IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

1 hour ago, antonyb said:

When I used AO I did not see that option.

Maybe because I use Windows server 2016 in core mode?

Thanks

it will only show up when possible and not already disabled.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

If AO log shows Active, look in Services to check status as "Running". 

Did you try a ST -r, (or service tool choice A) then run AO again and see if the Defender prompt appears as Phil has shown.   Do you choose Ultimate or what mode with AO?

The Manual is SUPERB for AO.

A little work and a quick search in Google for "Windows Defender Windows Server 2016" will get you a lot of information on Defender and Windows Server 2016 from Microsoft who supports the OS, not Phil. B|

On 3/13/2018 at 3:51 AM, AudioPhil said:

Sure you installed Roon-Support and ran the WASAPI Injector?

Thank you Phil.  Yes, I even just tried it again but still cant play Tiday through Roon.  Any other suggestions?

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

Unfortunately not. This is exactly what i am using since many many months and works perfectly fine.

there must be something else going wrong there :(

____________________________________________________________________________________

On 18.3.2018 at 10:30 AM, antonyb said:

As soon as I have time, I try to see if he is active in the services.
I have not tried ST-r.
I use the ultimate way.

MS support I do not think it helps me since I use AO.

Thank you.

So just because you use AO you have in mind reaching out for our support for any windows/computer audio problem that will arise in the future? :-)  no, i don‘t think so...

my guess in that case is that the log function just did kot work as expected. In other words, the info in the log might be wrong.

i will check this and if needed correct in a future AO release.

Defender works a bit different on each OS. On some you can just disable it, on others you can entirely remove it. This is not the same.

AO automatically does the best solution possible based on the used OS, but „inside“ the official ways how Microsoft documented it about how to donit. So no no dirty hacks or tricks there..

@AudioPhil have you had a look at Windows Server 2019 preview yet?  I'm just wondering whether you have an initial impression about the sound quality potential vs Windows Server 2016.

Pareto Audio AMD 7700 Server --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10  --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

I‘ve seen it the news yes, but no tests or interest in it yet. I‘ll first finish work on AO2.20 and Server 2016 first.

So no AO for server 2019 at least untill Microsoft publishes a release candidate of server 2019. every minute invested in server 2019 in this early stage would probably be wasted...

On 3/20/2018 at 9:10 AM, AudioPhil said:

Unfortunately not. This is exactly what i am using since many many months and works perfectly fine.

there must be something else going wrong there :(

I was able to fix my Tidal issues but doing a repair of my Server 2016 install.  I noticed that when checking for updates nothing will be listed as required or recommended which I thought was odd because I know there has been several updates.  Once I did the repair steps and checked the updates again, I could see 3 required updates.  Once I installed them, Tidal plays again!

Here are the commands I ran.  Hope this helps someone else who may be having issues playing Tidal through Roon.  BTW, I installed the latest March updates and my system seems to work ok with AO and Roon.

1. Run dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth
  2. Run dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth
  3. Run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
  4. Mount the Windows Server 2016 ISO as a drive (E: in this case)
  5. Run dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    /source:WIM:E:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
  6. Run sfc /scannow
  7. Run Windows Update

12TB NAS >> i7-6700 Server/Control PC >> i3-5015u NAA >> Singxer SU-1 DDC (modded) >> Holo Spring L3 DAC >> Accustic Arts Power 1 int amp >> Sonus Faber Guaneri Evolution speakers + REL T/5i sub (x2)

Other components:

UpTone Audio LPS1.2/IsoRegen, Fiber Switch and FMC, Windows Server 2016 OS, Audiophile Optimizer 3.0, Fidelizer Pro 6, HQ Player, Roonserver, PS Audio P3 AC regenerator, HDPlex 400W ATX & 200W Linear PSU, Light Harmonic Lightspeed Split USB cable, Synergistic Research Tungsten AC power cords, Tara Labs The One speaker cables, Tara Labs The Two Extended with HFX Station IC, Oyaide R1 outlets, Stillpoints Ultra Mini footers, Hi-Fi Tuning fuses, Vicoustic/RealTraps/GIK room treatments

@AudioPhil just wanted to verify...does the manual and auto update feature in the sconfig menu work if AO is running?  It seems I have to use ST to reset optimization first before updating?

Other components:

12 hours ago, tboooe said:

@AudioPhil just wanted to verify...does the manual and auto update feature in the sconfig menu work if AO is running?  It seems I have to use ST to reset optimization first before updating?

Hi

Yes it is like that, and it was like that ever since AO exists :) It is intended to be this way.

8 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hi

Yes it is like that, and it was like that ever since AO exists :) It is intended to be this way.

Thank you sir.   I usually never update the OS on my music PC for fear of it breaking something so I had no idea how this worked with AO....O.o

Other components:

Hi. I just made a 2016 core machine with AO 2.0b5 and no problems :-)

But when I tried to update to b6 - by copying only setup.exe to the AO directory and then running it.

Setup runs to the point where I accept the Terms and Conditions and when I do it crashes. Should I run ST again? Any advice appreciated.

3 minutes ago, billg said:

Should I run ST again?

No. You don't have to do this at all to upgrade AO!

All you need to do is to run setup.exe, it does everything for you automatically incl. the reset after the installation.

Do NOT copy setup.exe into the AO directory. It does not matter where you copy it to, just not inside the AO directory.