Sign in to follow this  
AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Rate this topic

14 hours ago, Gato said:

Hi motberg:

Hoping that the following information is what you are asking for:

Dual machines: Look at the full audio system description: https://audiophilestyle.com/profile/30314-gato/?tab=field_core_pfield_3

Drag and Drop for file loading: Not used

HQPlayer
  Settings
    •    CD Drive: D :
    •    Backend: ASIO      To be noted: for WASAPI, select: WASAPI
    •    Device: T+A PDP3000 USB ASIO
    •    Channels: 2
    •    Ch. offset: 0
    •    SDM Pack: none
    •    2wire: Unchecked
    •    Buffer time: Default                        
    •    DAC bits: 32
    •    AltDSD: Unchecked
    •    PCM Defaults
        ⁃    Filter: poly-sync
        ⁃    Dither: TPDF
        ⁃    Sample rate (/ Limit): 384k
        ⁃    VolMin: -60dB
    •    SDM Defaults
        ⁃    Oversampling: poly-sync-xtr-mp-2s
        ⁃    Modulator: AMSDM7 512+fs
        ⁃    Bit rate: 48k x512
        ⁃    Vol Max: -3.0dB
    •    Unchecked: Multicore DSP                
    •    Unchecked: CUDA offload
    •    Unchecked: Auto rate family                               
    •    Unchecked: Full screen mode
    •    Unchecked: Verbose full screen
    •    Unchecked: Log file
  DSDIFF/DSF Settings
    ⁃    Checked: DirectSDM
    ⁃    UnChecked: 6 dB Gain
    ⁃    Conversion Type: poly-short-lin
    ⁃    Noise Filter: standard
    ⁃    Integrator: IIR

With ASIO: Upsampling all to DSD512

Audiophile optimiser 

•    Yes
    •    C
    •    Y to backup current AO settings
    •    U ultimate mode
    •    X signature                                 
    •    X digital filter                             
    •    Y Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support
    •    Y Roon & HQPlayer support
    •    E HPET
    •    Y disable/remove Windows Defender
    •    D SEHOP
    •    Y WASAPI / MMCSS
    •    Y Disable SCSI
    •    A Do not turn off display
    •    E USB optimisation
    •    Y Disable drivers and services
    •    Y Disable Plug and play
    •    Y Disable AMD CPU/SATA Drivers
    •    Y Disable Remote Desktop services
    •    Y Disable Remote Management services
    •    N use of USBPAL
    •    Y Defrag/Trim SSD

Wow ! Thanks so much for the details.. great info for HQPlayer setup...

@AudioPhil have you announced yet the cost of upgrading AO 2.2 to AO 3.0?

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 1903/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

1 hour ago, rickca said:

@AudioPhil have you announced yet the cost of upgrading AO 2.2 to AO 3.0?

Hi

No official (or precise) statement yet but it will be in the same ballpark as the AO 2.00 upgrade was nearly three years ago.

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

11 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

No official (or precise) statement yet but it will be in the same ballpark as the AO 2.00 upgrade was nearly three years ago.

I wasn't using AO in that timeframe, so I don't know how you priced that transition.  When buying AO 3.0, will there be a discount for users with an AO 2.2 license purchased prior to April 1, 2019?  Does it matter how many activations I've used?

NUC7PJYH/AL --> Berkeley Alpha USB --> Jeff Rowland Aeris --> Jeff Rowland 625 S2 --> Focal Utopia 3 Diablos with 2 x Focal Electra SW 1000 BE subs

i7-6700K/Windows 10 Version 1903/HDPLEX 200W/HDPLEX 400W DC-ATX --> EVGA Nu Audio Card --> Focal CMS50's 

The amount of used activations of the old version is irrelevant and it would not be technically possible to offer an automated upgrade path if we would take that into account.

There are two upgrades available, a more expensive one for users still on AO 1.xx and a significantly cheaper one for users on AO 2.xx.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Getting used to core (or really pseudo-core with FoD) is surprisingly fun.

Most stuff that could be done with clicking now needs a command, but once you learn the commands you can just make a bat file to do it all in a single click, even more efficient than before.

Here is bat to stop/start WASAPI services that might be useful if you want the function but usually use ASIO/KS and want that slight extra bit of optimisation.

WASAPI Off.bat WASAPI On.bat

Edited by numlog
changed bat to disable/enable service aswell so it persists after reboot

ok, 

Its only useful for sound in browsers.

Chrome is supposed to have WASAPI output with command ''-exclusive-mode-audio'' but it doesnt work anymore, possibly never worked since it didnt work in an older build of chrome either.

On 4/13/2019 at 1:31 PM, magicknow said:

@magicknow

I use Process Lasso and Fidelizer Pro and both add to the game. With both of them and AO3.0 b38 on WS2019 GUI (Roon-shell) the WASAPI output in Roon has definitely overtook JplayFemto's ASIO/KS by giving more precision/transparency/rhythm/air...just everything to the music. All these attributes I kept in favor for JplayFemto last October when I installed it...  I'm still in surprise about what happend now and perhaps Phil can leave some words here on how the WASAPI implementation in AO 3.0 does something special (or if AO does anything at all to WASAPI?) compared to 'normal' WASAPI without AO? Is there less processing in WASAPI than in ASIO? What's exactly the difference between the two? I know that's an old discussion but I still don't know and I think Phil can clarify the technical terms that might be of interest here.

Phil?

gui

Hello

Yes i think i can help :)

AO does a few things regarding WASAPI. In core systems (2016/2019) it enables WASAPI, not possible without AO.

For ALL windows systems there is a feature called „WASAPI Optimization“. It contains over a dozen specific tweaks for WASAPI!

...thats why it sounds so frikkin good 😎

10 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello

Yes i think i can help :)

AO does a few things regarding WASAPI. In core systems (2016/2019) it enables WASAPI, not possible without AO.

For ALL windows systems there is a feature called „WASAPI Optimization“. It contains over a dozen specific tweaks for WASAPI!

...thats why it sounds so frikkin good 😎

So at least I'm not deaf and only make them differences up 🙂

Phil, is it your finding that WASAPI with AO is even better (or different) in WS2019 than in previous versions of AO/OS or is it just the same as in WS2016/2012/W10 and it's only other things in WS2019 that makes it sound better than all other Windows-OS before?

WASAPI wasn't on my list before but is now a big (+) for me when speaking of SQ AND simplicety and I see overlaps (at least SQ related) with competitors like JplayFemto and others. If it's difficult to speak openly that's ok and fine with me, but I'd like to know what do you prefer in your system at the moment... WASAPI straight/JplayFemto-ASIO/WASAPI or any other combination? I'm just looking for the most transparent/resolving sound ever...even if it's a little harsh or digital sounding in your system (I can handle/get rid of that with my unique tuning)...but maybe it's better to discuss this topic on Munich HighEnd fair 😉

gui

I took a shot at single PC/Roon/WASAPI/Fidelizer/AO3b38/WS2019GUI combo. I did not use PL. I just let fidelizer choose cores/priority for roon. I noticed that fidleizer chose core #1, #2 (zero based) out of 4 cores for all audio related processes including the processreaper.

Compare to a dual PC jplayfemto setup (usual stuff, 1000hz dac link, KS, bubbleupnp, hibernation, etc.), unfortunately, this setup won hands down on my setup. I was really looking forward to seeing roon/wasapi combo's winning for its simplicity sake but I still have to stick with the dual pc setup and with so many little (and some big) power supplies. In my dual PC setup, roon runs on another PC so it's more of a triple PC setup. I love to achieve single pc setup and see how others can replicate your success.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Music Source: NAS[Synology], Qobuz, Tidal

Music Player: Roonserver[Mac mini]

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

DDC: Iso Regen w/LPS1.2, Acousence afi+USB (USB to S/PDIF) w/Li-ion battery PS

DAC: Yggdrasil Analog 2

On 4/16/2019 at 6:44 PM, shinyc said:

I took a shot at single PC/Roon/WASAPI/Fidelizer/AO3b38/WS2019GUI combo. I did not use PL. I just let fidelizer choose cores/priority for roon. I noticed that fidleizer chose core #1, #2 (zero based) out of 4 cores for all audio related processes including the processreaper.

Compare to a dual PC jplayfemto setup (usual stuff, 1000hz dac link, KS, bubbleupnp, hibernation, etc.), unfortunately, this setup won hands down on my setup. I was really looking forward to seeing roon/wasapi combo's winning for its simplicity sake but I still have to stick with the dual pc setup and with so many little (and some big) power supplies. In my dual PC setup, roon runs on another PC so it's more of a triple PC setup. I love to achieve single pc setup and see how others can replicate your success.

Thank you for sharing your experience.

@ shinyc

would you mind to describe the differences you heard between single and dual PC? Just use your own words and I try to read between the lines. I ask for this because sometimes the harsher more digital sounding system (but at the same time more transparent and more open) is the right one for me to deal with in terms of my tuning.

gui 

p.s. If you can try PL. It's really worth 'playing' with this tool.

p.p.s. just PM me if you don't want to spoil the thread

I don't know how I can spoil a thread especially on this forum. Here we go.

Actually moving roon server to a new machine took a long time. It takes about 3 hours to backup my roon db. I should have obtained a new free trial license instead. Once I fired up the single PC roon setup, I was expecting air, density, transparency. These three qualities are usually noticeable immediately. Well no good news there. I was really looking forward to the density part. I played maybe 4 or 5 tracks before I wanted to return back to the original dual PC setup. After returning I played a track. those three qualities are back to the level I was able to obtain in my lifetime. I don't recall one quality being vastly different from each other, though. As you know as an audiophile, if there is clearly discernible differences however small it is, it is hard to go back. 

Many times transparency and density go against each other. If you can achieve both at the same time, that can be an eerie feeling. You would probably need an exotic tube amplifies to realize the feat. For now I am content with transparency alone. Much harshness is gone after fidelizer and femto technology. I will give PL a shot when I have some spare time. Do they offer free trial for server OS?

Control PC: squeeze2upnp, fb2k, dirac, Jplay Femto, Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 GUI, Mac mini w/HDPlex 200W

Audio PC: Jplay Femto(KS/1000hz), Fidelizer, AO(4D), WS2019 core, i7 w/HDPlex 200W

Updated to latest version 38, everything works very well. 

Still impressed with the sound from the set-up. (JPlay, PL, and AO).

AO did forget the privius sound signature  settings, but no big Deal.

happy Easter to all.🐣

Supermicro X10SBA MB, Hynix 2x4GB Ram, Supermicro Satadom for the oss, PPA V2 Pci-usb, HDPlex Linear 200w, HDPlex 400w atx, Audiowind A-270 regulator 5v to power Satadom oss. MS-HPULN to power the ecu.

Silverstone chassis. Server 2019. AO Beta 3.0. JPlay 7. Femto server and streamer, Bubble upnp. Arcam Irdac w.SBooster botw. Wyred4sound RUR. w. diy Linear/ Audiowind A-270 regulator. Uptone USB link to DAC (No 5v). Audiocadabra Optimus usb cable.

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and switch.. Dk Design mk II w.Siemens CCA tubes.Silver fuses. B&W 802 III Matrix w.Jensen/Duelund crossover part. Sonic Design damping feed.Vincent power cables,powerstrib w.syncro box.Tara labs reference biwire speaker cable, Diy interconnect w.Eichmann bullet plugs.Audiomagic Hepta rack w.Solid tech Isoclear isolation feet.

Hi

Sound Signatures and Digital-Filters are reset by ServiceTool at the end of the update process. It‘s intended to work like that.

Happy easter everyone! :)

I have a two PC setup both PC running WinSvr2019 GUI
From the Control PC JPlay connects the two machines over a separate subnet  with no issue.
When i start Roon Server manually from the default Shell everything seems to work fine.
I only have one Audio Device to choose from on the Audio PC and that is Jplay ASIO.
When I run ST on the Control PC and set Roon Server as the default shell then I can't get audio to play.   the Roon control app says Audio device wont initialize 
When I type JS at the cmd line it doesn't start JPlay setting it just reverts back to the command prompt.

Not sure what is wrong,  suggestions please?

magicknow

I’d go to audioPC, run Device Manager, check if audio device is still there and healthy.

WS2019 Datacenter Core, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer 8.5, BubbleUPn.

yes the XPIDIF-2 matrix USB to HDMI converter is working correctly.  It is feeding my PSAUDIO Direct stream DAC.

The Audio PC doesn't change between restarts of the Control PC to either Roon started from Default Shell  (works correctly)  or Roon running as default Shell (doesn't work)

I have the exact same symptom. Well, almost. I run roon on a 3rd machine and I am running hqplayer on the control pc. If I have hqplayer brought up with AO startup shell, jplayasio acts up and thing don't work. So whenever I reboot, I remove jplayasio from the hqplayer and reboot. Then, I manually reinstate jplayasio at the hqplayer. When jplayasio is not working for some reason including one you are experiencing, many times, js command does not bring up the jplay settings panel. Then, I have to reboot the audio pc. Only then, you can bring up the jplay settings panel. Then, choose the audio pc ip again (it should be redirected to the local pc), ok and bring the panel again to make sure everything is correctly set. Maybe you can place a delay command like "timeout /t 20"  just before the roon core invoking line in the AO startup shell script. 

Well, that was happening when I was on WS2016 core so this adds to the almost the same symptom. Now my setup is moved away from jplayasio and went on to femto, which just sounds phenomenally better. I am using "squeeze2upnp.exe" to connect to roon when using femto chain. If I am really into SQ, I copy an album to a local directory and use "pure" femto" using bubbleupnp control point (no roon involved). Once you experience the femto sound, it might take some time to get back to roon. 

FYI:

js.cmd can only launch JPLAYSettings when it actually does work. When it does not work, js.cmd can‘t launch it :(

JPLAYSettings does not launch when it has a (physical) connection issue with the DAC/DDC. This is default behavior of JPLAYSettings.