IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

1 hour ago, austinpop said:

I just updated from 2.20b4 to 2.20b5 on W10 Enterprise.

The process was as painless as could be. After the install, I reran "ao -ut" and went through all the steps exactly as I had with b4. I didn't see any new dialogs or options.

Caveat: I am running AO on my Roon Core machine, so it is technically a "ControlPC" in AudioPhil's parlance.

Result: I could convince myself that b5 sounds a tiny bit better than b4, but honestly, I am not sure I could stand by that. I am more comfortable declaring it a wash.

In terms of processes too - in b4, with Roon and MinimServer running, I had 53 processes. With b5, with the exact same settings, I am at 55 processes.

For some reason, I expected fewer processes with b5. but I can't complain. It certainly sounds just as good as b4.

I just updated from AO 2.2b4 to b5 and no doubt all, b5 sounds much better, it really put a smile on my face and my system never sounded better. I got a bigger sound stage with additional transparency.

Maybe the impact is much more pronounced for us who use direct USB connection from a PC to a DAC

• 5 months later...
10 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

You cannot „uninstall“ it.

What you can do is a reset via ServiceTool. This will re-enable all disabled drivers and services. All other optimizations will stay intact but will not interfere with whatever you like to do with that machine.

Great thanks!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, rickca said:

I updated my system to Fall Creators Update (Version 1709) and AO B6 disables Cortana to the same extent it did before.

I still have a task called Cortana in task manager, but if you right click on it and select 'Go to details' it is really just SearchUI.exe which is that magnifying glass icon at the bottom left of the screen .  It is suspended until you actually type something into the Search Windows box.

Are you saying you are seeing the real Cortana there instead of just the Search Windows box?  If so, that is not my experience.

Thanks for the clarification, yes it is that search windows box, feels good that it is disabled.

• 10 months later...

Hi All,

I have been using Win 10 pro with AO 2.20 and Fidelizer Pro 8.3 and really enjoying the SQ.

I would like to try WS 2019 in core mode. I am a complete novice with WS as I haven't tried it before.

I want to use WS2019 in core mode with AO2.20, Fidelizer Pro 8.3 and Jplayfemto. Can someone kindly share some step by step instructions and which commands to use. Or if there is a link to a guide, that would be great as well.

8 minutes ago, kelvinwsy said:

U may need to install WinServer 2019 on a new SSD ... I did ! Simpler than dual boot!

i can help u with WinServer 2019 iso download and setup and loading of all drivers for your GPU, network card and updates of your PC But cannot with Jplay as i use Hqplayet

Thank you! I will get a new SSD for WS2019 and download the ISO file. Once I get stuck, I will reach out to you via PM.

1 hour ago, TubeMan said:

My suggestion is that you start with server 2019 Desktop Experience, (FormerGui)
Play around with it and learn it,
Its were similar to Win10,
but some small difference,
THEN got to core,

so you will not be dependent on anyone unknown

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-windows-server-2019

It's a good idea, maybe I can create a partition on my laptop's SSD to install WS 2019 GUI and familiarize myself with it before I go to Core.

• 4 weeks later...