IGNORED

External Optical Drive

I think there are quite a few comments on this site regarding this subject, do a search.

From memory: Teac, Pioneer and Plextor

\"It would be a mistake to demonize any particular philosophy. To do so forces people into entrenched positions and encourages the adoption of unhelpful defensive reactions, thus missing the opportunity for constructive dialog\"[br] - Martin Colloms - stereophile.com

Are Plextor drives anything special anymore - don't they just OEM from one of the big companies now?

Another suggestion I've seen here is the LG BluRay drive.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.

Silverlight gets great results when using TEAC 224SL, especially after dampening with the 3M 2552 tape. I can then no longer be sure that I hear differences between it and my internal LG BR writer when he is running on battery power. In fact, Silverlight then ranks it slightly ahead of the LG BR writer with 3M tape dampening, but this may be in part due to the external SMPS associated with the LG BR writer when used externally.

SandyK

How a Digital Audio file sounds, or a Digital Video file looks, is governed to a large extent by the Power Supply area. All that Identical Checksums gives is the possibility of REGENERATING the file to close to that of the original file.

PROFILE UPDATED 13-11-2020