IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

40 minutes ago, Peter Avgeris said:

Ask your comments do not relate to my problem. The key is public. Server core is the version. I am doing everything as it should be. Problem is not caused on my side. There is an error. Older version is fully functional. Bye bye the newer one! 

You‘re doing it wrong Peter. TubeMan is 100% correct.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

25 minutes ago, magicknow said:

Is this the correct iso file   When I try the DISM command it says source files not found

It says AMD 64 but I have a i7 920 not sure if this matters

796057282_Annotation2019-02-22121001.thumb.jpg.0e40b770d11edf333fd16be66ad20d70.jpg

Looks fine to me. I placed a link in the WASAPI How-To, just need to click and download :)

____________________________________________________________________________________

1 hour ago, Peter Avgeris said:

Someone here reported to use the latest WS2019 distribution from Microsoft. I visited Microsoft and indeed, they had a new release up for downloading. Of course, after a hard hit and the lesson I had received some time ago, I never delete old distributions unless the new ones are downloaded, installed and found perfect under normal working environment.

The transformation from Evaluation license to Standard license involves the well known dism command:

>   dism /online /set-edition:ServerStandardCor /productkey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX /accepteula

For a reason that I do not know, this command has generated errors in both 3 PCs while the older standard version downloaded a month ago had produced zero errors!

Just FYI!

Is there any reason why applying all updates doesn't get you the latest version? 

Guys!

This thing is going to drive us crazy.

Would it ever be possible not to know from the beginning what I'm doing? The command I was inserting was correct. Could not be any different.

However, I always like to listen to someone who tells I'm wrong. Time for investigation...

Through the well known commands, I realized that my current edition was Standard Evaluation Core. OK so far.

What I realized next was that the only available Target edition was ServerDatacenterCor (!!!!!)

I told myself "I am not that crazy". Are there any chances I made a mistake during installation? No!

It seems that Microsoft decided to alter the installation media and through the latest update, provided only one option as a target, and this is Datacenter. Not Standard. Always Core mode! I do not know why this has happened.

Does anybody know anything?

Has anybody experienced better or worse sound with Datacenter Core instead of Standard Core?

Design & Manufacture of High Fidelity Audio Equipment

I come back with more impressions.

I installed from scratch the latest WS2019 downloaded from Microsoft.

I went from Server Standard to Server Datacenter. Could not do either way because this version only gives you the option to go to Datacenter.

I had no other alternation to this PC.

The improvement in SQ is *tremendous*. I still can't believe so! I can observe running some processes less but I do not think that this is vast improvement in SQ comes from anything else besides alternation to Datacenter Edition.

Can anybody help here?

2 hours ago, Peter Avgeris said:

I come back with more impressions.

I installed from scratch the latest WS2019 downloaded from Microsoft.

I went from Server Standard to Server Datacenter. Could not do either way because this version only gives you the option to go to Datacenter.

I had no other alternation to this PC.

The improvement in SQ is *tremendous*. I still can't believe so! I can observe running some processes less but I do not think that this is vast improvement in SQ comes from anything else besides alternation to Datacenter Edition.

Can anybody help here?

Hi Peter,

i also thought so. i started with 2019 data center and yesterday i installed STD version. still not clear to me...i also heard differences but i am not 100 percent sure because i played with process lasso.

anyway, according to the version comparison here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started-19/editions-comparison-19 theirs shouldn't be any difference, they are identical except hyper-v option and few non related items.

55 minutes ago, alicenir said:

Hi Peter,

i also thought so. i started with 2019 data center and yesterday i installed STD version. still not clear to me...i also heard differences but i am not 100 percent sure because i played with process lasso.

anyway, according to the version comparison here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started-19/editions-comparison-19 theirs shouldn't be any difference, they are identical except hyper-v option and few non related items.

So 2019 Datacenter Core Edition sound really better than the 2019 Standard Core Edition or do I miss something?

5 minutes ago, Gato said:

So 2019 Datacenter Core Edition sound really better than the 2019 Standard Core Edition or do I miss something?

Not Sure yet to tell you the truth, i need to listen a bit more. try it also if you can...

one thing i can tell that made difference for me is to move from an on-board Ethernet to a USB 2 Ethernet adapter. i dont have a special SoTM network card because of lack of space in my HDPLEX case but because i had an issue in the beginning installing the on board lan i purchased the adapter and i was quite amazed with the difference.

i also read this: http://www.runeaudio.com/forum/usb-to-ethernet-adapter-better-sound-than-ethernet-t3595.html  

7 hours ago, Peter Avgeris said:

Guys!

This thing is going to drive us crazy.

Would it ever be possible not to know from the beginning what I'm doing? The command I was inserting was correct. Could not be any different.

However, I always like to listen to someone who tells I'm wrong. Time for investigation...

Through the well known commands, I realized that my current edition was Standard Evaluation Core. OK so far.

What I realized next was that the only available Target edition was ServerDatacenterCor (!!!!!)

I told myself "I am not that crazy". Are there any chances I made a mistake during installation? No!

It seems that Microsoft decided to alter the installation media and through the latest update, provided only one option as a target, and this is Datacenter. Not Standard. Always Core mode! I do not know why this has happened.

Does anybody know anything?

Has anybody experienced better or worse sound with Datacenter Core instead of Standard Core?

Yes i do :) i'll try to summarize it for you with my own words:

- You can only change the edition "upwards", meaning you can go "up" from standard to datacenter, but not "down" from datacenter to standard

- To see where you are/what you have enter Dism /Online /Get-CurrentEdition

image.png.62fab607605b0a5b1e766149fd0b2ae9.png

- To see where you can go enter Dism /Online /Get-TargetEditions

image.png.d01ce4c7596086c09832c494376a27a0.png

- To actually change the Standard into Datacenter edition enter

Dism /online /Set-Edition:<edition name> /AcceptEula /ProductKey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

- So with a Standard Edition installed the command to change to Datacenter edition is:

Dism /online /Set-Edition:ServerDatacenterCor /AcceptEula /ProductKey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

(Here you need to enter a valid Datacenter Product Key for this to work)

- If you want to change edition on an already optimized system, don't forget to do a reset via ServiceTool first

- All this is documented here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/dism-windows-edition-servicing-command-line-options

- The only difference between Standard and Datacenter is the licensing, otherwise both are identical bits and bytes wise. Datacenter in Server 2019 the only difference to standard is regarding to the virtualization rights. With one Datacenter license you are allowed to install one Hyper-V Host and run an unlimited number of virtual machines on it (Datacenter or Standard). In the older days there where more differences in terms of how many CPU's the OS supports and what the maximum RAM supported is, but with  Server 2019 it all got the same (64 CPU's and 24TB of RAM): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started-19/editions-comparison-19

If you need more help regarding this topic please start a new thread, this one here should focus on AO 3.00 beta :)

4 minutes ago, TubeMan said:

The improvement in sound you hear on datacenter vs standard
I think is related to a newer img and newer files,

REMEMBER THE SRV 2019 IS  VERY NEW,,
and still develops
The first stable version var released in Jan 2019

i  downloaded from Microsoft MVLS the Windows server 2019, on that iso when you install you can choose between DC & STD in core or GUI version and its the latest version "SW_DVD9_Win_Server_STD_CORE_2019_64Bit_English_DC_STD_MLF_X21-96581.ISO"

17 hours ago, Gato said:

Files are the same. So the better SQ comes from the newer files.

Yes, the difference is quite evident. As soon as you are used to the original sound, the installation of the newer distribution surprises you!

Without AO final run, the sound was already better than the one with the previous installation.

After AO final run, things are clearly better again!

I do not know where this thing is going to end 🙂

1 hour ago, Peter Avgeris said:

Files are the same. So the better SQ comes from the newer files.

Yes, the difference is quite evident. As soon as you are used to the original sound, the installation of the newer distribution surprises you!

Without AO final run, the sound was already better than the one with the previous installation.

After AO final run, things are clearly better again!

I do not know where this thing is going to end 🙂

So is it reasonable to assume that 2019 Datacenter GUI Edition might sound beter than 2019 Standard GUI Edition? Sorry to move away from AO3 Beta discussion but I'm curious

Ready my post a bit earlier. Standard vs Datacenter is 100% the same.

but an ISO one year old vs. a brand new one... THIS will certainly do sound different!

just think about it... :)

On 2/23/2019 at 8:27 AM, AudioPhil said:

Yes i do :) i'll try to summarize it for you with my own words:

- You can only change the edition "upwards", meaning you can go "up" from standard to datacenter, but not "down" from datacenter to standard

- To see where you are/what you have enter Dism /Online /Get-CurrentEdition

image.png.62fab607605b0a5b1e766149fd0b2ae9.png

- To see where you can go enter Dism /Online /Get-TargetEditions

image.png.d01ce4c7596086c09832c494376a27a0.png

- To actually change the Standard into Datacenter edition enter

Dism /online /Set-Edition:<edition name> /AcceptEula /ProductKey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

- So with a Standard Edition installed the command to change to Datacenter edition is:

Dism /online /Set-Edition:ServerDatacenterCor /AcceptEula /ProductKey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

(Here you need to enter a valid Datacenter Product Key for this to work)

- If you want to change edition on an already optimized system, don't forget to do a reset via ServiceTool first

- All this is documented here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/dism-windows-edition-servicing-command-line-options

- The only difference between Standard and Datacenter is the licensing, otherwise both are identical bits and bytes wise. Datacenter in Server 2019 the only difference to standard is regarding to the virtualization rights. With one Datacenter license you are allowed to install one Hyper-V Host and run an unlimited number of virtual machines on it (Datacenter or Standard). In the older days there where more differences in terms of how many CPU's the OS supports and what the maximum RAM supported is, but with  Server 2019 it all got the same (64 CPU's and 24TB of RAM): https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/get-started-19/editions-comparison-19

If you need more help regarding this topic please start a new thread, this one here should focus on AO 3.00 beta :)

Continue here with general question,

So the ISO that would sound better than the this:  SW_DVD9_Win_Server_STD_CORE_2019_64Bit_English_DC_STD_MLF_X21-96581
I also use this ISO, and this is the MD5 value:   f1222583e87a979c516e431d10ae0b16
As far as I know, standards and datacenters are the same, except that datacenter has more features unlocked, I don't think this can bring a SQ improvement.

The best, or different sound could be attributed to the fact that this ISO is more mature.
Confirm if you have the same MD5 value
Greetings
Anto 😊

• Install Windows Server Core 2019
  • Install FOD, Using the DISM as instructed I got ”Source files not found error”
  • I unzipped the iso to get all the .cab files in the target directory,  this worked
  • Sconfig option 6 Download ans install Updates: All
  • Install AO and reboot
  • Service_tool and install Hd Audio driver, allow all red windows, exit
  • Run ao/tools/ao -wasapi
  • Reboot with pressing F8 -> disabling driver signature
  • Reboot normal (without F8)
  • Install PS Audio DAC Driver
  • Install Jplay / Jriver 24 (I double clicked the setup.com using explorer.com)
  • Verify via devmgmt.msc that the audio drivers are installed correctly
  • Start Audiophile_core
    •     •    U ultimate mode
          •    4 signature                                 
          •    D digital filter                           
          •    N Kernel-Streaming and MediaPlayer support - already instlled WASAPI after FOD
          •    E HPET
          •    Y disable/remove Windows Defender
          •    D SEHOP
          •    Y WASAPI / MMCSS
          •    Y Disable SCSI
          •    A Do not turn off display
          •    E USB optimization
          •    Y Disable drivers and services
          •    Y Disable Plug and play
          •    Y Disable AMD CPU/SATA Drivers
          •    Y Disable Remote Desktop services
          •    Y Disable Remote Management services
          •    N use of USBPAL
          •    Y Defrag/Trim SSD
  • Reboot

At first JRiver seemed to work correctly, after I tried using JPlay FEMTO Server I started getting errors (DLNA Server not found or something like that) and the JRiver  platform become unstable.

Then going back to using Straight JRiver it still would crash.  I tried to reinstall JRiver to no avail.

Is there any way to uninstall program in Core mode?

What is the Best practice way to install JRiver

Do I need to do a clean install on Server 2019 Core to fix this?

James 108

Similar issue with JRiver in my install.  Following earlier comments by 'Audio' Tuesday 19/2 and Thursday 21/2, I followed 'Tubeman's install order and details to the letter which gets me to a never ending spinning hourglass after loading JRiver.  My previous comment of Tuesday 19/2 was in error in that I was using Win 2019  Server Standard (Desktop) which I now realise is not core.  That however, did play beautifully using JRiver.

Can I uninstall JRiver and AO and try reversing the install, that is JRiver prior to AO?  Or, as I think Phil said earlier, installing AO requires a clean install of Server (Core), and that is, for me at least, a time consuming process.

Yes the hourglass is one symptom on the install in 2019 Core,  I tried v 22 23 and 24.

there is an uninstall.exe in the JRiver program folder that you can use.

JRiver works great on Server 2019 GUI  and also sounds really good.

i would like to be able to run it in Core mode if they is a way.

James108