IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

So just to confirm what I'm doing. In core mode I just minimize JR, type AO in the dos screen and change the profile. So do I have to type "S" for it to restart? Don't recall being given that option so do I need to type that once the profile is changed and I get returned to the base dos screen?

What profile do you like???

Thanks

When you run AO for the first time (or after a Service Tool Reset (from the menu or type st -r), you do not see "S", "C", "E" choices as it goes right into optimization.   Once optimizations are completed the computer restarts.  If you type AO again, you can change the Sound and Digital Settings, then you will see the Start Over, Continue (run optimizations choices again), or Exit.   If you do not like the sound, choose "S" and enter new Sound and Digital Settings.  Once you have settings you like type "E" to exit and you are back to a DOS prompt.

FYI - Phil covers this in the manual - see page 36

9 hours ago, dtb300 said:

When you run AO for the first time (or after a Service Tool Reset (from the menu or type st -r), you do not see "S", "C", "E" choices as it goes right into optimization.   Once optimizations are completed the computer restarts.  If you type AO again, you can change the Sound and Digital Settings, then you will see the Start Over, Continue (run optimizations choices again), or Exit.   If you do not like the sound, choose "S" and enter new Sound and Digital Settings.  Once you have settings you like type "E" to exit and you are back to a DOS prompt.

FYI - Phil covers this in the manual - see page 36

Perfect answer, thanks my friend! :)

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

• 4 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, simonklp said:

Hi Phil, I find that CPU turbo frequency is disabled on my WS 2016 Core installed with AO. Does AO disable the CPU turbo, or simply because the default settings of WS 2016 Core disable the CPU turbo? Kindly please advise. Thanks.

You need to enable turbo in BIOS. I disabled it because it caused my cpu to run higher using HQP.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

2 minutes ago, tboooe said:

You need to enable turbo in BIOS. I disabled it because it caused my cpu to run higher using HQP.

Hi tboooe, thank you for your advice. But, in fact, even though I had enabled turbo in BIOS, it still didn't work in WS 2016 Core with AO. Instead, it works in normal Windows 10 Pro without AO, after enabling in BIOS.

Because of this, I had searched on the web, and found the Powercfg command to enable the turbo setting in WS 2016. After I had enabled the turbo by both in BIOS and then applying the correct Powercfg command setting, it then works in WS 2016 Core. I just wonder if this turbo setting was disabled by AO or actually a default setting in WS 2016.

By the way, do you think that enabling the turbo helps to improve the SQ?

Thank you for your kind attention. Cheers.

14 hours ago, simonklp said:

Hi Phil, I find that CPU turbo frequency is disabled on my WS 2016 Core installed with AO. Does AO disable the CPU turbo, or simply because the default settings of WS 2016 Core disable the CPU turbo? Kindly please advise. Thanks.

HI

Yes i deed AO does this. It‘s a bad thing for SQ IMHO.

best,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

13 hours ago, tboooe said:

Nope :) you should disable anything in BIOS related to turbo, virtualization, hyperthreading, c-states and all other power saving options for best sound quality!

best,

AudioPhil

12 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

HI

Yes i deed AO does this. It‘s a bad thing for SQ IMHO.

best,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil, do you think the following kind of settings to achieve ultra-low latency while still benefit from low power during idle periods help to improve SQ? Kindly please advise. Thanks!

1) Powercfg.exe -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor PERFINCPOL 2

2) Powercfg.exe -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor PERFDECPOL 1

3) Powercfg.exe -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor

4) PERFINCTHRESHOLD 10 Powercfg.exe -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor

5) PERFDECTHRESHOLD 8 Powercfg.exe /setactive scheme_current

Hi

My advice here cleary is don't temper with all those settings yourself, just let AO do it for you. It is a well figured "recipe" which works very well. Most attempts changing those kind of values lead to worse sound quality and sometimes even other problems.

Best,

AudioPhil

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 4:22 PM, AudioPhil said:

Hi

My advice here cleary is don't temper with all those settings yourself, just let AO do it for you. It is a well figured "recipe" which works very well. Most attempts changing those kind of values lead to worse sound quality and sometimes even other problems.

Best,

AudioPhil

Noted with thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2016 at 11:31 PM, AudioPhil said:

Version 2.10 Beta 2

======================================================

AudiophileOptimizer 2.10

- Dedicated update notification feature for beta versions

- Several bugfixes for Chinese Windows 10

- Disable OneDrive/Defender also available in advanced mode (Win10)

- Support for Windows Server 2016 TP5 (Standard & Datacenter)

- Support for Windows Server 2016 TP5 Essentials Edition

- WASAPI/MMCSS optimization for Windows Server 2016 TP5

- LockScreen disabled for Windows Server 2016 TP5

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows Server 2016 TP5

- No Kernel-Streaming & MediaPlayer support yet (Server 2016 Core)

- Roon support question no longer asked if already installed

- Several cosmetics

- Minor Bugfixes

ServiceTool 2.10

- "Prepare Essentials Edition" feature visible in ServiceTool again

- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016

(since Microsoft removed ability to do so)

- Shell Replacement feature now offers two pages of shell replacements

- Added MediaMonkey shell replacement

- Added RoonBridge shell replacement

- Several cosmetics

Setup 2.10

- Update of the PDF Guide

- Several cosmetics

Hi 

how can I install Berkeley alpha usb driver in server 2016 core mode?

in core mode we have just command prompt and all drivers and players need gui interface to install.

Amir

Even in core mode with command prompt, we can navigate around until we find the executable file we want, type its name then hit Enter to run it.  For essential commands in core, please read AO manual page 8, "Basic DOS commands".  In addition, Q-Dir is our friend.  Install it and we will have a "Windows Explorer"-like style  interface.  With it we can navigate around, copy, paste, delete, execute files, etc.  In fact for us most, install Q-Dir is about the very first thing we do after an OS installation.

Navigating around and doing things in core mode, compared to GUI mode, is like switching the driving from automatic transmission to manual (aka stick shift) transmission.  It seems a bit challenging at first, but educational, powerful, and fun later on.  If you Amir decide to go this route, good luck and enjoy the ride.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

13 hours ago, thuandb said:

Even in core mode with command prompt, we can navigate around until we find the executable file we want, type its name then hit Enter to run it.  For essential commands in core, please read AO manual page 8, "Basic DOS commands".  In addition, Q-Dir is our friend.  Install it and we will have a "Windows Explorer"-like style  interface.  With it we can navigate around, copy, paste, delete, execute files, etc.  In fact for us most, install Q-Dir is about the very first thing we do after an OS installation.

Navigating around and doing things in core mode, compared to GUI mode, is like switching the driving from automatic transmission to manual (aka stick shift) transmission.  It seems a bit challenging at first, but educational, powerful, and fun later on.  If you Amir decide to go this route, good luck and enjoy the ride.

Thank you very much

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, amir57bs said:

Dear Sir

I have installed Server Core 2016/AO/Roon Server very easily.

after activating WASAPI in core my Berkeley Alpha USB (usb to spdif converter) works perfect .

http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2321-wasapi-in-core-mode-all-you-need-to-know/

Thank you very much

great to hear you have it all working now. enjoy it! :)

• 2 weeks later...

@AudioPhil does AO disable actions assigned to the power button?  I have the power button set to turn of my PCs and it works before I apply AO.

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

14 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi

No changes from AO on the power button behavior. Press it fast twice in Core Mode to shutdown.

Thank you sir.  Quick question, does the double press shut down the pc or does it just cut power like holding the power button.  

Other components: