IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

• 3 months later...
15 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Community

For all those using Server 2016 and AO 2.2.0 Beta 5, do NOT install the August updates of Windows Server 2016 or things will go very bad! Wait untill AO 2.20 Beta 6 will be released, do NOT install any Windows Updates anymore until then!

Best,

AudioPhil

Noted with thanks!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, tboooe said:

You need to enable turbo in BIOS. I disabled it because it caused my cpu to run higher using HQP.

Hi tboooe, thank you for your advice. But, in fact, even though I had enabled turbo in BIOS, it still didn't work in WS 2016 Core with AO. Instead, it works in normal Windows 10 Pro without AO, after enabling in BIOS.

Because of this, I had searched on the web, and found the Powercfg command to enable the turbo setting in WS 2016. After I had enabled the turbo by both in BIOS and then applying the correct Powercfg command setting, it then works in WS 2016 Core. I just wonder if this turbo setting was disabled by AO or actually a default setting in WS 2016.

By the way, do you think that enabling the turbo helps to improve the SQ?

Thank you for your kind attention. Cheers.

12 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

HI

Yes i deed AO does this. It‘s a bad thing for SQ IMHO.

best,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil, do you think the following kind of settings to achieve ultra-low latency while still benefit from low power during idle periods help to improve SQ? Kindly please advise. Thanks!

1) Powercfg.exe -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor PERFINCPOL 2

2) Powercfg.exe -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor PERFDECPOL 1

3) Powercfg.exe -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor

4) PERFINCTHRESHOLD 10 Powercfg.exe -setacvalueindex scheme_current sub_processor

5) PERFDECTHRESHOLD 8 Powercfg.exe /setactive scheme_current

On Monday, July 30, 2018 at 4:22 PM, AudioPhil said:

Hi

My advice here cleary is don't temper with all those settings yourself, just let AO do it for you. It is a well figured "recipe" which works very well. Most attempts changing those kind of values lead to worse sound quality and sometimes even other problems.

Best,

AudioPhil

Noted with thanks.

• 4 months later...
2 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

Hello Folks

Thank you very much for all the ideas! :)Sorry for my online absence. I had a minor surgery last week and am now back at home recovering, so far all good.

I take note of every single one. Those which are technically possible and doable within reasonable time will be included in AO 3.00. Please keep the ideas coming!

Very best,

AudioPhil

Hi Phil, wish you a speedy recovery. Take care and have more rest. Best wishes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...