IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

• 2 months later...

can I ask if the TRIM option automatically works or do we have to run AO everything to run it for SSD's?

i know when I try an run it manually, it doesn't allow me

if it doesn't, can an option in the service tools be added as it's a pain having to run AO every month just to keep the SSD healthy

if you are adding it, and you are using a dual boot, can it TRIM the whole drive which has been split into two?

Cheers, Shane

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, 

With B5 I've had one issue from a clean install which wasn't there with Beta 4 (operating system, W10 CU: Clean install)

Running Fiderlizer in shell mode with all services switched off MWI service issue which I didn't see with Beta 4 and causes Fidelizer to complain on start up

Now I'm not placing blame on anyone here as it's could be the clean install of the latest W10. Although I've done it more than once and have the same result

Also the processes have jumped up quite bit. Almost double processes are running as I was  down to 48 with the last build (again could be because Fidelizer was not working correctly). Having said that I'm now up around 90. It seems many are sayings it's because of "Svchost" and them processes beinging assigned them whereas they used to be grouped

There seems to be a few hacks out there, but im going to leave it for a while to see how much of a difference it makes once my system has a few hours under it with a clean install

With the tuning bit, what's the most common combination of setting for audio turning via AO

I currently use 1-A, but I'm curious as to what people use as an output with different settings

DAC, HDMI, USB card + DAC etc etc

Maybe Phil can shed some light with the configuration and whether A is sharper, faster, slower or even softer and the same for 1 to 4?

It might enable use to better tune our systems as our ears are fantastic as lying to us dying the setup of different combinations. 

Cheers, Shane

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, well my pc is bedding in nicely since I switched shell mode from Fidelizer 7.7 to JRIVER instead. 

For some reason if kept asking for a pip.txt file or failing to start correctly. Since switching which program runs in shell mode (windows 10 creative update (clean install)) everything works perfectly

So much extra punch with music. So much better, I'm hearing so much more than before 

not to sure why it won't work correctly with Fidelizer in shell mode. But hey, it's a beta and the workarounds is an easy fix so I'm happy.

It could still be something I've done, so hey-ho

?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Fantastic news about beta 6 :@)

I’m still having an issue with it loading in shell mode, I ran Fidelizer on its own and just let 32 bit JRiver start with shell mode start, but since the 64bit came out well after the launch of beta 5, I’ve started it via Fidelizer where it sometimes glitches when starting. It can either bet the Pid.txt file or licensing issue which I think is because other parts are running. 

If I enter task mode when one of these happened and find the fidelizercore.exe file. It starts without a hiccup. Hence about the delay 

I’m on 7.10.

oddly I’ve just had a tough time with the latest windows 10 update Falls (Fails in my case hahaha) update where I ended up having to format and reinstall, so I may have missed something on the pip.txt side. 

I know before I updated I was still getting the second issue, hence why I tried to update. 

Was as a nightmare to be truthful, ended up deleting the wrong partition, then somehow ended up formatting another partition. Then the horror story carried on with a weird download from Microsoft which somehow installed home. Thought it was odd when my Win10 key didn’t work. Four attempt and two different computers with the download.  

Sounds better now though that’s it’s back up and running, although I don’t want to go though that again. Never had anything like that happen before and I’ve been doing it for almost 20 years. Hey you have to have the bad ones to appreciate the other days. hahaha

I’d forgotten enable the Temp file sharing. Still has the licensing issue though

i have to say the sound is a significant step up compared to the last windows 10 update. Not to sure why, but it’s fantastic considering that’s the only thing that’s changed in reality. 

• 1 month later...

I run AO, Fidelizer 8.0 and Process Lasso and I also use jRiver which I run in shell mode as I find that running Fidelizer running in shell mode always cause a few startup glitches. 

So with yours, I suggest using one of other the option for shell mode so long as it is listed. 

As for the setting, mines maxed out on all the settings, I also have Process Lasso running the programs I want I to use running in real time. 

I think some some of the setting with Fidelizer and Process Lasso as starting to cross over if you have the one core option selected for music, but for me, music just sounds great with these programs installed

what you could do is get Fidelizer to start one program and get AO to start the other in shell mode. 

hope that helps