IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

On 11/6/2018 at 8:29 PM, TJHUB said:

I’m not sure how the shell replacement works, but could it even be just a command box and not a specific program?  JPLAY Femto is a service, not a program, so it wouldn’t need to be run as a shell.

a shell replacement is exactly what the name implies, you replace the shell (in GUI the entire desktop environment and in core the cmd prompt) with something else. In case of a service not to much sense or benefit in doing so.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

On 11/6/2018 at 8:07 PM, gonefishing said:

Hi Phil, sorry my poor grammar. I’m not 100% certain what the shell does in AO. The new JPLAYFemto (server) software does run as service in task manager, the services are JPLAYFemto and JPLAYService, would there be a benefit for a shell in AO for JPLAY.

Thanks

John

Hi

If a sofware runs a service there would be no real benefit runnint it as shell

____________________________________________________________________________________

On 11/7/2018 at 5:41 PM, gonefishing said:

Hello Phil

On a PC running Audiophile Optimiser.

In GUI desktop there is the Performance Options window in the advanced tab there is processor scheduling – adjust for best performance programs or back ground services. If this is changed does this affect Filter settings of AO?

Thanks

John

Yes it does. What AO does for you you cannot enter there by hand, but if you change the option manually will overwrite the options AO offers you. You can do it, but I would not recommend doing so. But still, no harm will happen. If you don't like the result, simply run AO again and set Digital Filter and Sound Signature again, all good :)

4 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi

If a sofware runs a service there would be no real benefit runnint it as shell

Ok.  Are you saying that because I’m using JPLAY Femto, a service, I would not benefit from using the shell replacement feature?  Meaning, JPLAY Femto will sound the same whether I’m using the default GUI or Foobar2000 as the shell replacement?  Or is it possible that not running the full GUI does improve the sound of a service?

This rather depends on your GUI than jplay femto. If the GUI is the fully blown desktop you would have quite a nice benefit running anything else as shell than the desktop. and therefore jplay femto and any other player or streamer service will sound better.

if the shell is the command prompt (because of core mode), then the gain in sound quality is significantly lower and its much more a convenience thing for autostarting something.

But in GUI of course a shell replacement makes quite of a difference yes.

Just now, AudioPhil said:

This rather depends on your GUI than jplay femto. If the GUI is the fully blown desktop you would have quite a nice benefit running anything else as shell than the desktop. and therefore jplay femto and any other player or streamer service will sound better.

if the shell is the command prompt (because of core mode), then the gain in sound quality is significantly lower and its much more a convenience thing for autostarting something.

But in GUI of course a shell replacement makes quite of a difference yes.

Thanks Phil.  So in this case, is it possible to get a shell with a simple command prompt?  Using the shell replacement feature in 2016 GUI is great because the sound quality is so close to Core, but you are a simple setting and restart away from the convenience of full GUI.  It’s a win-win for me.  

Hi Phil

I am running a dual PC setup with JPLAY Femto/BubbleUPnP on my Control PC and JPLAY Femto (Femtoserver disabled) on my Audio PC. I have AO on both machines, Fidelizer Pro on both machines and Process Lasso on the Audio PC only. I run my Control PC with Fidelizer Pro as the shell rather than GUI. The only other software on my Audio PC is the driver for my M2Tech HiFace Evo. I have the full WS2016 GUI on my Audio PC. Can I run my Audio PC with a different shell and if so, which one should I chose? Would this offer a worthwhile improvement in sound quality?

Thanks

55 minutes ago, billg said:

There's no shell replacement for a simple command prompt in GUI mode. Would it make more sense to add a shell for JplaySettings as it is an app with very low resources. This might be useful for both Jplay Femto and JplayMini users.

You can’t use JPLAY Settings as a shell because JPLAY doesn’t work if the settings program is running.

On 11/8/2018 at 10:56 PM, JazzDoc said:

Hi Phil

I am running a dual PC setup with JPLAY Femto/BubbleUPnP on my Control PC and JPLAY Femto (Femtoserver disabled) on my Audio PC. I have AO on both machines, Fidelizer Pro on both machines and Process Lasso on the Audio PC only. I run my Control PC with Fidelizer Pro as the shell rather than GUI. The only other software on my Audio PC is the driver for my M2Tech HiFace Evo. I have the full WS2016 GUI on my Audio PC. Can I run my Audio PC with a different shell and if so, which one should I chose? Would this offer a worthwhile improvement in sound quality?

Thanks

Having the AudioPC in Core would be the best way. if you do not log in on the audiopc there is little difference to no shell replacement, so you should be fine with your current setup

5 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Having the AudioPC in Core would be the best way. if you do not log in on the audiopc there is little difference to no shell replacement, so you should be fine with your current setup

Thanks for the reply Phil. As you are aware, I have limited computer audio skills and knowledge and found that getting JPLAY Femto to work was a real challenge for me. Marcin at JPLAY helped me out a lot to get me up and running. Installing WS in Core is something that I am yet to take on. I think that for the time being, I still stay with what I have. The sound with JPLAY Femto is really good and offers a very significant improvement over JPLAY 6.2

3 hours ago, Pkoegz said:

Hi again phill, I am using windows 10. After reading through your instructions  I see you suggest windows 16. I would buy window server 16 standard OEI- 16 core.  Is this the best choice for AO? Thanks p.kogan

Hello Pkoegz

i'd highly recommend you to use Windows Server 2016 in GUI mode. Standard edition is perfectly fine, the more expensive versions will sound exactly the same. You might also considering using the trial/evaluation version, it is totally free and will run for at least 180 days. In our guide as well as the interwegs you will find how-to's on expanding those 180 days up to five times. That's quite a while of Windows Server for zero bucks :)

10 minutes ago, Pkoegz said:

Someone else suggested I wait for AO3.0 and then get windows 19. Is AO 3.0 coming soon? 

p.kogan

No, I would not recommend to do that. I see AO 3.00 final release somewhere in Q2 2019.

@AudioPhil  now that Windows 10 Version 1809 (October 2018 Update) is rolling out again after a few MS missteps, does the current AO support it?

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

8 hours ago, rickca said:

@AudioPhil  now that Windows 10 Version 1809 (October 2018 Update) is rolling out again after a few MS missteps, does the current AO support it?

Hi Rickca

We have tested everything relevant on Windows 10 1809 Build and it works absollutely flawless. I see absolutely no issues coming due to the 1809 upgrade, so please feel free and go on with AO 2.20.

...enjoy it! :)

13 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

I see absolutely no issues coming due to the 1809 upgrade, so please feel free and go on with AO 2.20.

Thanks, Phil ... but today I read an article saying that network drive mapping is messed up in Version 1809 and that MS doesn't plan to fix it until after year end!

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3066503/microsoft-wont-fix-the-network-mapping-borkage-in-windows-10-until-2019

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

10 hours ago, rickca said:

Thanks, Phil ... but today I read an article saying that network drive mapping is messed up in Version 1809 and that MS doesn't plan to fix it until after year end!

https://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/3066503/microsoft-wont-fix-the-network-mapping-borkage-in-windows-10-until-2019

Yes, but where is the relation to AO? I can only say if AO will work well and it does that. I cannot do anything about those things microsoft screws up themselves on a regular basis :(

But thanks a lot for pointing out to that issue, those who rely on network drives should rather wait with the upgrade!

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, grunter said:

Hi, any news on a beta ready for win server 2019?

Thanks.

Hi

Indeed :) I'm working on it every night. My brian works the best during the night so have the best ideas and be most productive then. The progress of AO 3.00 is very good, I am very happy so far.

To everybod, now is an excellent time for wishes! What would be your most wanted feature for AO 3.00? Please let me know.