IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

...here you go

;)

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

• 1 month later...

Phil,

sounds like the trick worked ;) I told you that you could do it...

Well done my friend!

Thomas

DIY coax tractrix horn system 2 corner subwoofer /// 6 full digital amplifier D802 floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter /// Active crossover @ Acourate Convolver & room correction@MC30 /// General 2 PC setup: floating PSU picoless battery & caps/filter powered Bicker DC160W: PC1(Player) - individual stripped MS RamOS with JPlay /// PC2: Server 2016 RamOS - AO 2.0b5 - Acourate Convolver - online convolving & crossover /// Chain: PC1 - USB - F-1 - SPdif coax - Mutec MC3.1+ USB - SPdif coax - FireFace UCX floating PSU 12V battery & caps/filter - USB - PC2 - FireFace UCX - Adat LWL - Mutec MC-4 - 3 x SPdif coax - D802 Low/ D802 Middle / D802 High - 2 Stereo Lab KWH250 with BMS 4590 plus 2 modified corner subwoofer Abacus ABS210

• 2 months later...

Dear All,

Since some days 2016 Core is working fine up to 192kHz with both, asio or kernel streaming with me.

Let's look into some details:

2016 Gui

All optimizations work fine.

Microsofts improved performance of the audio section and the kernel itself end up in a better sq in my system in comparison to R2.

The whole software package runs even better used as RamOS.

Phil still has to do fine tuning and additional work on closing some security processes etc. of MS.

2016 Core

Kernel streaming works great as well as asio with lowest latency

AO's optimizations working fine.

As the system is even more smoothed and stabilized, the sq of Core is superseding 2016 Gui, something we already know from R2.

Manual processing of driver installation is a challenge and not simple.

I am happy to announce that with Mutec's MC3.1+ USB I have been for the first time able to achieve a perfect running system in 2016 Core mode. My dedicated player PC runs flawless since some days with KS or Asio. I am sure that Mr. Peters, Managing Director of Mutec, will be proud to manufacture one of the first audio devices working fine with 2016 Core Mode! For the first test I used Foobar 1.3.13, Mutec's driver set to lowest latency with 192kHz sample rate. JPlay is next to come.

Allthough I have been successfull to install the firadisk driver, it is unfortunately not running correct. Therefore I can't use Core mode as RamOS at the moment because the booting device is not recognized correctly.

Breakthrough has been the success of Phil and his team, once again making KS available in Core. With the Core mode as a standalone installation, it is much more complicate as with R2 where you could individualize the system in Gui and then switch to Core. Now everything has to be done manually like in a black box. Phil, you are working on some helpfull features, don't you?

Talking about sq after AO optimization, something like this order seems to work out:

W10 < R2 Core < R2 Core RamOS <= 2016 Gui < 2016 Gui RamOS <= 2016 Core

Enjoy the music ;)

Thomas

• 3 months later...
Both the AudioEnd Int Builder and the Audio Service are not working after the command.

Any suggestions?

Hi GreenLeo,

With the description of your Server2016 Core installation I guess you might mix some points. I tend to suggest following a step by step philosophy:

*clear install of 2016 Core

*install AO2.10b5

*install foobar

*add components for KS etc. to foobar and configure foobar to your needs

*restart foobar

*install usb driver for your output device like dac, reclocker etc.

*deinstall that driver again

*install that driver again

The latter points may only work if your driver is an executable .exe and has a deinstallation routine. It is not working with .inf files. Don't ask why, just trust me that installation - deinstallation - installation is the trick ;) Phil did describe that several times as well.

Reboot and check if you can now choose the output in foobar. If not you may not have installed the right components in foobar or the driver is not installed correctly.

I keep my fingers crossed ;)

Thomas

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nouchka said:

Why is there so many services still running after AO on Win2016? Does AO still need to be “optimized” for Win 2016, or is it better regarding the sound to not to disable some services (event if everything works perfectly well with these services disabled?)

Hi Nouchka,

may I remind you that this is a beta version with work in progress ;) 

The answer is that Phil choosed to make a reliable working beta focussed on Server 2016 available for his customers for testing. If you follow the thread you see that additional services have been shut off in newer versions. 

So be patient and enjoy what you can get so far as it is for testing but mainly free of bugs :)

Take care

Thomas

• 1 month later...

Hi Phil,

well done, quality and stability is the better choice.

Folks, the new release will open a lot of new possibilities, check the changelog and think about the new possibilities.

Wasapi in 2016 Core Mode is a major achievement as KS has been in Server Core before!

Enjoy

Thomas

• 4 months later...

Hi Flavio,

Microsoft is with Server 2016 not anymore offering the possibility of a switch from Gui to Core. You need to decide about Gui or Core with the installation.

If you go for a search you will find many more detailed explanation. But indeed Gui mode of Server2016 superseeds Server 2012R2 Core.

Enjoy

Thomas

5 minutes ago, tboooe said:

Do you mean that Server 2016 in GUI mode sounds better than 2012 R2 in Core mode?

Hi tboooe,

yes, my old post might be interesting for you:

Take care

Thomas