IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hi

Well upplay is not in ServiceTool, thats why you can't it there yet :-)

but you can confirm it does work/start in Core Mode?

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hi

Well upplay is not in ServiceTool, thats why you can't it there yet :-)

but you can confirm it does work/start in Core Mode?

Hi Phil,

Best,

Phil

Bingo!! At last I have been able to start Upplay from GUI, Minimal and Core modes and in each case I can link to Minimserver and Jplay. I did this by successively using Service Tool to switch between modes (after optimising with AO) and using a .bat command that I put together to run Upplay. Perfect result and a very happy early learner dos command writer here. It is now late in evening and so I have not actually played anything, but that should not be an issue. All is as I think it ought to be. Many thanks again for your patient support.

Best,

Ron

Hi Ron

good news so far! :-) did you meanhwile have some time to actually also play something? Did it work as expected?

best,

Phil

____________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Ron

good news so far! :-) did you meanhwile have some time to actually also play something? Did it work as expected?

best,

Phil

Hi Phil,

Yes, all playing sweetly. I have AO set either minimal or core mode; Jplay set to 'kernel streaming'; and Upplay links to Jplay so afaik all is is desired. I find Upplay does not play some files from Minimserver library and so I have also tried Jriver set as shell (minimal mode) and that runs perfectly in kernel streaming accessing music files directly from my second ssd and it seems to me, matches Upplay in SQ. Nice to have really good options. I have put BH/IB aside until I upgrade to Win Server 2016 and (I presume) will be able to run BH/IB in Windows 10 compatible mode.

Regards,

Ron

Hi Ron

thanks for the feedback, very good news indeed! :-)

best,

Phil

Hi Phil,

I cannot get past a fatal error launching Roon, "OpenGL 3.0 or higher is required". I have Nvidia GTX 1080 card, with the latest driver. All other Windows 10 drivers up to date. Could AO be causing this somehow?

Thanks

Chris

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

I didn't think so Phil, Thanks for the verification. I'll deal with NVidia.

Ryzen 7 2700 PC Server, NUC7CJYH w. 4G Apacer RAM as Renderer/LPS 1.2 - IsoRegen/LPS-1/.2 - Singxer SU-1/LPS1.2 - Holo Spring Level 3 DAC - LTA MicroZOTL MZ2 - Modwright KWA 150 Signature Amp - Tidal Audio Piano's.  

• 2 weeks later...

AO 2.10 Beta 4 already does :-)

With Beta 5 the Technical Preview 5 support will be exchanged for Evaluation support.

Hi Folks

A few days ago Windows Server 2016 was finally released. AO Beta 4 already had support for the RTM included since 6 weeks, and with the official release of Server 2016 Microsoft now also offers an Evaluation version of it -> https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/eval...ws-server-2016 Beta 5 now supports all Evaluation versions of Windows Server 2016. (TP5 is no longer supported.)

Windows 10 also got a big update, the so called Anniversary Update (Build 1067). As often a few things needed to be adjusted, so Beta 5 now also offers support for Windows 10 Anniversary Update. Please see Change log here:

Version 2.10 Beta 5

================================================== ==============

AudiophileOptimizer 2.10

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- Support for Windows Server 2016 Evaluation (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- Removed Support for Windows Server 2016 TP5 (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)

- Update for Windows 10 Build 1067 (Anniversary Update)

- Dedicated update notification feature for beta versions

- Several bugfixes for Chinese Windows 10

- Disable OneDrive/Defender also available in advanced mode (Win10)

- WASAPI/MMCSS optimization for Windows Server 2016

- LockScreen disabled for Windows Server 2016

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows Server 2016

- Update of MediaPlayer support for Windows Server 2016

- Kernel-Streaming for Windows Server 2016 in Core Mode

(without the need to press F8 during boot)

- Roon support question no longer asked if already installed

- Several cosmetics

- Minor Bugfixes

ServiceTool 2.10

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation

- Update of Windows Server 2016 WLAN support

- Update of DriverHelper

- "Prepare Essentials Edition" feature visible in ServiceTool again

- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016

(since Microsoft removed ability to do so)

- Shell Replacement feature now offers two pages of shell replacements

- Added MediaMonkey shell replacement

- Added RoonBridge shell replacement

- Several bugfixes for Chinese Windows 10

- Several cosmetics

Setup 2.10

- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation

- Update of the PDF Guide

- Several cosmetics

All current AO 2.00 customers can download Beta 5 via our download portal found here: https://www.highend-audiopc.com/download

Enjoy it,

Phil

Hi

this is mostly because Microsoft made Core Mode much smaller than it already was in Server 2012 R2. There is still a lot of work...

regarding your DAC driver, please uninstall and reinstall it, then kS should work fine.

Indeed. There is some good and bad about it. Further reducing the footprint (by removing functionalities) is a good thing for audio quality. But certain basic things still need to work for our purpuse.

I think we'll be greatly rewarded. But its important that people ubderstand that many things have changed drastically in windows Server 2016. it will take some time to find out solutions.

Hi

this is mostly because Microsoft made Core Mode much smaller than it already was in Server 2012 R2. There is still a lot of work...

regarding your DAC driver, please uninstall and reinstall it, then kS should work fine.

Yes I deleted driver and installed again. It said ready to use. I can list it with pnputil command. I even left pnp and device management on during AO installation process. Still Jplay and Hqplayer see only asio driver and it's not working.

t+a.jpg

Hi

what exatcly means "deleted"? Did you remove the driver via pnputil, or did you properly uninstall and reinstall it via the drivers setup.exe?

Hi.

no uninstall option? What happens if you launch their setup again? I don't

think deleting via pnputil will do the trick.

unfortunately direct core mode installations often requires to:

- install DAC driver

- uninstall DAC driver

- install DAC diver

there's nothing wrong with AO, its just the nature of direct core mode installation. Thats also the case with windows Server 2012 R2, if one choses to install core directly.

Installing the driver in GUI and then switch to core nicely resolved that issue, and thats also why this got the "official" method shown in our guide.

But since Server 2016 does no longer offer switching between modes, the install/uninstall/install trick must be used in most cases.

once more... THANK YOU MICROSOFT, THANK YOU!