IGNORED

JRiver Media Center Now features SoX Resampler

While I'm a big A+ fan and this is my primary player, on my PCM only Exposure DAC, the new JRiver has a sound profile that I quite like. I still love the resolution of A+, but I can happily live with JRiver as an alternative sound wise.

+1!!

And that is for all the formats and sample rates that the iFi Micro idsd can play

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

• 2 weeks later...

I have a three year old DELL inspiron 3521 (i7) laptop with 8gb of ram and SSD

My DAC is iFi iDSD Micro

When upsampling to DSD I can do it with no problems up to 4X native but in 8X the music is playing with gaps

Also trying to upsaple to DXD up to 768KHz there is quite nasty distortion

I am using the largest buffers in MC22 and in the ifi's ASIO driver

In up to 384 everything is OK

I want to mention that in some earlyer versions of the MC21 I dont remember having this issue in the PCM/DXD domain. I think its something that occured the last months with MC21 and is also the same with MC22.

Anyone using the iDSD Micro having the same issue?

Thanx

Do I need more RAM??

Mac Mini with JRMC26 or Audirvana  / Raspberry4B_4GB(GentooPlayer_LMS) / Raspberry Rpi3B+: Allo DigiOne(GentooPlayer) - M2Tech Evo DAC Two Plus/iPurifier2 - Schiit Vali 2 - Densen DM20pre/30pwr amps - Spendor SP2/3E, Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Aluminum - Audeze Sine

Cables: Vovox, DIY, Furutech. 

Portable sources: iPad, DELL Laptop with JRiver MC26

• 2 months later...

Unfortunately, JRMC's DSP support as a UPnP/DLNA media server still appears to be broken. The excellent music dedicated MinimServer UPnP media server certainly supports SoX:

Interesting. I've been using SOX with Minimserver for a while now. At least to my hears, my SOX settings created a smoother, more analog sound, which I prefer.

We are far more united and have far more in common with each other than things that divide us.

-- Jo Cox