IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

I installed and used V2.20 beta3 : In Minimal server mode with AO optimization I got repeatedly an error message :

SwUSB.exe Application error; Instruction at 0x0041a76c referenced memory at 0x00000000.The memory could not be read. Click on OK to terminate the program.

Not that anything stopped if clicked the window away. It just recurred from time to time.

Check my profile for my audiosystem.

Hi

Thats a bug inside Windows. You'll either live with it or get rid of it via re-installation of the OS. Nothing AO could do against this unfortunately. AO also is not the cause of this behavior.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi

Yes yes and yes! Instead of manually downloading, copy and install them you can simply use sconfig directly in Core.

Best,

AudioPhil

IMG_9119.JPG

____________________________________________________________________________________

Version 2.20 Beta 4

================================================================

- Roon Support for Windows Server 2016 (All Editions/GUI ONLY)

- Up to 14 more disabled services (All OS'es)

- Update of "Prepare Essentials Edition" feature for Windows Server 2016

- Minor changes and updates

- Ability to disable Cortana (Windows 10)

- Ability to remove Windows Defender (Windows Server 2016)

- Updated MediaPlayer support for Windows Server 2016 Core Mode

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- Support for Windows Server 2016 Evaluation (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- Removed Support for Windows Server 2016 TP5 (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- LockScreen disabled for Windows Server 2016

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows Server 2016

- Kernel-Streaming for Windows Server 2016 in Core Mode

ServiceTool 2.20

- Important update of the reset feature

- Update of js.cmd and jm.cmd (now exits back into command prompt)

- Reset does no longer disable network bridges

- Kodi Shell Replacement

- Alchemy Shell Replacement

- HQPlayer NAA Shell Replacement

- Roon and HQPlayer Shell Replacement

(starts Roon and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)

- RoonServer and HQPlayer Shell Replacement

(starts RoonServer and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)

- Fix & Update for HQPlayer Shell Replacement, detects x86/x64 path of HQP

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation

- Update of Windows Server 2016 WLAN support

- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016

(since Microsoft removed ability to do so)

Setup 2.20

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation

- Update of the PDF Guide

Phil:

I tried beta 3 on WS2012 R2, and ran ST to switch from Core to GUI, and it doesn't work. I reset all services, switched to GUI (witch seemed to run properly), but a reboot at the end keeps me in Core mode. I can't get to GUI. Have you seen this behavior?

Phil:

I tried beta 3 on WS2012 R2, and ran ST to switch from Core to GUI, and it doesn't work. I reset all services, switched to GUI (witch seemed to run properly), but a reboot at the end keeps me in Core mode. I can't get to GUI. Have you seen this behavior?

Hi tboooe

yes this is a glitch in the reset feature of ServiceTool. AO 2.20 Beta 4 has the needed update of the reset feature.

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi tboooe

yes this is a glitch in the reset feature of ServiceTool. AO 2.20 Beta 4 has the needed update of the reset feature.

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil! I didnt report this bug but thank you for thinking of me! :)

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

.....uuuups!!!! SORRY! :)

Either way, Beta 4 is highly recommended to be installed immediately because of that nasty little glitch!

In my NAA PC I usually use networkaudiod.exe put on a little ram-disk (200MB SCSI) because it sounds absolutely better than started from the SSD. I've tried the new tool for a NAA shell of Service Tool and I've found it very promising but starting from ram-disk is always better. So I ask how it's possible to change the address fom C:\ to Z:\ (the ram-disk) to start networkaudiod from ram-disk but in his shell.

Hi Audiodan

you can manually edit the hqp networkaudiod cmd in C:\AO\Tools to achieve that.

Attention, each udate of AO will overwrite your mod!

Best,

AudioPhil

Not the biggest deal but the beta I downloaded last night resulted in some weird things like not being able to get back to GUI mode although server manager did load. Not sure it was B3 or B4.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Not the biggest deal but the beta I downloaded last night resulted in some weird things like not being able to get back to GUI mode although server manager did load. Not sure it was B3 or B4.

Hi

it was b3 for 100%. Just update to Beta 4 and all will be fine again.

Best,

AudioPhil

Hi

it was b3 for 100%. Just update to Beta 4 and all will be fine again.

Best,

AudioPhil

Phil,

I just checked and it was beta 4 which I downloaded. As I said, it won't let me get to GUI mode and in minimal server mode the server manager pops up.

Speakers: Vandersteen Model 7s, 4 M&K ST-150Ts, 1 VCC-5; Amplification: 2 Vandersteen M7-HPAs, CI Audio D200 MKII, Ayre V-6xe; Preamp: Doshi Audio Line Stage v3.0; Phono Pre: Doshi Audio Phono Pre; Analog: Wave Kinetics NVS with Durand Telos composite arm; SME 3012R arm, Clearaudio Goldfinger Statement v2; Reel to Reel:  Technics RS-1500; Doshi Tape Pre-Amp; Studer A810, Studer A812, Tascam BR-20; Multi-channel: Bryston SP-3; Digital: Custom PC (Sean Jacobs DC4/Euphony/Stylus)> Lampizator Pacific

Hi

Please proceed like described on page 52 of our pdf guide, chapter "Component Store Corruption Repair". Then also restore the default shell via ServiceTool.

Best,

AudioPhil

Version 2.20 Beta 4

ServiceTool 2.20

- Important update of the reset feature

- Reset does no longer disable network bridges

What do you mean by this?

I used beta4, started in GUI, made a network bridge between NIC1 to my SOTM200 and NIC2 to my router and NAS. That worked fine. Then I went to Core mode using ST and the bridge was not functional : I could ping NIC2 but not NIC1 (even after rebooting the SOTM).

Then I went from Core to minimal server mode : same situation as for Core. Then from minimal server mode to GUI and the bridge was still not functional.

If I start with a working bridge in GUI and go to minimal server mode then the bridge remains functional, also if I go back then to GUI.

So my conclusion is : going to core still disables the bridge. I hoped that the above update for ST in beta4 would have solved this problem, but probably it does solve another problem than the one I am describing here?

Network bridges are only possible in GUI. Not possible at all in Core or Minumal-Server, this is by Design of Microsoft. AO will not change this and inalso have no plans enabling network bridges in eiter Core or Minimal-Server Mode.

A Network bridge is a Windows Service. By default it is disabled. The reset via ServiceTool 2.20 Beta 3 set its state back to its oringinal setting -> disabled. This was bad for those using network bridges :-) Since Beta 4 this does no longer happen, thats why the change log states that the reset no longer breaks network bridges.

what you try to do is impossible and has nothing to do with AO or the ServiceTool.

Best,

AudioPhil

Network bridges are only possible in GUI. Not possible at all in Core or Minimal-Server, this is by Design of Microsoft.........what you try to do is impossible and has nothing to do with AO or the ServiceTool.Best, AudioPhil

It may have nothing to do with AO or ST, but in my experience a network bridge remains intact in minimal server mode (W2012R2 with latest updates).

I will ask the contributors to the thread :[h=1]A novel way to massively improve the SQ of the sMS-200 and microRendu[/h] if they have a similar experience.

Hi Peter

i just tested this in Core Mode to verify, so in Core there is definitely no network bridge possible. Rest of my posting as is.

best,

AudioPhil