Recommendation to next step

andy3210

Hi all

I would like to increase the sound quality on my current equipment

Synology DS213J with DSaudio playback

Via USB connection Furutech GT2

To Marantz SA14s2 as DAC

With Accuphase 260 & ELAC403

If I wanna increase the CAS performance and operational balance, i should go to which option by sigficiant?

1. Mac mini + Audrivana + ipad

2. Auralic aries + ipad

3. Upgrade the USB GT2 and LPS for DS213J

Please help

Sent from my LG-D858HK using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I would go for single ssd and remove the fan (can turn off beep notification). Then a Usb regen (lightspeed, W4S, uptone, PS audio, intona, etc in no particular order), then better psu for the Usb regen, then better Usb cable. That would be my order, FWIW.

• 3 weeks later...

I suggest you spend your money for the best DDC you can afford. You can afford a dedicated battery or linear PSU for the DDC, go get it! You can even afford a Clock Upgrade for it, well yess than get that too.

i always say that my DDC is the "backbone" of my entire setup :-) one of the most important parts AT ALL.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Areas that can be improved are the NAS, DAC and the transmissions in between. The amp and speakers are good, don't touch. Leave the NAS as is it can store the music files. The G2 is a good cable, keep it.

Personally achieve better results with the music files on the same pipe as the computer with USB3 interface with a large USB drive. Use the NAS for backup.

1. Mac mini (i7 + 16GB RAM+SSD) Audirvana +, allows a choice of HQPlayer/Roon on Boot camped Windows.

2a. Install a USB fixer, W4s or countless others warpeon recommended USB out, but please concentrate on galvanic isolation first for USB. It is possible to cascade USB fixer, eg Intona + W4S.

OR

2b. Install Mutec MC-3+USB, USB input S/PDIF coax out or AES3 (dearer + most effective option)

3. New DAC, perhaps the Schiit Modi 2 for starters, Exasound or the Yggradsil/Gungnir, depends on the budget.

This setup lets you play anything and upsample to DSD256.

AS Profile Equipment List        Say NO to MQA

I suggest you spend your money for the best DDC you can afford. You can afford a dedicated battery or linear PSU for the DDC, go get it! You can even afford a Clock Upgrade for it, well yess than get that too.

i always say that my DDC is the "backbone" of my entire setup :-) one of the most important parts AT ALL.

Thanks, which DDC recommend for my current system with less modification?

Sent from my LG-D858HK using Computer Audiophile mobile app

I like the SOtM Combo very much: https://pdf.highend-audiopc.com/hardware-setup.pdf

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide