IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hi,

B35 works with 2019 core great for me!  Dac driver installation, KS, Wasapi, all go smooth!

Great job Phil !!!!!!!

My dac: Chord Qutest

My problems:

with B33:  to make the driver  work, i must every time i reboot press f8

with B34:  i could not install the dac driver at all

What i have done:
fresh install of 2019 core
install FOD

install AO  B35

install  within AO kernelstreaming and Roon & HQPlayer support

install my dac driver   >>> KS works

do the wasapi injection  >>> Wasapi works 

Hi,

Just installed a fresh core 2019 AO3/35 and FOD like the steps written above.

everything worked flawlessly. thank you Phil !!

to everyone that uses Roon Server and have a huge amount of music stored, keep your Roon backup scheduled in order not to waist time scanning again.

FYI -  on beta 34 i used Core 2019 DataCenter and non beta 35 i installed Core 2019 STD. not sure yet but i think that the DataCenter sounds even better....

48 minutes ago, ingemar said:

Sorry about my ignorance but why are you guyz using this FoD??

You need the FoD & the WASAPI injector if you want WASAPI in Core. On top of that FoD adds Explorer and few other handy things to Core mode.

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

18 minutes ago, mozes said:

Hi Phil

How close are we to the public Beta?

Hi

there won‘t be a public beta but you can always apply to join the beta testers group and participate in the beta phase.

____________________________________________________________________________________

6 minutes ago, magicknow said:

Regarding the step to install any other driver other than Audio

I don't have any drivers i need to install  is there a generic driver I can download to install  just to complete this?

thanks

James 108

„Install HD audio drivers“ will also install the generic USB Audio Class 2.00 driver.

i‘d give it a try :)

YAY. Success here too! With help of all the posted flows I found my way and the troublesome driver surrendered in the very first round. Installing was like cutting through butter compared to all the previous effort. Thanks all and Phil for a great beta.

A small observation is that when disabling remote management via sconfig (because I ran Windows Update there), AO still asked whether I want to disable it. Unless these are unrelated it would make sense AO had picked up and skips the question. More or less the same with the firewall. AO shows ''firewall disabled'' message even if you already passed ''netsh advfirewall set allprofiles state off''

Someone here reported to use the latest WS2019 distribution from Microsoft. I visited Microsoft and indeed, they had a new release up for downloading. Of course, after a hard hit and the lesson I had received some time ago, I never delete old distributions unless the new ones are downloaded, installed and found perfect under normal working environment.

The transformation from Evaluation license to Standard license involves the well known dism command:

>   dism /online /set-edition:ServerStandardCor /productkey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX /accepteula

For a reason that I do not know, this command has generated errors in both 3 PCs while the older standard version downloaded a month ago had produced zero errors!

Just FYI!

Design & Manufacture of High Fidelity Audio Equipment
1 hour ago, Peter Avgeris said:

Someone here reported to use the latest WS2019 distribution from Microsoft. I visited Microsoft and indeed, they had a new release up for downloading. Of course, after a hard hit and the lesson I had received some time ago, I never delete old distributions unless the new ones are downloaded, installed and found perfect under normal working environment.

The transformation from Evaluation license to Standard license involves the well known dism command:

>   dism /online /set-edition:ServerStandardCor /productkey:XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX /accepteula

For a reason that I do not know, this command has generated errors in both 3 PCs while the older standard version downloaded a month ago had produced zero errors!

Just FYI!

and please delete the key !!!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, TubeMan said:

and please delete the key !!!!!!!!

Ask your comments do not relate to my problem. The key is public. Server core is the version. I am doing everything as it should be. Problem is not caused on my side. There is an error. Older version is fully functional. Bye bye the newer one! 

Design & Manufacture of High Fidelity Audio Equipment