IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

...45 pages already? =:-0

took me three weeks of hunting but finally found a very good deal on a 105D and tomorrow we'll know if I get the thing or... if I have to open a PayPal claim (yes: the deal was *that* good ;) )

fingers crossed

btw... used 103s are going, here, for €600 :-0 that's... :nutter: (and, in fact, they usually don't sell :P )

anyway... can someone, please, point me to the instructions for Mac OS and *no* Java (just using the Terminal), please?

thank you guys:)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

thank you so much, Roberto :)

Qnap HS-264 NAS (powered by an HD-Plex 100w LPS) > Cirrus7 Nimbini v2.5 Media Edition i7-8559U/32/512 running Roon ROCK (powered by a Keces P8 LPS) > Lumin U2  > Metrum Acoustics Adagio NOS digital preamplifier > First Watt SIT 3  power amplifier (or Don Garber Fi "Y" 6922 tube preamplifier + Don Garber Fi "X" 2A3 SET power amplifier, both powered from an Alpha-Core BP-30 Isolated Symmetrical Power Transformer) > Klipsch Cornwall III

headphones system:

Cirrus 7 > Lumin U2 > Metrum Acoustics Adagio > Pathos Aurium amplifier (powered by an UpTone Audio JS-2 LPS) > Focal Clear headphones

• 4 weeks later...

it's a blind shot, I know, but... any likelihood it will also work with the upcoming Oppos 203-205s?

headphones system:

finally found, and had delivered this morning, an almost brand new Pioneer BDP-170

ripping (from a Mac) is easy-peasy indeed: just one line to type in a Terminal window and that's it :)

(after preparing the USB key and assigning a fixed IP to the player)

thank you all guys :)

headphones system:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi. I just found this thread and just got a Pioneer BDP-80FD from Amazon. I created the USB key with the files and when I inserted it the tray opened.

Then I got iso2dsd_gui.jar and sacd_extract, put them in a folder on my MacBook Pro and ran

./sacd_extract -i 192.168.7.48:2002 -I -P

And got this error:

Failed to connect

libsacdread: Can't open 192.168.7.48:2002 for reading

I guess you did but better check this too: you did, first, "cd /pathtothefoldercontainingsacd_extract/" right?

(just type cd-space then drag the folder into the terminal window)

oh... and since you are using Terminal you don't need "iso2dsd_gui.jar"

headphones system:

there's a Pioneer 170 auction, ending in a few hours, on (German, but available to all EU for sure) eBay ;)

though... looks price will end up "quite" high as there have already been 35 bids :P

there's also a brand new (white) one going for... 250€ + shipping =:-0

headphones system:

• 1 month later...
The best cheap option for SACD ripping is now with a Pioneer BDP-160 or 170 (not the 180) or it's US counterpart BDP-80FD. They can be found for 200€ or less.

Actually... it took me three months hunting to finally get one :|

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...
Why doesn't it work? Should work just fine, mine and many others certainly do!

203!!! ;)

headphones system:

192.168.1.120 is just an example: you have to find out your Oppo's actual IP address (assigned by the wireless bridge or main router) and use that one instead ;)

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...

Jud... why don't you just use terminal commands instead of the java thing?

That's what I do on my Mac

here's the output of ./sacd_extract --help

Usage: sacd_extract [options] [outfile]

-2, --2ch-tracks : Export two channel tracks (default)

-m, --mch-tracks : Export multi-channel tracks

-e, --output-dsdiff-em : output as Philips DSDIFF (Edit Master) file

-p, --output-dsdiff : output as Philips DSDIFF file

-s, --output-dsf : output as Sony DSF file

-t, --select-track : only output selected track(s) (ex. -t 1,5,13)

-I, --output-iso : output as RAW ISO

-c, --convert-dst : convert DST to DSD

-C, --export-cue : Export a CUE Sheet

-i, --input[=FILE] : set source and determine if "iso" image, device or server (ex. -i 192.168.1.10:2002)

-P, --print : display disc and track information

I'm ripping directly to DSF (via wi-fi) this way:

- prepare a folder somewhere on your HD with sacd_extract binary inside

- type "cd " in a terminal window then drop the above folder in it and hit "enter"

- finally type "./sacd_extract -i 10.0.1.22:2002 -2 -s" (use your ripper's IP and change options as per above: "I" instead of "s" will rip to ISO")

never tried but I'm sure you can extract from an ISO to DSF by:

- type "./sacd_extract -i " then drop your ISO file in the terminal window, add " -2 -s" and hit "enter"

headphones system:

Yep, in fact the difference is even greater than I recalled. About 9-10 times faster for me on Windows (.61-.75MB/s on Mac, 6.5-6.7MB/s on Windows).

.61-.75? :|

I'm getting between 1.5 to 2.5MB/s ripping direct to DSF via wi-fi

headphones system:

I have an old MacBook Pro (mid-2009, Core 2 Duo 2.53GHz CPU)

its stock 5400rpm HD is the bottleneck ;)

headphones system:

This works on OS X as well. I get 7.8 MB/sec on my MBP. And the binary is much smaller as well (155 Kb with O3, and 216 Kb with the default optimisation, which seems to be O2). The previous speed was around 2.75 MB/sec. I kept both binaries to check them on the same ISO file one after another.

Details about the machine: Late 2011 MBP 15" 2.4 Ghz quad core, updated with a SSD and 16Gb RAM, under macOS sierra (10.12.2). Clang is clang-800.0.42.1

... willing to share your Mac optimized binary? innocent.gif

:P

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...

assuming all is fine with the USB key, on a Mac try this way:

- create a folder, call it whatever you like (maybe better avoiding spaces and "funny" characters) and place the "sacd_extract" binary inside it

- open a Terminal window, type "cd " (space after "cd") then drag the folder into it and hit "enter"

- now type "./sacd_extract -i 10.0.1.22:2002 -2 -" (change to your device's IP) and hit "enter" (this should rip to dsf)

headphones system:

- now type "./sacd_extract -i 10.0.1.22:2002 -2 -" (change to your device's IP) and hit "enter" (this should rip to dsf)

sorry: "./sacd_extract -i 10.0.1.22:2002 -2 -s" is the right command (final "s" was missing)

though... looks the issue is somewhere else. sorry again: no clue :(

headphones system:

Please confirm the two AutoScript files are 141 bytes each.

206bytes AutoScript and 208 AutoScript.TSS here

EDIT: oh... wait... I'm using Pioneer BDP-160's ones

headphones system:

I am still interested in learning how others have obtained their Oppos' IPs.

I don't let any device on my network have a random IP assigned (and eventually changed at every reboot) by the router: I tell the router which IP to assign to a given MAC address (device) ;)

headphones system:

Makes me curious... Does an Oppo Remote app on a smart phone work for you?

will work for sure as the device will "advertise" itself over the network by other means (Bonjour, in a Mac OS environment) than its IP address and that's what the app will look for

headphones system:

just to play it super-safe... make sure the USB key is named accordingly to FAT32 standards (max 8 uppercase alpha-numerical characters) ;)

headphones system:

• 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, Solstice380 said:

Just to verify, you said BDP-80FD correct?  I believe the SACD extraction only works with the chipsets in the 93/103 and 95/105 series machines.  Search the earlier pages of this thread and you'll find the models of the Mediatek (I believe) chipsets that work.  

BDP-80F is the US version of Pioneer BDP-170 ;)

headphones system:

15 minutes ago, John Knoepfle said:

You mentioned making sure I have the right autoscript for the bdp80fd.   Is there a different one for it?  I'm using the one frequently referenced in this topic with the above checksums.

there's a post in this thread with a link to a sacd_extract version for Pioneer BDP-160 : that's the one I'm successfully using with my BDP-170

headphones system:

23 minutes ago, Tkgamer said:

Does it matter wether it is the standard, the -s or -k variant? 

that's just the colour. "S" is silver and "K" black ;)

headphones system:

6 minutes ago, iwf said:

ps all my rips produce 2.8 GhzDSD files. I was expecting 5.6 or even 11.2. I'm not sure why I should but I'd be interested in an answer.

because DSD 64 is SACD format just as PCM 16/44.1 is CDs format ;)

headphones system:

• 2 weeks later...

I was very excited when I first found this thread and started looking for a Pioneer BDP-170 (which took me three months hunting to find)

Thankfully I never bothered about SACDs before so I carefully started looking and buying a few to see what all the fuzz was about

Re-purchased in SACD a couple of Reneé Jacobs, by Harmonia Mundi, I already had as 24-96 from Qobuz and... found 24-96 PCM was used for recording (veeeery tiny final note in a 100 pages booklet)  :-/

Bought, then, another couple SACDs from BIS and... seen only afterwards they too record as 24-96 PCM :-|

So far only *native* DSD stuff (I might care aboiut ;) )I found is from LSO and Gergiev/Mariinsky orchestra

headphones system:

3 minutes ago, Fitzcaraldo215 said:

To me, it's all no big deal.

either to me: after finding what the reality is... I only buy SACD if DSD was used for recording or if SACD is the only available media. in either case only if it's music/performances I do care about ;)

headphones system: