IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

I'm using a Mac and I downloaded the ISO2DSD software; I have tried just about everything and nothing seems to work.  I have also used text edit on a Mac to change the IP addressing SACD.cmd but even that was not helpful.  The only thing I can think of is that my player is oppo BDP-95 instead of the 103 or 105.  Could that be the reason?  I am attaching a screen shot of the error that I am getting; Would anybody have any ideas how to read SACD to a Mac given my setup and situation? Any help to make this work would be God sent.  Thank you all 

Screen Shot 2019-02-14 at 10.54.11 PM.png

4 minutes ago, hyendaudio said:

This all makes sense, but considering that I was never able to open a telnet session it was impossible to see the mount point of the USB drive. It's likely the firmware with the usb drive (a handout from an IT vendor whom I won't implicate as I'm quite sure they never anticipated my use case 👹) caused some unexpected behavior. 

The solution was to use a different USB thumb drive. We know that PNY 512MB drives work. Now. 

So I guess if everything else works but connections to the player are refused, one recommendation would be to try a different, freshly formatted drive. A name brand drive wouldn't hurt...

I guess we can this to the growing database of USB drive known issues or incompatibilities. 

Epilogue:  I couldn't cancel the order for the Sony BDP-S590n before I ship it back anyone who wants it is welcome to it. Its refurbished with a 30 day warranty for $80 (I paid $79.92, I might just keep the $0.08 as my profit)

I'd be happy to get my hands on it