IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

5 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

If you run Server 2019 in Core, you can now set explorer as shell replacement. This gives you somehwat of a GUI environment in Core, but start menu etc will all not work. 

So any of the sleek looking ''tile'' windows wont work, does that include the old simple control panel and other tools you find in the System32 folder in the GUI version?

17 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Same as AO would give you in core without FoD.

sorry, Im not sure what you mean. I havent used core before, only considering it now that it might be more user friendly.

The search results for ''FoD'' suggest that Server 2019 itself has added support for FoD in core, are you saying this will be added but stripped down to explorer by AO for optimal SQ?

I wasnt able to get KS or WASAPI to work, I repeated the steps a few times exactly. the DAC drivers had been already installed before installing AO, if that could be an issue, but they were reinstalled multiple times in driver helper.

Also FoD was downloaded via network rather than taken from an ISO.

Im using a DIYinHK XMOS interface, In device manager there are 2 devices for the USB interface with the same name  ''DIYINHK USB Audio''

One looks normal, like how it looks after installing drivers in GUI, the other has the yellow triangle symbol and is at the top of the list under the category ''@%SystemRoot%\System32\mmci.dll, -3000''

I tried uninstalling them after installing the drivers a few times, in different orders or one or the other.

No KS or WASAPI devices show up in foobar or XXHE

Possibly the reason it ddnt work is that I used a different ISO (the latest version) when installing AO, as the one I had installed was not getting detected... unfortuntaly the LAN port died on my MoBo, completely undetectable in software and no lights on the port which usually work even without drivers. Must have gotten fried by static discharge when it was being handled. waiting on replacement to try again.

Getting used to core (or really pseudo-core with FoD) is surprisingly fun.

Most stuff that could be done with clicking now needs a command, but once you learn the commands you can just make a bat file to do it all in a single click, even more efficient than before.

Here is bat to stop/start WASAPI services that might be useful if you want the function but usually use ASIO/KS and want that slight extra bit of optimisation.

WASAPI Off.bat WASAPI On.bat