IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

For those that are interested in JRiver, I had installed it last week. Installation never gave any sort of problem. WS2019 core mode. Worked flawlessly. Unless you hit the 'streaming' or something like that button. This works only through the remote control device, another JRiver client on another PC.

Good interface but was not thrilled at all.

For those trully interested in listening to digital sound the option is called Roon. If you have 30.000+ albums, it is impossible to manage the library if you do not use Roon. I have tried anything that exists. Impossible! Lost hours, thrown into the bin.

The most important things you *MUST* have for streaming are:

• Windows 2019 Server. Forget anything else that exists on earth!
  • Audiophile Optimizer 3. It goes hand to hand with WS2019, don't try Windows without AO. Stay away and go to Linux. El cheapo.
  • Roon software. Expensive? Maybe yes, maybe no. If you have 10s of 1000s of albums, you can't go other way.
  • With 10s of 1000s of albums, then comes the NAS. You can't live without it!
  • JPlay 7 as the 'zone' device. It plays magnitudes of order better than anything else!
  • For the most purists, a double PC setup and Jplay running on both machines is the next step up. Serious upgrade
  • Next level is RAMdisk configuration on the 2nd PC (audio PC).
  • Next lever higher is the JPlay Femto server. No search capabilities, very bad scrolling between folders. JPlay is not to blame, the remote control apps are terrible.
  • If you can live without Roon for some specific, unique moments of listening sessions, maybe by copying the files locally, or maybe to a specific folder in your NAS, then comes RAMdisk configuration for the 1st PC (Control PC).
  • And finally, if you want to sit down and listen to music without interrupts and some blah blah with your friends, you owe to yourself to install this pretty shitty program called Bug Head Emperor. For the extreme quality this program requires a very powerful PC, but this is another story...

Spending around 1.700 Euros for the most important software is definitely not a small deal. Pricey for sure. Linux is free. But you will never achieve this level of performance.

I feel pretty sure that the majority of the guys here are audioholics to say the least. So, WS2019 & AO3 is the very first step in HiFi digital world.

Design & Manufacture of High Fidelity Audio Equipment

Peter,

Thanks for the definitive reply.  Pleased your install of JRiver was flawless.  As already noted several of us have not had that experience in Server Core with AO.

Roon does appear to be the choice for full details of music files in a library. 

I have also spent quite a period enjoying BHE - SQ  not bettered for my system.  But the almost daily updates and fussing about to keep it running wore me down.

Thank you again,

Ron

50 minutes ago, winmore said:

Peter,

I do not think it is that difficult indeed! I installed it flawlessly. I cannot imagine what went wrong!

Roon does appear to be the choice for full details of music files in a library. 

Hmmm... I once had that perception. It depends on your music library. If it is very big, ther is NO alternative. Trust me. For a couple 1000s of albums you do not need it, but for several 1000s, then things become difficult.

I have also spent quite a period enjoying BHE - SQ  not bettered for my system.  But the almost daily updates and fussing about to keep it running wore me down.

If you like listening to music, as good as it gets, try RAMdisk, BHE, JPlay as the ASIO driver and at least 'High' quality. Listening to a whole album might be troublesome to load it but with a PC on steroids, it really shines!

Personally, if you ask me, I can't live without WS2019, AO3, Roon & my NAS.

Thank you for your notice Ron!

Peter

Thank you again,

Ron

8 hours ago, magicknow said:

Phil  awhile back you said you were communicating with the developer of Audirvana to see if it could be made to work with Windows Server 2019  any progress in that area?

James 108

I reached out several times but got no reply at all to my questions :(

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

4 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

I reached out several times but got no reply at all to my questions :(

No reason to bother that much! Audirvana software is targeted mainly to Apple platforms. I once tried it. Downloaded it. Many issues with scrolling into the library. Occasional stops for absolutely no reason. Unwanted external downloads with C++ redistributable files. Presence in my PC lasted less than 30 minutes. Uninstalled it  in no time!

I would like to focus here, to AO3, with an issue I faced. I would really appreciate your help, if possible.

On my control PC (1st out of the 2 PCs), I did the following :

• Installed WS2019 core
  • Deactivated firewall
  • Installed AO 3.0 and reboot
  • Did not do "AO -wasapi for Wasapi injection"
  • Did not do "Service Tools > HD Audio Drivers installation"
  • Installed Roon Server
  • Installed JPLay Femto server
  • AO normal run,
    • Accepted Kernel Streaming support

As soon as this is the control PC, no audio drivers are needed, not Wasapi. Only Kernel Streaming.

The JPlay driver is not recognizable in Roon. JPlayFemto server does not behave good, does not play, Artwork is not visible.

Do you know if it is necessary to perform Wasapi injection in order to make Roon play on the control PC?

Thank you in advance.

Peter

Sorry, Peter Avgeris,

I have to disagree.  I have run many installations of JRiver, Roon, Audirvana on separate PCs and compared the sound quality.

JRiver has the best sound.  I would love to use Roon but I hate Roon mixing my CD library with Tidal streaming library.  Roon is the easiest to install.  Jriver reads SACD ISO files and self populate album artworks.

Sound quality is the most important attribute, I afraid.

(Audio)

Can everybody please give a short feedback about the DAC driver they are using and what OS (Server 2012 R2 Core, 2016 Core or 2019 Core)? Please also report if you need to press F8 during boot to disable driver signature enforcement and if KS works as well as if WASAPI works and what player you are using. Please use the example report below.

Copy/paste/edit and then post your infos in the thread.

Example report

DAC/DDC:

Driver/Version:

Need to press F8:

Player:

KS working:

WASAPI working:

Needed HD Audio Driver:

Thanks a lot,

AudioPhil

____________________________________________________________________________________

11 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Can everybody please give a short feedback about the DAC driver they are using and what OS (Server 2012 R2 Core, 2016 Core or 2019 Core)? Please also report if you need to press F8 during boot to disable driver signature enforcement and if KS works as well as if WASAPI works and what player you are using. Please use the example report below.

Example report

DAC/DDC:

Driver/Version:

Need to press F8:

Player:

KS working:

WASAPI working:

Thanks a lot,

AudioPhil

Phil, shouldn't you add also ASIO?

3 minutes ago, alicenir said:

Phil, shouldn't you add also ASIO?

ASIO is a proprietary standard and never part of the default windows installation. Or in other words, ASIO always works since it is a proprietary driver.

...you better fill out my template :D

52 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Example report

DAC/DDC:

Driver/Version:

Need to press F8:

Player:

KS working:

WASAPI working:

Needed HD Audio Driver:

Thanks a lot,

AudioPhil

DAC/DDC: Ayre QB-9

Driver/Version: Thesycon v. 1.26S

Need to press F8: No

Player: JPLAY Femto

KS working: Yes

WASAPI working: Yes

Needed HD Audio Driver: No

(Updated)

DAC/DDC: B.M.C. PureDAC2/Mutec

Driver/Version: Mutec V3.3/Firmware 1.10

Need to press F8: No

Player: JPLAY FEMTO

KS working: Yes

WASAPI working: N/A

Needed HD Audio Driver: No

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

Report single PC in Ramdisk. second PC under-construction

DAC/DDC: PS Audio Directstream = USB connected

Driver/Version: USB ver 1.61.0.0

Need to press F8: No, however if I have the USB driver installed before installing and running AO optimisations, I need to go into Devmgmt.msc delete the PS Audio driver and reinstall it. All is good after that.

Player: JPLAYfemto

KS working: YES

WASAPI working: NOT used

Needed HD Audio Driver: NA

3 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Example report

DAC/DDC:

Driver/Version:

Need to press F8:

Player:

KS working:

WASAPI working:

Needed HD Audio Driver: 

Thanks a lot,

AudioPhil

DAC/DDC: MF Vlink 192

Driver/Version: 1.62