IGNORED

Sex, drugs & rock'n'roll.. (and kids)

Sex, drugs & rock'n'roll lifestyle in one's youth doesn't seem to influence fertility in the (let's use the word) old age as the example of two Rolling Stones members proves (good news for some..;)).. Congrats Mick and Ronnie!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/jul/15/mick-jagger-to-become-father-for-the-eighth-time-at-the-age-of-72

Mick, Georgia May Jagger, Gabriel Jagger and James Jagger together (what a nice family photo!) Don't her lips look just like her father's.? :)

Jagger-Family-and-Snow-White.jpg

Papa was (is) a Rolling Stone. Someone was gonna say it. :)

Computer setup - Roon/Qobuz - PS Audio P5 Regenerator - HIFI Rose 250A Streamer - Emotiva XPA-2 Harbeth P3ESR XD - Rel  R-528 Sub

Comfy Chair - Schitt Jotunheim - Meze Audio Empyrean w/Mitch Barnett's Accurate Sound FilterSet

So this frog goes into a bank, goes up to the teller, Patricia Wak, and introduces himself. "Hi, my name is Kermit Jagger. My dad is Mick Jagger. I want to apply for a loan." Ms Wak says, "Well we will need some sort of collateral." The frog produces a small porcelain elephant. Ms Wak has a look at it and says, "This is a bit unusual, I'd better check with the manager." The manager comes out, inspects the elephant and says, "It's a knick knack Patty Wak, give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

Boom Boom

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein

So this frog goes into a bank, goes up to the teller, Patricia Wak, and introduces himself. "Hi, my name is Kermit Jagger. My dad is Mick Jagger. I want to apply for a loan." Ms Wak says, "Well we will need some sort of collateral." The frog produces a small porcelain elephant. Ms Wak has a look at it and says, "This is a bit unusual, I'd better check with the manager." The manager comes out, inspects the elephant and says, "It's a knick knack Patty Wak, give the frog a loan. His old man's a Rolling Stone."

Boom Boom

Oh too funny.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Computer Audiophile mobile app

And always keep in mind: Cognitive biases, like seeing optical illusions are a sign of a normally functioning brain. We all have them, it’s nothing to be ashamed about, but it is something that affects our objective evaluation of reality. 

And BTW just a couple of days ago I listened to a couple of Rolling Stones' songs from 'Grrrr..'(24bit version) compilation (songs from early 60s to late 80s period). And I had (again) this reflection - how can a top multimillion $$$ band like RS (or let's say Metallica in their early period) record their albums so baaad.? I know that musicians hear music in a different way and often don't care about their home audio gear (remember 'Stereophile''s 'Musicians' systems' or whatever was its title.?) but not being able to choose a good sound engineer or a producer when one can afford it is something beyond my comprehension..

And BTW just a couple of days ago I listened to a couple of Rolling Stones' songs from 'Grrrr..'(24bit version) compilation (songs from early 60s to late 80s period). And I had (again) this reflection - how can a top multimillion $$$ band like RS (or let's say Metallica in their early period) record their albums so baaad.? I know that musicians hear music in a different way and often don't care about their home audio gear (remember 'Stereophile''s 'Musicians' systems' or whatever was its title.?) but not being able to choose a good sound engineer or a producer when one can afford it is something beyond my comprehension..

Thanks for the Marcus Miller video. Made my day. At that musical talent and deaf in one ear(like Brian Wilson, another musical genius).

The Stones did employ top tier producers like Jimmy Miller and Glyn Johns(also a great engineer BTW). They, however, produced their music to sound good on a car radio since that's where the money was. Keith Richards specifically talks about getting music mixed down to a stereo cassette and running out to his car to see if the radio play mojo was there.

Keith's guitar riff in "Street Fighting Man," BTW, was recorded on a cassette.

As an aside, imagine what the Beatles' recordings would sound like if they'd been recorded on today's multitrack equipment(rather than having to repeatedly bounce tracks to make everything work with then SOTA four track technology). The Roy Halee produced and engineered Simon and Garfunkel recordings were made similarly.

As an aside, imagine what the Beatles' recordings would sound like if they'd been recorded on today's multitrack equipment(rather than having to repeatedly bounce tracks to make everything work with then SOTA four track technology)

Everytime I play The Beatles (my first great musical fascination when I was 12-13) 24bit USB material (I have the CD set too :)) I'm greatly impressed how good it still sounds (especially the material from the end of 60s).