Jump to content
IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)


Recommended Posts

Hi JazzDoc

 

I see no issues by having Fidelizer installed during the update of AO. Sorry, no guide yet available for Server 2016 Core.

 

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Soon to be new user here.  I run Windows 10 pro on a dedicated Audio PC.  I currently have installed on this PC Fidelizer pro 8 and Process lasso.  What is the recommended process to install AO over these two programs?  Reduce Fidelizer filtering to consumer level, leave PL as is and run AO and it's optimizations then go back and change Fidelizer filter to Purist after AO is installed and optimized?  or some other method?

 

I also run Roon and HQP on this machine is it best to use both as shell replacements (I think it's an option now) and then have fidelizer start automatically as it does with no AO?

 

Thank you for any insights?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I run AO, Fidelizer 8.0 and Process Lasso and I also use jRiver which I run in shell mode as I find that running Fidelizer running in shell mode always cause a few startup glitches. 

 

So with yours, I suggest using one of other the option for shell mode so long as it is listed. 

 

As for the setting, mines maxed out on all the settings, I also have Process Lasso running the programs I want I to use running in real time. 

 

I think some some of the setting with Fidelizer and Process Lasso as starting to cross over if you have the one core option selected for music, but for me, music just sounds great with these programs installed

 

what you could do is get Fidelizer to start one program and get AO to start the other in shell mode. 

 

hope that helps

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another question with the new Fall Creators update (1709).  Is it okay to still use the windows stripping feature?  I thought I read somewhere where Phil told someone not to use the stripping feature on a windows release that was above his posted support level of windows builds?

 

Whoops disregard, I just saw in beta 6 he supports Fall creators update 16299, I was looking at version, not build #.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Quadman said:

Another question with the new Fall Creators update (1709).  Is it okay to still use the windows stripping feature?  I thought I read somewhere where Phil told someone not to use the stripping feature on a windows release that was above his posted support level of windows builds?

 

Whoops disregard, I just saw in beta 6 he supports Fall creators update 16299, I was looking at version, not build #.

 

Version 2.20 Beta 6
===========================================================================================
AudiophileOptimizer 2.20
- Enables WASAPI in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (experimental)
- Enables Sound Control Panel in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (experimental, en-US only!)
- Enables RoonServer in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Enables TIDAL in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Enables MMCSS in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Support for Windows 10 Build 16299 (Fall Creators Update)
- Support for Windows 10 Build 15063 (Creators Update)
- AO disables automatic maintenance (Win10/Server 2016)
- Roon Support for Windows Server 2016 (Core/GUI)
- Up to 14 more disabled services (All OS'es)
- Enables WDM Drivers in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Update of "Prepare Essentials Edition" feature for Windows Server 2016
- Minor changes and updates
- Ability to disable Cortana (Windows 10)
- Ability to remove Windows Defender (Windows Server 2016)
- Updated MediaPlayer support for Windows Server 2016 Core Mode
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Support for Windows Server 2016 Evaluation (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Removed Support for Windows Server 2016 TP5 (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- LockScreen disabled for Windows Server 2016
- ActionCenter disabled for Windows Server 2016
- Enables Kernel-Streaming in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode

 

ServiceTool 2.20
- Support for Windows 10 Build 16299 (Fall Creators Update)
- Support for Windows 10 Build 15063 (Creators Update)
- Important update of the reset feature
- Update of js.cmd and jm.cmd (now exits back into command prompt)
- Reset does no longer disable network bridges
- Minor changes and updates
- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 23 (x86 & x64)
- Kodi Shell Replacement
- Alchemy Shell Replacement
- HQPlayer NAA Shell Replacement
- Roon and HQPlayer Shell Replacement
  (starts Roon and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)
- RoonServer and HQPlayer Shell Replacement
  (starts RoonServer and HQPlayer together, detects x86/x64 HQP)
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation
- Update of Windows Server 2016 WLAN support
- ST does not longer show option to switch modes in Windows Server 2016
  (since Microsoft removed ability to do so)

 

Setup 2.20
- Enables Device Manager in Windows Server 2016 Core Mode (experimental, en-US only!)
- Minor changes and updates
- Support for Windows Server 2016 RTM & Evaluation
- Update of the PDF Guide

 

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So I got 2.20b6 up and running last night, on my win 10 pro single PC with Roon, HQP, Fidelizer pro 8 and Process lasso, I also have get blackbird on there, which I had actually forgot about.  I suspect its features and AO's antispyware feature are duplicate tasks.  Install went perfectly (reading manual and some forum sure helps).  Pc worked fine after install, I used Roon and HQP as shell replacement and Fidelizer starts on reboot (set to purist), So I fired roon up and let my system warm up for about 1 hour before I came down to listen.  First impression was not good at all 4D signature and filter was loose as a goose, floppy rounded leading edges, soft warm and syrupy sound, space between musicians was smaller less defined, or maybe the images were bigger, either way yuk.  This was a huge step back from what I had before AO install.  So I fired up AO -u and tried quite a few combinations of filters it took probably 45 minutes and I seemed to like 3B and 4B the best, I did a quick comparo and settled on 4B for the remainder of the evening.  This was much better than 4D.  I spent the next 5 hours running thru a lot of my most played Roon library, no question the sound now was better than pre-AO.  On the best recordings the stage was the widest and deepest it has ever been, bass and its leading edges was very good, but maybe still not quite, by a whisker, as good as pre-AO.  The central image (I love the human voice, especially when they sing with their soul, not just words) was simply incredible, inner detail was outstanding, presence off the charts.  This is what I was hoping for.  Bottom line after first attempt I got really good sound from AO and I am sure there is more to come.

 

A couple of questions tho, I did not turn off windows defender as I have no other antivirus or 3rd party firewall programs on this PC.  What generally do others use for antivirus or firewall with win 10 or do you just ignore any antivirus and firewall program.  How much of a sonic impact will I gain by turning it off (I know try it and see).

 

I upsample all music to DSD512 and send to my T+A dac, when I went from a 16/44 source to a 24/96 source music started fine but when the song ended and the next song was a 16/44 there would be a 15-20 second delay before music started.  This was new and did not happen pre-AO (processor is Ryzen 1800x).  Last night I used the Poly-sinc-shrt-mp filter in HQP when I first hit play it took almost 50 seconds for music to play, this was about 20 seconds longer that pre-AO, is this normal?

 

Another strange occurrence was my remote control a iPad air 2 was lagging which it did not do pre-AO.  If I added a song to the que for the next 10-15 seconds my screen was unresponsive, if I had touched say the back arrow (during this time) then after the 10-15 second non-response, it would go back.  Do others experience this?  this behavior was new to me.

 

I was kind of surprised on the number of processes and threads  running,  I guess I was expecting more of a reduction.   went from apprx 77 processes and around 900 threads to 65 processes and high 600-low 700 threads, handles went down quit a bit 28000 to 20,xxx.  I realize Phil has stated there is much more to SQ than reducing processes and playing with signatures and filters sure seemed to support this.

 

Looking forward to even better sound.  Thanks Phil for such a product. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26-1-2018 at 10:34 AM, AudioPhil said:

AO 2.20 Beta 6 is ready for download. Please have a quick look at the change log:

Version 2.20 Beta 6
===========================================================================================

 

Thanks. Although I really enjoyed W2012 Core / KS I must say that WASAPI is again a major step forward, especially the details and pureness of mid ranges are awsome.

I did not yet read a lot about experiences of folks moving from KS to WASAPI.. Anyone?

A BIG thank you Phil!

Link to post
Share on other sites

After reading johsgjerde's comments on the JPlay forum, I tried WASAPI in 2016 core.

 

The results are stunning. 

Although you can only use "Classic" mode in the JPlay settings, I think the results are superior to anything else that I have tried.

 

I use Hysolid as the player.

 

As you say Phil is owed a very bug thakyou.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As one of your 8, a big thank you for all your hard work.

 

C'mon people, you can do better than that........hard to believe the lack of appreciation here :(

2 modified PCs in a streamer with WS2012/ AO 2.20/ Jplay 7/ Fidelizer Pro 8.2/ Process Lasso/

Pachanko lan cables & PPA ethernet switch between pcs > Audio PC JCat Femto usb audio card > iFi Gemini 3.0 dual headed usb cable > iFi iGalvanic > iFi iUsb power 3.0   > iFi iPurifier 3 > Singxer SU-1 (i2s out) > Wyred 4 Sound DAC2V2 DSDse >

1) maxed out Woo WA2 > Beyerdynamic T1 w/ Forza Noir hybrid cable mod

2) Woo WA2 pre amp > Exposure 2010S2 Int Amp + Exposure 2010S2 Power Amp > Von Gaylord Legend Speakers + REL T-5 Sub-Bass System

***Audio system powered by two Equi=Core 300 balanced power sources                                                       

Link to post
Share on other sites

@audiophil -- i'm really confused and surprised by your comment.  definitely not what i expect from you.

 

a few thoughts:

* your licensing terms are not clear, if you want to be paid for upgrades, then you should charge for upgrades.  don't be wishy, washy and make it optional.

* there is no place on your web site to make a donation that i could find -- if you want a donation, then ask for it -- put it on your web site in a clear, obvious place.

 

your product is very good and highly respected.  clear communication and clear expectation setting is part of have a great brand.

sources:  intel nuc8i7 (audiolinux, roon core) (server) | simaudio moon mind 2 (renderer)
headphone rig:  chord qutest > bryston bha-1 > audeze lcd-3
main rig:  chord dave > parasound jc5 > kef reference 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are the benefits of WASAPI only applicable when running in Core Mode?

 

I am still running GUI mode in WS2016. I will try setting up in Core when install instructions are included in an update AO Manual. Any idea when this revised manual might be available please Phil?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9.2.2018 at 2:50 PM, jcn3 said:

@audiophil -- i'm really confused and surprised by your comment.  definitely not what i expect from you.

 

a few thoughts:

* your licensing terms are not clear, if you want to be paid for upgrades, then you should charge for upgrades.  don't be wishy, washy and make it optional.

* there is no place on your web site to make a donation that i could find -- if you want a donation, then ask for it -- put it on your web site in a clear, obvious place.

 

your product is very good and highly respected.  clear communication and clear expectation setting is part of have a great brand.

 

Hello jcn3

 

Thanks for your input, it helps me to better understand others possible point of view. I'll try to explain a few things:

 

Due to the last 5 years this was always handled the same way. There is at maximum one paid upgrade per year, it might also take 1.5 years untill that paid upgrade is released. Between paid upgrades there where always free updates, sometimes more, sometimes less, but always free.

 

In 2017 AO 2.20 should have been released, but due to personal reasons it was not possible to release a major upgrade so i promissed the community that AO 2.20 will be a free upgrade (what never happened so far). Since i promised that AO 2.20 will be a free upgrade, it will be handled exactly as promised. But for thos who want and like i made it possible to give a donation. In fact AO 2.20 is the most complex upgrade ever, and no update in the history of AO generated so much work. That's why i feel it is absolutely OK to accept donations.


If one clicks on "Download" on our homepage, logs in, and then clicks on the AO 2.20 Beta 6 Mirror links, they will automatically presented the donations page. From there one can donate if he likes and then download AO 2.20 Beta 6. For those willing to donate for other reasons, one can use this link here instead: https://www.highend-audiopc.com/AO/donations

 

Hope this helps a bit to clarify.

 

Best,

AudioPhil

 

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JazzDoc said:

Are the benefits of WASAPI only applicable when running in Core Mode?

 

I am still running GUI mode in WS2016. I will try setting up in Core when install instructions are included in an update AO Manual. Any idea when this revised manual might be available please Phil?

 

Hi JazzDoc

 

In GUI mode you get all WASAPI, KS and ASOI "out of the box". Considering 2016 GUI sounds even better than 2012 R2 but is totally hassle-free i think 2016 GUI is the route to go for you :) The 2016-updated manual will be inlcuded with the next AO release (not 2.20).

 

Best,

AudioPhil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

 

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AudioPhil said:

 

In 2017 AO 2.20 should have been released, but due to personal reasons it was not possible to release a major upgrade so i promissed the community that AO 2.20 will be a free upgrade (what never happened so far). Since i promised that AO 2.20 will be a free upgrade, it will be handled exactly as promised. But for thos who want and like i made it possible to give a donation. In fact AO 2.20 is the most complex upgrade ever, and no update in the history of AO generated so much work. That's why i feel it is absolutely OK to accept donations.

Best,

AudioPhil

 

 

Phil, I would say donations are more appropriate for showing appreciation for free software. Probably that’s why they don’t come spontaneously to you, also because you used “free upgrade” as a selling point. It would have been better to offer the W2016 / WASAPI functionality as an upgrade, great value for the money and many people would go for it.

Anyway I really do appreciate what you are doing for this community. So instead of charity I’ll transfer the amount of a product upgrade to you because it really is a major upgrade. Thanks!
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

 

Hi JazzDoc

 

In GUI mode you get all WASAPI, KS and ASOI "out of the box". Considering 2016 GUI sounds even better than 2012 R2 but is totally hassle-free i think 2016 GUI is the route to go for you :) The 2016-updated manual will be inlcuded with the next AO release (not 2.20).

 

Best,

AudioPhil

Thanks for the reply Phil. I tried selecting WASAPI in JPLAY but ti didn't work. My usual settings are KS with dACLink set to 1, Buffer set to 10 and Xtream size at 1000. I use Classic engine and disabled Hibernate as I read somewhere that Hibernate did not work with WASAPI. I use M2Tech HiFace Evo and when I tried WASAPI, the green light indicated that the HiFace Evo is receiving a digital signal failed to illuminate. Have I done something wrong here?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/6/2018 at 3:39 AM, Blawre said:

After reading johsgjerde's comments on the JPlay forum, I tried WASAPI in 2016 core.

 

The results are stunning. 

Although you can only use "Classic" mode in the JPlay settings, I think the results are superior to anything else that I have tried.

 

I use Hysolid as the player.

 

As you say Phil is owed a very bug thakyou.

 

 

Hi,

 

As a HySolid user I am disappointed not able to run WASAPI.  Could you please share your settings required to do so?  Right now I'm on KS, UltraStream, 1Hz, 10s.  Only Jplay driver appears on my iPad HySolid.

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, thuandb said:

Hi,

 

As a HySolid user I am disappointed not able to run WASAPI.  Could you please share your settings required to do so?  Right now I'm on KS, UltraStream, 1Hz, 10s.  Only Jplay driver appears on my iPad HySolid.

 

 

Hi, 

 

Pleased to let you have my stable settings.

I, too had JPlay KS and setting 1Hz 10s.

However I found that Nontallion 8.88 would not run with these settings so I had former for Hysolid and 20 Hz 1s for  Nontallion.

 

When I injected WASAPI I found that 1Hz 10sec did not run and after experimentation I have settled on 20Hz 2s, which, incidentally is OK with Nontallion too.

 

I feel that the JPlay settings are probably determined by the DAC and computer HW so its a case of experimenting.

 

I run WS2016 in core mode on single INTEL i5 computer with 8Gb RAM.

My DAC is an M1 Mus Fid preceded with a MS 192 VLink.

 

Usually when I run Hysolid I run from the lock screen (i.e. before sign in.) Control is from an Android tablet or phone.

 

Regards

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Blawre said:

 

 

Hi, 

 

Pleased to let you have my stable settings.

I, too had JPlay KS and setting 1Hz 10s.

However I found that Nontallion 8.88 would not run with these settings so I had former for Hysolid and 20 Hz 1s for  Nontallion.

 

When I injected WASAPI I found that 1Hz 10sec did not run and after experimentation I have settled on 20Hz 2s, which, incidentally is OK with Nontallion too.

 

I feel that the JPlay settings are probably determined by the DAC and computer HW so its a case of experimenting.

 

I run WS2016 in core mode on single INTEL i5 computer with 8Gb RAM.

My DAC is an M1 Mus Fid preceded with a MS 192 VLink.

 

Usually when I run Hysolid I run from the lock screen (i.e. before sign in.) Control is from an Android tablet or phone.

 

Regards

Hi,

 

I need to experiment more.  Mine is a dualPC setup, with B.M.C DAC.  Does your 20Hz 2s setting work with DSD too?

 

Many thanks for your kind response.  For a long time I haven't had Bug Head on my PC, just using HySolid exclusively.  JplayMini gets use sometimes for testing mainly.  Foorbar2k will be next on my list.

 

Beside using optimization software, how do you tweak your PC hardware?

 

Happy listening!

 

WS2019 Core Datacenter, dualPC, JPLAY Femto, AO3, Fidelizer Pro 8.8, MC2XY, IOS app.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, thuandb said:

Hi,

 

I need to experiment more.  Mine is a dualPC setup, with B.M.C DAC.  Does your 20Hz 2s setting work with DSD too?

 

Many thanks for your kind response.  For a long time I haven't had Bug Head on my PC, just using HySolid exclusively.  JplayMini gets use sometimes for testing mainly.  Foorbar2k will be next on my list.

 

Beside using optimization software, how do you tweak your PC hardware?

 

Happy listening!

 

 

Hi,

 

My DAC doesn't support DSD.

 

BTW having a low time on JPlay Buffers has the added benefits that Hysolid is virtually gapless.

 

The only HW tweaks I have is a dedicated USB card which is battery powered.

My OS SSD drive is also battery powered. I have tried dedicated linear power but much prefer LI batteries.

Foobar doesn't seem too picky at all.

 

Cheers

Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier today, Marcin posted the following on the JPLAY Forum:

 

"From a technical point of view, it's impossible for WASAPI to sound better than KS. At least not via JPLAY."

 

I wonder if he is implying that it is theoretically not possible for WASAPI to sound better than KS or whether he is stating that WASAPI will not sound better than KS via JPLAY

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...