IGNORED

Hugo TT ASIO and Windows

Hi All,

I'm wondering if anyone has come across the Hugo TT ASIO drivers suddenly not working in Windows? It was working fine since November 2015 then about a month ago, I cannot play via the Chord ASIO drivers.

My PC is a Windows 10 Enterprise box and playing via JRMC 21.0.90->USB->Curious Cable->Uptone Regen->Curious Regen Link->Hugo TT.

It will not play via the ASIO driver suddenly but fine with the WASAPI driver. I've tried uninstalling, running CCleaner registry clean up, and REVO uninstaller to purge all Chord entries. Rebooted. Reinstalled the Chord drivers from their website. Still won't play.

I tried using Foobar to see if it's app-related and it will not play from this app also.

I then tried connecting my older iFi microDSD and installing its drivers. JRMC plays fine using the iFi ASIO drivers.

I swapped the USB port and same error with the Hugo ASIO 1.03 driver.

Last test was to connect the Hugo TT to another Windows 10 Pro PC. JRMC 21 works fine using the Hugo ASIO 1.03 driver.

So I can probably safely conclude that the Hugo TT is working (using the other PC), JRMC is working (playing to the iFi), and USB port is fine (plays to iFi and Hugo WASAPI).

Does one know how one can "properly" reinstall the Hugo drivers (I'm conversing with Matt at Chord but he's not seen this before and while he's super helpful in pursuing this, I thought perhaps others may have also experienced this).

I've included some screen grabs.

JRMC error.jpg - error message when trying to use the Hugo ASIO driver in JRMC

Foobar error.jpg - error message when trying to use the Hugo ASIO driver in Foobar

Bad PC.jpg - driver details in Device Manager of PC that won't play via Hugo ASIO

Good PC.jpg - driver details in Device Manager of PC that plays via Hugo ASIO

Thanks in advance.

-Hedwig

JRMC Error.jpg

Foobar Error.jpg

Good PC.jpg

Bad PC.jpg

I'd try taking all the Regen stuff out of the chain and use a plain old USB lead .. you never know. And would it be worth trying a refresh of Windows?

Thx. I forgot to mention that I tried a straight USB cable to the DAC as one of the first debug. Same difference.

SFC /scannow did not "fix" anything and I'm hesitant to rebuild this OS since I loathe reinstalling and restoring all the settings. But if it's a must, I'll consider it. The WASAPI is functioning so perhaps I'll just stick with this driver.

Cheers,

-Hedwig

HedgeHog, you won't believe this but my Chord DAVE was playing fine last night from my Windows 10 laptop using the ASIO driver, but this morning nothing! The Chord driver didn't show up in Control Panel. I tried reinstalling from the Chord website, I took the repair option, it failed. So I completely uninstalled all the Chord drivers and, mercifully, it's now working fine with JRiver MC21. Not a clue whether some Windows update caused this, but it looks like you aren't the only one.

hi hedgehog

in the "good" Setup is also ksthunk.sys loaded, thats Windows kernel Streaming Driver.

look in the "bad" Setup under Windows/system32/Drivers, i think it's missing.

shpongle

Gigabyte-GA-Z97 Sniper with separate usb-dac out,5v usb-power disabeld in Bios. i3 4130T(35 W)@800mhz,16gb [email protected] @1.25v. Cpu+Ram powered by Pico-160w+Voltcraft Lab.PSU.

Cpu-Fan+Music Hdd with 2 separate  LPsu. JLsounds Dac-Kit: USB-I2S XMOS-board+ AK4490 DAC+DVR603 FB+2 JLS LPSU. Player: wtfplay and Daphile

Tubeamp: Lua 4040 C . LS: Chario Academy II. Conections/Filters: Reson DNM / Fisch Audio.

HedgeHog, you won't believe this but my Chord DAVE was playing fine last night from my Windows 10 laptop using the ASIO driver, but this morning nothing! The Chord driver didn't show up in Control Panel. I tried reinstalling from the Chord website, I took the repair option, it failed. So I completely uninstalled all the Chord drivers and, mercifully, it's now working fine with JRiver MC21. Not a clue whether some Windows update caused this, but it looks like you aren't the only one.

Hi Andy,

Wow...DAVE! I am officially envious. :)

Anyway, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but no luck. Today, I uninstalled all the sound drivers, Chord drivers, and video drivers. Rebooted. Reinstalled the Chord driver before the sound/video drivers. Still won't play via ASIO but can with WASAPI.

Just weird.

hi hedgehog

in the "good" Setup is also ksthunk.sys loaded, thats Windows kernel Streaming Driver.

look in the "bad" Setup under Windows/system32/Drivers, i think it's missing.

shpongle

Hi shpongle,

Thanks for the hint. I just checked and that file is in my drive. In comparing them, both are the version, size, date, etc. It must be something in a INF file or registry setting that is not loading it.

It's inexplicable as the ASIO driver from the iFi microDSD loads fine and I can play to it. Bit the Chord ASIO just won't work with either JRMC 21 nor Foobar.

Anyway, thanks to the recent Oppo SACD ripping procedure, I'm enjoying my SACDs on using JRMC and WASAPI. Sounds great!

Cheers.

-H

• 2 weeks later...