IGNORED

SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!

ted_b

21 minutes ago, Sound Man said:

Really? So why do they claim that the recording is from a 32bit 192kHz Master?

How can any of those be true when they only recorded on low quality analog tape that was run through a tape recorder that had a max of 15khz frequencies and about 7 bit dynamic range?

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 7:21 PM, BlueSkyy said:

My Studer A80 2-inch tape deck on which many masters were recorded takes exception to you calling it low quality :).

I have the EXACT same tape machine... mine is in great shape but still cant compete with my cheap Sony PCM-D100 with an earthworks microphone.  It also takes a TON of work to keep it in good shape and calibration.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, Linefader said:

Is anybody else playing the multi-channel files? I have just configured JRiver (on a Mac) for use with an exaSound e38 DAC (according to the instructions on the exaSound Web site) and I have some difficulties with playing 5.1 channel DSFs.

1) Occasionally, I have audio dropouts, even for DSF-sources from the local harddisk (i.e. it's not a network latency problem). Should I fine-tune the JRiver buffering somehow?

2) I am also not sure, if I did the channel-to-speaker mapping correctly in the Audio Midi Setup, on the Mac. Of course, channel 1 is the left front speaker and channel 2 is the right front speaker - but what are the correct channel numbers for the center, the rear speakers and the subwoofer?

I use the e38 and jriver on Windows.  I do not have any issue.  I did not set up any special buffering.  The channel depends on which one you plugged into the dac channel number. generally 1. FL 2. FR 3. C 4.  Sub 5. Sur L 6. Sur R 7. Sur Back L 8. Sur Back R

• The Computer Audiophile changed the title to SACD Ripping using an Oppo or Pioneer? Yes, it's true!
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sorry in advance if I have missed this.  I am looking for where I can download the latest SACD_Extract with the extra features in windows binary format rather than just source.  I am also looking for a gui front end that can take advantage of all of the features such as simultaneous extract of 2 and 6 channel as well as batch processing and error handling.

Thanks!

• 6 months later...
4 minutes ago, zettelsm said:

I've used the free software that works with the Korg MR2000S to clean up transitions. More recently, I've used the free Teac Hi-Res Editor to do editing of DSD files made with a Playback Designs Pinot ADC, as well as doing file conversion. It works very well. Now, whether it is converting DSD to DXD and back again, I have no idea. However, doing A/B/A/B/A/B. . .  comparisons before and after DSD editing I can't tell any difference between the original DSD file and the edited one. My system is fairly transparent.

Something to look at, anyway.

Steve Z

The Teac editor is converting to PCM then back to DSD. If you bring in the files and compare them in Audition, you will see changes to the file even without doing any editing at all