IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

I have the same situation with the Win 10 Explorer when I start my system. This problem starts when you do a Shell Replacement and than you Restore The Default Shell with the Service Tool. Maybe Phil can solve this problem. ;)

I use AO 2.0!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil, I've just tested Win Server 2016 TP5 with and without GUI with AO 2.10 beta 3.

I've found a problem without GUI.

I'm using a command line audio player that uses ASIO and MMCSS, no problem with GUI but without GUI I have that message error:

"

ErrorMessage :

-----------------------------------------

Failed to enable MMCSS (error code=1060).

[0]

"

So it seems to me that MMCSS is not really enabled without GUI (while works flawlessy, for example, in Windows Server 2012 R2 core mode).

Have you tried MMCSS in Windows Server 2016 TP5 without GUI?

Thanks.

Hi

The MMCSS feature has not yet been upgraded for Server 2016. Currently its not supposed to work, but should later on.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

I have the same situation with the Win 10 Explorer when I start my system. This problem starts when you do a Shell Replacement and than you Restore The Default Shell with the Service Tool. Maybe Phil can solve this problem. ;)

I use AO 2.0!

If you google "Windows Explorer starts after logon" you will get 26,8 million hits. Microsoft has to fix this :(

____________________________________________________________________________________

This is a very nice and interesting picture we can see here :)

It's Windows Server 2016 RTM (Build 10.0.14393) in Core Mode. Windows Audio Service & Audio Endpoint Builder are running, Kernel-Streaming is running as well. Kernel-Streaming actually also works, WASAPI does not (yet). We can see Foobar2000 playing a song via Kernel-Streaming... Sounding wonderful by the way! :)

milestone.jpg

That's what I call a MILESTONE!

....to be continued :)

Phil,

sounds like the trick worked ;) I told you that you could do it...

Well done my friend!

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

Hi Phil,

I purchased the AO 2.0 upgrade today for my Win 10 PC used to up-sample tracks to DSD512. First I had a listen without AO. Next I ran AO with HQplayer as shell. Wow, the SQ difference is stunning!

Well done!

Tomorrow, my goal is to figure out how best to start Roon server at boot along with HQplayer.

While I know how to manually tune a Windows PC for audio, it takes days. With AO 2.0 the process was done in a few minutes. Windows stripping is yet another great convenience, and the resulting Windows ram footprint is much smaller and sounds better.

The new user guide is great with lots of SQ tweaking nuggets that I would never have known about with this resource.

Anyway thanks again for AO 2.0 and it's official Win 10 support. Anyone using Windows 10 for audio would be crazy not to try it.

Larry

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

Hi Phil,

Your 'Milestone' picture above is certainly a terrific step forward. Dare I hope that we may get a shell replacement option for Upplay? Or is there a diy solution for 'general' shell replacement. 2.10, current release is really great and stable in my system using Minimserver, Jplay and Upplay in GUI mode. Now, for the next step???

Cheers,

Ron

Hi Phil,

Your 'Milestone' picture above is certainly a terrific step forward. Dare I hope that we may get a shell replacement option for Upplay? Or is there a diy solution for 'general' shell replacement. 2.10, current release is really great and stable in my system using Minimserver, Jplay and Upplay in GUI mode. Now, for the next step???

Cheers,

Ron

hi Ron

does upplay work in Core and Minimal-Server Mode? If so, what is the full path incl. the executable?

best,

Phil

Hi Phil,

does the screenshot suggests that we will be able to run Roonserver + HQPlayer in core mode with server2016?

hi

no. Why do you assume that?

best,

Phil

hi Ron

does upplay work in Core and Minimal-Server Mode? If so, what is the full path incl. the executable?

best,

Phil

Thanks Phil. Hmm, my Windows 2012 Server skills may not be up to a full response, but here goes. I think the full path is Upplay: a Qt UPnP audio Control Point -- upplaysetup-1.2.4-w1.exe. I am using upplay and jplay so I am reliant on kernel streaming and as I understand the current development of AO 2.10, you have kernel streaming in core working in Win Server 2016 ('Milestone') but not in 2012 Server. So I doubt Upplay will work in core on Server 2012. The only way I know to set a renderer in Minimal-Server mode is through shell replacement and that is what I am trying to achieve. So I do not know about Upplay in M-S mode.

Maybe someone with more computer skills and motivation to try Upplay can chime in.

Hi

with path i ment something like "C:\Program Files\Upplay\upplay.exe"

Making Kernel-Streaming work in Core Mode on Server 2012 (not 2012 R2) actually was the "birth" of the AudiophileOptimizer, indeed we have KS on 2012, 2012 R2 and now with AO 2.10 b4 also on Windows Server 2016 RTM.

Best,

Phil

Hi

with path i ment something like "C:\Program Files\Upplay\upplay.exe"

Making Kernel-Streaming work in Core Mode on Server 2012 (not 2012 R2) actually was the "birth" of the AudiophileOptimizer, indeed we have KS on 2012, 2012 R2 and now with AO 2.10 b4 also on Windows Server 2016 RTM.

Best,

Phil

Sorry Phil. Path is C:\Program Files (x86)\Upplay\upplay.exe I guess then that Upplay should work in Core mode.

Cheers and thank you for your patience.

Not to 'guess', I am now planning to read the manual and beyond in order to proceed from the command prompt in core mode to hopefully locate and run Upplay.

Patience as in all things!

Cheers,

Ron

Aha - the small light bulb is alight. So, yes Upplay can run by kernel streaming in core mode. My skills though will not get me to:

'(u) - Set Upplay as shell replacement'. My clumsy use of syntax needs the elegant refinement Phil can add.

But, I now appreciate your initial response setting me on the path to better understand what is "under the hood" in AO. Thanks, mate!