IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Beta 38 installed without issues and run in Windows Server 2019 spanish version with FoD.

Players: Foobar2k, HQPlayer, BugHeadEmperor

Intel DH67BL motherboard. Intel i7-3770 CPU. 16 GB RAM DDR3 1333. HDPlex H5 2nd Gen. HDPlex Linear PSU 200W. HDPlex 300W DC-ATX psu. ifi-iUSB3.0 / ifi-iGalvanic3.0, Paul Pang V2 USB card. Asus Xonar Essence STX. Nixon Saru DAC TDA1543 nos, DIYINHK USB interface, diy PCM1704 NOS DAC, ifi nano DAC. ODAC. diy Pass F4 & BA3 frontend, diy EML-320BXLS SE amp., diy D.Self Compact Blameless, diy Aksa 55.  PGA2310 Volume Control.

Dual boot Windows Server 2019 GUI - Windows Server 2019 (Core)

Bug Head 7.27 (avx), Foobar2k, Hysolid

WTFplay

3 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

FYI:

js.cmd can only launch JPLAYSettings when it actually does work. When it does not work, js.cmd can‘t launch it :(

JPLAYSettings does not launch when it has a (physical) connection issue with the DAC/DDC. This is default behavior of JPLAYSettings.

Phil this does not make sense to me.

the only difference between working and not working is setting the default shell on the Control PC to Roon Server  from the Windows default.

Nothing changes on the Audio PC or the Control PC.  How do I trouble shoot this?  

magicknow

I think control PC interacts with audio PC. When there is a certain interaction (jplay driver, streaming protocol, etc), you have that lock up. So they are not independent of each other. There was some start up sequence change (manual to automatic, that is) in the control pc, right? Somehow the automatically started control PC kicked the audio PC, in turn, putting it into a numb state hence no response to the js command (or something like that).

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

It‘s the default behavior of JPLAYSettings. When there is something wrong with the DAC or its connection, you will just get a black screen. js.cmd cannot change this.

when you set roon as shell it occupies the device, therefore jplaysettings can no longer connect to it = black screen.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

2 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

It‘s the default behavior of JPLAYSettings. When there is something wrong with the DAC or its connection, you will just get a black screen. js.cmd cannot change this.

Fair enough but how does something suddenly go wrong with the DAC connection just by changing the default shell on the Control PC?

Booting sequence is a very complex one. If roon core and jplayasio code load and run during the boot sequence (i.e. automatically loaded), there can be some unexpected because certain programs are required to be loaded prior to certain others. That is why things are fine when you load manually after boot sequence settles.

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

thanks for this, Is there any way to get this working correctly?

I think by design JPLAY has to load automatically and obviously if I set Roon Server as the default Shell it also has to load automatically, correct?

Given this what is the way to get this working correctly?

Cheers

4 hours ago, shinyc said:

Maybe you can place a delay command like "timeout /t 20"  just before the roon core invoking line in the AO startup shell script. 

Perhaps you can edit the AO roon startup script per above quote and try see if it works.

Yes, I would try that cmd script. Of course you would delete (or REM) the hqplayer line. It seems it has a timer built in. If you are not sure, you can still add the following line to delay the "start" command:

timeout /t 20

40 minutes ago, shinyc said:

Perhaps you can edit the AO roon startup script per above quote and try see if it works.

Please NEVER try to edit anything that comes with AO, expect it‘s meant to be edited!

AO 3.00 offers a custom shell (custom_shell.cmd) which can be set as shell replacement using ServiceTool. This is the one and only part of AO that is meant to be edited.

Edit the custom_shell.cmd to suit your needs. Test it very well so it does exactly what you need it to do. After verifying it works as you need it, set it as shell replacement. Voilà :)

____________________________________________________________________________________

Yes, Sir.

would this be a resonable one to try?

@echo off
REM Created by: Highend-AudioPC
REM https://www.highend-audiopc.com
Title "Launching custom shell..."
@echo off
echo Launching custom shell...
ping -n 3 127.0.0.1 -w 1000 >nul
REM start /HIGH "HQPlayer" "%Systemdrive%\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer Desktop 3\HQPlayer-desktop.exe"
timeout /t 20
start /HIGH "RoonServer" %userprofile%\AppData\Local\Roon\Application\Roon.exe
exit

That looks about right. 

"ping -n 3 127.0.0.1 -w 1000 >nul" is equivalent to 3 second timer (you can change 3 to 10 or 20). You can delete the timeout thing.

Of course, you would name this file "custom_shell.cmd".

49 minutes ago, shinyc said:

Of course, you would name this file "custom_shell.cmd".

Exactly! Otherwise ServiceTool would not find the custom shell :)

Thanks, It‘s just a sample file to show the idea about what to do. :) Will adjust it to avoid confusion.

For working path‘s you can use all other cmd files in the tools directory.

Oh cool. It did work for you. Nice going. I am glad.

4 hours ago, magicknow said:

Not really but I have been thinking about it for the Control PC.  i am wondering how important the choice of OS is on the Control PC.

I am using 10 Pro on control PC with AO 2.2 and the attached the Audio PC uses WinServer 2019 GUI and AO latest 3.0 beta.

Sounds very good, but I did not compare to Server also on control PC.

AO can strip Win Pro of excess stuff and also replace the GUI... I found these AO functions changes the sound from stock WIN Pro..

One thing for sure, is the AO sound signature and digital filter settings on the control PC are obvious..

I was shocked by this as I found they are just as obvious on control PC in 2 PC setup as for when I used a single PC setup😲.