AudioPhil

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, Audio said:

Disappointed with JRiver not stable enough to use. I took a break and went for a vacation.

After I got back, I noticed that Beta36  is now available.  So does JRiver MC25.

This prompt me to start another new installation.  I reinstall Windows Server 2019 Core.  Load in JRiver MC25.  Everything works fine.  I load in AO3 Beta36.  Then I do a AO optimizatiuon and this time, I chose the option of not shutting down the screen.

Now, everything works!!  Every playback source is selectable.   JRemote works.  Even Ayre QX-5 USB playback works!!  For the DLNA, this time, I turn off DOPe....WOW!  This is the first time I am able to play DSDx4 (DSD256) natively on my Lumin X1!!

DAC: Lumin X1 + Ayre QX-5 ethernet via DLNA and Ayre QX-5 USB using ASIO driver 

Driver: DLNA + TUSBAudio ASIO driver 1.65 (Streamlength)

Need to press F8: N/A

Player: JJRiver Media Center 25 64bits

KS working: Not Sure

WASAPI working: Not Sure

Needed HD Audio Driver: No

I am so happy!

(Audio)

Hello, is it possible to play video with Jriver in server 2019 Core?

I tried with MPC-HC, prompt me missing the avifil32.dll and dxva2.dll. After placing these two files in System32 folder, video playback works, but no sound. Might be some sound codec missing.

8 hours ago, darkfrank said:

Hello, is it possible to play video with Jriver in server 2019 Core?

I tried with MPC-HC, prompt me missing the avifil32.dll and dxva2.dll. After placing these two files in System32 folder, video playback works, but no sound. Might be some sound codec missing.

Nice find about the DLL's!

Regtarding Audio, did you also run AO in Core and said yes to KS and MediaPlayer support?

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

1 hour ago, AudioPhil said:

Nice find about the DLL's!

Regtarding Audio, did you also run AO in Core and said yes to KS and MediaPlayer support?

Yes, I run AO several times already.

image.thumb.png.017c825fdac7e94bd7f07b88b40cc79d.png

Chasing the dll files used by MPC-HC wasapi exculsive mode in another copy of windows, I see the core server missing to call AUDIOKSE.dll.

1753260989_.jpg.f8628228c44e53ba3adbd45f0c460b8c.jpg

I suggest you start with a fresh installation and follow these steps to the word until you have audio working.

once you have audio working copy the two dll‘s and try video.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

4 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

I suggest you start with a fresh installation and follow these steps to the word until you have audio working.

once you have audio working copy the two dll‘s and try video.

OK, I will try it again. Cuz I already managed to play audio with ROON using ASIO perfectly, so I didn't try anything else.:D

1 hour ago, AudioPhil said:

No this won‘t do the trick :) you‘ll most likely need WASAPI for that

Followed the steps, everything works perfectly now.

20 minutes ago, darkfrank said:

Followed the steps, everything works perfectly now.

Cool, great to hear! 👍🏼

5 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

If you run Server 2019 in Core, you can now set explorer as shell replacement. This gives you somehwat of a GUI environment in Core, but start menu etc will all not work. 

So any of the sleek looking ''tile'' windows wont work, does that include the old simple control panel and other tools you find in the System32 folder in the GUI version?

17 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

...Beta 37 is now available for download! :)

Since we are coming to the end phase of the software development, only marginal changes in ServiceTool. No changes for AO, AudiophileShell or setup.exe...

ServiceTool 3.00
- Added file explorer as shell replacement
- Added command prompt as shell replacement
- Correct default shell replacement on FOD installations

If you run Server 2019 in Core, you can now set explorer as shell replacement. This gives you somehwat of a GUI environment in Core, but start menu etc will all not work. For all other OS it is now also possible to set the command prompt as shell replacement. If Server 2019 has FoD installed, the "restore default shell" function will now correctly set command prompt as shell instead of explorer.exe.

Enjoy it,

AudioPhil

AOb37: SUCCESSFUL: From Scratch:
DAC/DDC: T+A DAC 8 DSD
Driver/Version: T+A USB Audio USB Driver / 1.0.62.0
Need to press F8: NO
Player: HQPlayer 3.25.3
KS working: YES
WASAPI working: YES
Needed HD Audio Driver: NO

PS:
Control "PC": Mac OS 10.14.3 / Roon 1.6 (build 401)

1 hour ago, Gato said:

AOb37: SUCCESSFUL: From Scratch:
DAC/DDC: T+A DAC 8 DSD
Driver/Version: T+A USB Audio USB Driver / 1.0.62.0
Player: HQPlayer 3.25.3

PS:
Control "PC": Mac OS 10.14.3 / Roon 1.6 (build 401)

Excellent, THANK YOU! :)

Hi,

In WS2019 standard core/AO 3.0 Beta I followed one to one the procedure of installing DAC driver (https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/55535-how-to-wasapi-in-windows-server-2019-core-experimental/) for MCIntosh D1100 in WS2019 standard core/AO 3.0 Beta 37/SinglePC from clean windows installation until a step of "rescanning in devmgmt" that still shows DAC's device in the status "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)".

I also used F8 key during boot to disable driver signature enforcement. Similar procedure in WS2016/AO 2.20 worked well with the same audio driver.

Any ideas what to check or verify?

17 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Same as AO would give you in core without FoD.

sorry, Im not sure what you mean. I havent used core before, only considering it now that it might be more user friendly.

The search results for ''FoD'' suggest that Server 2019 itself has added support for FoD in core, are you saying this will be added but stripped down to explorer by AO for optimal SQ?

11 hours ago, bogkor35 said:

Hi,

In WS2019 standard core/AO 3.0 Beta I followed one to one the procedure of installing DAC driver (https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/55535-how-to-wasapi-in-windows-server-2019-core-experimental/) for MCIntosh D1100 in WS2019 standard core/AO 3.0 Beta 37/SinglePC from clean windows installation until a step of "rescanning in devmgmt" that still shows DAC's device in the status "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)".

I also used F8 key during boot to disable driver signature enforcement. Similar procedure in WS2016/AO 2.20 worked well with the same audio driver.

Any ideas what to check or verify?

You cannot use the same steps as with older OS and AO 2.20, it won‘t work like this!

follow these steps exactly: 

11 hours ago, numlog said:

sorry, Im not sure what you mean. I havent used core before, only considering it now that it might be more user friendly.

The search results for ''FoD'' suggest that Server 2019 itself has added support for FoD in core, are you saying this will be added but stripped down to explorer by AO for optimal SQ?

No.

setting explorer as shell won‘t give you more fearures or functionallity than AO (sound control panel, device manager, etc.) and applying features on demand. It will just set explorer.exe as shell, nothing more.

You understood me improperly - I used a word "similar" in the context of your different procedure  http://jplay.eu/forum/index.php?/topic/2321-wasapi-in-core-mode-all-you-need-to-know/ I followed in the past to make the same DAC working in WS2016 core /AO 2.20/ JPlay&JPlay Femto KS environment.

Yesterday I followed exactly this (https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/55535-how-to-wasapi-in-windows-server-2019-core-experimental/) procedure even twice:

1. (clean) Install Windows Server 2019 in Core mode (en version) --> ok

2. Mount the FOD ISO and install the "Server Core App Compatibility" according to procedure-->  ok
3. Install AO 3.00 Beta 37 --> ok

4. Full run with AO with almost all features enabled, including "Install Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support", "Install Roon & HQPlayer Support", "Plug&Play services", "WMI", "Drivers and Services" --> ok

5. After the reboot fire up ServiceTool and launch the DriverHelper --> ok

6. Install your DAC/DDC driver using the DriverHelper --> ok, system rebooted

7. Start the Device Manager by typing "devmgmt.msc" --> ok

8. Select your DAC devices and uninstall them again, but do not select "delete the driver" --> ok

9. Rescan hardware Icon, your DAC driver should now be successfully installed --> after rescaning I see DAC's device icon with exclamation mark and in properties a message "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)"

Between steps 2 & 3 I installed successfully Microsoft drivers to JCAT Net Femto card and JPLAY Femto audio player.

On 3/30/2019 at 3:15 PM, AudioPhil said:

...Beta 37 is now available for download!

DAC/DDC: SOEKRIS 1421 / ARMATURE HECATE

Driver/Version: 3.34 / 4.59 

Player: JPLAY FEMTO

😎

On 3/20/2019 at 10:34 PM, AudioPhil said:

This will be fixed in the next beta 

Success! One thing to note,  with Explorer as shell I see no obvious way to reboot or shutdown. WIN key+R to cmd works.

And I took the time to swap the work computer's SSD with the NUC's SSD. Unfortunately AudiophileShell still takes about 30 seconds to show. I updated the NUC's BIOS but without the wanted effect. If you or anyone has any idea here I'm all ears.

A nice (calculated) side effect of swapping is that I finally made my way from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Yes off-topic ;)

Server 2019 GUI, previous with Beta 36 , AudiophileShell, AOK...

today upon boot I get quick message there is a new version and to a blank screen

All modules will load a lot faster in the final version since those multiple checks for internet access will no longer happen in the final version :)

to shutdown (when setting explorer as shell in 2019 core) either use cmd or AudiophileShell.

24 minutes ago, motberg said:

today upon boot I get quick message there is a new version and to a blank screen

Perfect, exactly as it should be! :)

YOU NEED TO UPDATE TO BETA37 IF YOU FURTHER WANT TO USE THE AO 3.00 BETA

17 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Perfect, exactly as it should be! :)

YOU NEED TO UPDATE TO BETA37 IF YOU FURTHER WANT TO USE THE AO 3.00 BETA

IMHO - arriving at a black screen is kind of silly

46 minutes ago, motberg said:

DL'd Beta 37 update on other computer.. copied .exe file to USB..

enabled internet on audio PC through USB adapter

executed Audio PC AOBeta 37 update from USB via powershell

system rebooted to AudiophileShell, seems all prior settings and configurations returned OK

Well that black screen comes after the message that there is an update available. It is how it works for the beta period.

You need to update to Beta 37.