is rip your disks. This version allows you to interactively access the Oppo's Linux file system and to then manually invoke the utility which will place the Oppo into a state making it ready to accept commands to rip a disk.

3. Neither set of files actually causes a rip to occur. Once the stick drive is inserted into the USB slot and the drawer opens or you've manually invoked the supporting program using a subsequent telnet connection, the Oppo is simply ready to rip a file.

4. The ripped data will not be placed on the memory stick. It will be generated in the file location on your computer that you stored and subsequently, ran, the following utility:

5. Sonore ISO2DSF is a utility you can download for your PC. Once stored on your computer's hard drive you can launch it and initiate a ripping operation from the Oppo. The resulting ripped data will appear in the same file location as the Sonore program. For this reason, I stored the Sonore utility in a convenient location on may NAS server so that movement of the ripped data would be efficient. Simply do a Google search to locate it.

6. Once you have the Oppo initialized and the Sonore ISO2DSF utility is launched, you'll specify the "Server Input" option and your Oppos IP address in the "Server Information" panel. Use the Java program: iso2dsd_gui.jar to launch it, not the iso2dsd_gui.exe

7. You can specify the output mode as "Raw ISO" or directly generate your DSD files as "Sony DSF". I preferred the latter since it provided a directory with stereo or multi-channel set of DSD files which I could then move to the desired location.

In summary, the USB memory stick can be very small since it only hosts the code needed to initialize the Oppo. You need the Sonore ISO2USB program to actually rip the data to your computer/server.

I spent all evening with the bits of info available, trying to get my Oppos 105D to rip an SACD in my Windows based envirionment, and after digging in found it helpful to understand just what is going on and is supposed to happen:

1. One of the dropbox links results in a set of files which automatically loads a program after the memory stick is inserted in the Oppo USB slot. You have this image if the drawer opens. There will be no telnet connection support and it isn't needed or desired to rip a disk.

2. The other dropbox link results in a set of files which will execute, on the Oppo, instructions which activate support for making a telnet connection. You really don't want this version if all you want to do is rip your disks. This version allows you to interactively access the Oppo's Linux file system and to then manually invoke the utility which will place the Oppo into a state making it ready to accept commands to rip a disk.

3. Neither set of files actually causes a rip to occur. Once the stick drive is inserted into the USB slot and the drawer opens or you've manually invoked the supporting program using a subsequent telnet connection, the Oppo is simply ready to rip a file.

4. The ripped data will not be placed on the memory stick. It will be generated in the file location on your computer that you stored and subsequently, ran, the following utility:

5. Sonore ISO2DSF is a utility you can download for your PC. Once stored on your computer's hard drive you can launch it and initiate a ripping operation from the Oppo. The resulting ripped data will appear in the same file location as the Sonore program. For this reason, I stored the Sonore utility in a convenient location on may NAS server so that movement of the ripped data would be efficient. Simply do a Google search to locate it.

6. Once you have the Oppo initialized and the Sonore ISO2DSF utility is launched, you'll specify the "Server Input" option and your Oppos IP address in the "Server Information" panel. Use the Java program: iso2dsd_gui.jar to launch it, not the iso2dsd_gui.exe

7. You can specify the output mode as "Raw ISO" or directly generate your DSD files as "Sony DSF". I preferred the latter since it provided a directory with stereo or multi-channel set of DSD files which I could then move to the desired location.

In summary, the USB memory stick can be very small since it only hosts the code needed to initialize the Oppo. You need the Sonore ISO2USB program to actually rip the data to your computer/server.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This may be a dumb question, but did you load the software on the disk player?  For the OPPO, I place the autorun folder on a thumb (USB) drive and insert it into the USB port on the OPPO.  The OPPO executes the code in the autorun folder and goes into a state where it awaits communication from the ISO2DSD program running on your computer.

It sounds like you're aware of the SACD player files on the SACD.  If you examine the USB stick contents, you should see the folder "AutoScript" which will contain 3 files:  AutoScript, AutoScript.TSS, sacd_extract

The ISO2DSD program sends requests to the SACD player to read the ISO data from the disk and send/stream it over the network to your ISO2DSD running computer, which will then save it to the disk drive.

Without the SACD half of the software, the SACD player will not know how to respond to the requests/instructions from the ISO2DSD program.

A few days ago, under this thread, I attached the PC version of IS2DSD and the autorun files as a separate attachment.

David Fell,

It wont be an "autorun" file it will be a folder called "AutoScript" which will contain 3 files as I described.

You simply insert the USB thumb drive into the USB slot of the SACD player and it should autoload itself.  Don't forget to inhibit the feature of the player which starts playing a disc automatically when it is inserted and closed.

Steve

5 hours ago, Peter M said:

Why don't you try sacd_extract instead of ISO2DSD.  You never know !!??

Because that's not how it works.  sacd_extract services requests on the SACD player.  ISO2DSD make requests to the SACD player to extract the data from the disc and send it across the network to the computer running ISO2DSD.

12 hours ago, Kal Rubinson said:

Two routes to the same result.

Kalman, 

Do you invoke sacd_extract from a telnet session with the Pioneer player?  I find many of the posts on this thread to be vague.  When dealing with interaction of 2 computers (PC/Mac and SACD player) the instructions need to be clear about running on the player or on the PC/Mac.

13 hours ago, Peter M said:

That's not my experience.  I rip from my Pioneer 160 using sacd_extract.  I don't use ISO2DSD at all in the ripping process.  My workflow is -

sacd_extract to rip ISO

sacd_extract to convert to DSF

dBpoweramp to convert to FLAC

The sacd_extract I supplied as part of a pair of attachments in a recent post, is intended to be executed on on the SACD player.  If one examines the AutoScript, it can be seen that a series of commands are invoked which invokes the running of the sacd_extract program on the player upon insertion of the memory stick and the auto running of the AutoScript.

In my pile of collected downloads, I do see another sacd_extract.exe and sacd.cmd, the former about 930K in size (3 times bigger than the sacd_extract on the memory stick for the Oppo), which doesn't seem to be for use on the PC.

I've previously detailed the non-telnet flow I've used for the OPPO 105D which works completely.  It sounds like there are several operational flows depending on the hardware  Mac|PC with OPPO|Pioneer etc. 

When using telnet, one needs to always remember that any commands executed within the telnet window are applicable to the telnet host (the SACD player in this case) and not the computer one is sitting at.

My flow was for a Windows PC running the Sonore ISO2DSD utility which communicates with an OPPO 150D using an AutoScript folder and files defined on a USB memory stick.

So, if you're using something else, I don't know.  ;)

Steve

• 4 weeks later...

Waynefi,

I can't imagine that Modwright would have made any changes to the embedded operating system and firmware. I don't believe they would touch something like that which is highly involved.  So there should be no issues with your modified player.

But then, I'm only an electrical engineer/programmer, conjecturing on this. 

Steve

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

zip files are used to "transport" sets of files between systems.  They typically aren't used as zip files.

You must "unpack" or "unzip" or "expand" the zip file in an empty sub-directory, so that the original files are presented with their original names and relative hierarchical directory groupings.

You then move the set of "unzipped" files to their new desired location if they aren't already there.

Don't be changing any names.

• 2 months later...
On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:17 AM, David_B said:

So, I  drag all the unzipped files to my root drive? Or just the ISO2DSD app file?

Sorry for the late reply.  Without thinking about it, simply copy the complete contents to the root of your memory stick.  The extra files and folders/directories won't hurt anything.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Ravelyn said:

I  am not the expert here on this issue, but just looking at what you typed, it does not look to me like the sample in the preceding post. Maybe it's just the font, or maybe there's some sort of auto-correction that's adding spaces. But, I copied the command line from your post, pasted it into a text editor and changed the font to Courier (a mono-space font) so I could more easily see where the spaces are. From what I saw:  (1) you have the dash after the lower case "i" instead of before it; (2) assuming you accidentally reversed those two, there would still be a space between the dash and "i" that doesn't belong there; 3) there is also a space between the dash and the letter "P" that should not be there; and 4) likewise, there is an incorrect space between the dash and the letter "I" 

Yours is on top; the one posted by pabe12 is on the bottom (with your IP address inserted).

.\sacd_extract i - 192.168.0.17:2002 - P - I 
.\sacd_extract -i 192.168.0.17:2002 -P -I

I hope I'm not off the mark on this--if so I apologize--but that is what I noticed.

I'll make a couple of observations:

The 192.168.0.17:2002 is a specific IP address which will most likely not be correct for another user's network connected player. The :2002 part is a "port" number and would be the same for all users. The 192.168.0.17 is the IP address which is explicitly set, or more likely, assigned automatically by your network router.  Because you'll need to specify the correct address when doing the SACD rip, you should probably assign a fixed IP address to your disk player using it's setup menus. The correct address will depend on the your router's DHCP settings.  

These are based on a root network address such as, in this case, 192.168.0.1 (all other IP addresses would be the same except for the last number which would be greater than 1). DHCP allows you to define the lowest number for automatic assignment. I like to choose 100 so that I can manually assign fixed or static addresses below 100 and let DHCP auto assign addresses above 100. Using this example, I would set the disk player to a fixed address (using the disk player setup menus) to 192.168.0.60 and then remember that whenever needed, such as the setting of the above command instruction on your memory stick, or when attempting to communicate with your disk player over the network with a program like iso2dsd.exe from Sonore iso2dsd.jar (Java based program).

If you don't set a fixed address for your disk player and allow your player to get its' IP address automatically, you'll need to determine that address by examining your router connection tables every time you want to do an SACD rip. Clearly not very convenient.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, srrndhound said:

Does this post offer any useful insights?

The ability to ping the Sony S590 only means that it has successfully connected to you IP network.   The ability to run the iso2dsd or telnet to the Sony requires that the Sony operating system has support for Telnet or the command set used by the iso2dsd program.  It may not.

The failure of putty indicates that the Sony doesn't seem to support telnet.  This means you'd have to get the Sony to load the appropriate commands upon insertion of the memory stick.  In the case of the OPPO, this successful loading is indicated by the drawer opening itself after the software is read from the memory stick.

After that, you could try the Sonore application which will need to be set to use the Sony's IP address.

• 1 month later...
6 minutes ago, MikeyFresh said:

He did think he was able to quit ISO2DSD, but this issue wasn't one isolated strange hang occurrence, it happens every time he starts a rip in the exact same manner.

It's too late at night in Germany so he had to go to bed, and be out the door at 7:30am tomorrow, so more troubleshooting can only occur sometime later tomorrow.

I personally have never seen this on either Windows or Mac. If anyone has experienced this same or similar behavior please let me know what steps you took to rectify, thanks!

Using the Sonore HI on a Windows system, I too have have found that the OPPO 105D will always hang when a "Quit" is initiated after an "Execute" command was executed.  I've found the only way to recover is to completely pull the power from the OPPO for a complete reboot. In addition, the directory created on the windows system is locked and cannot be deleted without rebooting the Windows system.

8 hours ago, ledones said:

Hi there,

I used to rip using my Oppo 105 but now I tried after a few months and nothing is happening. The player has the exactaly same configuration, so what am I doing wrong?

- Copy AutoExtract folder to an USB flash drive FAT32
- Plug into Oppo while he's turned off

- Turn on the Oppo and wait to magic happens... but... No tray ejected.

I'm really confuse here!

Cheers

I believe this version of the AutoScript folder should work for you.  I'm using an OPPO 105D and am controlling the rip using the Sonore application from a Windows PC, specifying the appropriate IP address assigned to the OPPO player.  I like to use a fixed address on the OPPO so that I don't have to look it up every time I want to do a rip.

SACD.zip

On ‎10‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 10:12 PM, ledones said:

Hi there,

I used to rip using my Oppo 105 but now I tried after a few months and nothing is happening. The player has the exactaly same configuration, so what am I doing wrong?

- Copy AutoExtract folder to an USB flash drive FAT32
- Plug into Oppo while he's turned off

- Turn on the Oppo and wait to magic happens... but... No tray ejected.

I'm really confuse here!

Cheers

I suspect your IP address has changed for the BDP 105.  The default is to use DHCP for address assignment. Which means that the address can change whenever the OPPO or your network hardware is restarted. This is why I like to use a fixed or static address for the OPPO.  If you decide to use a fixed address, be sure to specify (and record it for your info) a unique one that is below the DHCP starting index.  I typically specify my router to use 100 and up for DHCP addresses, leaving 99 and below for static assignments.

Go into the setup screen of the OPPO and determine its' current IP address.

The from your PC, open a DOS command shell and issue a ping command using the Oppo's IP address such as:
ping 192.168.0.29    (replace the address with your players')

You should have successful IP communication. If not, fix it before going further.

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, wedgeworld said:

I just realized I never looked at the top for a player model. I have been unable to rip my first SACD. I have the Oppo 105D and the packet I downloaded from your dropbox just says SACD. No brand or model.  Is it possible my issues are because I don't have the correct autoscript for my player?

I also have the OPPO 105D.   I made a post recently which had the necessary files as an attachment.  Look for it and download it.

• 2 months later...