IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

13 hours ago, AudioPhil said:

On 2/14/2019 at 7:55 PM, AudioKarl said:

i also don't need IE, but it is not e good feeling to know that something goes wrong with the system.

I don't like those either, so I sat down and took a very close look. It was a very long look as well, i guess more than 6 hours to find out what was happening or better why it was happening. But i found it! :) Sad news, If you want it to be fixed you need to reinstall your OS. But with Beta 33 it won't happen again. So thanks to @AudioKarl & @alicenir for pointing it out!

So let's have a closer look at the Change Log:

AudiophileOptimizer 3.00
===========================================================================================
- Roon Support extended for HQPlayer & Spotify support
- Many drivers will no longer need F8 and disable driver signature enforcement during boot
  (Amanero, Pink Faun, FiraDisk & many others...)

- Parameter "-filter" lets you directly select Sound Signatures/Digital-Filters
- Added support for JPLAY FEMTO
- Now also removes pagefiles other then C:\ drive
- Enables WDM Drivers in Windows Server 2016/2019 Core Mode
- Enables Kernel-Streaming in Windows Server 2016/2019 Core Mode
- Enables WASAPI in Windows Server 2016/2019 Core Mode
- Enables Device Manager in Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019 Core Mode (en-US only)
- Enables RoonServer & RoonBridge in Windows Server 2016/2019 Core Mode
- AO disables automatic maintenance (Win10/Server 2016/Server 2019)
- Update of "Prepare Essentials Edition" feature for Windows Server 2019
- Ability to remove Windows Defender (Windows Server 2016/Windows Server 2019)
- Updated MediaPlayer support for Windows Server 2016/2019 Core Mode
- Support for Windows Server 2019 RTM (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Support for Windows Server 2019 Evaluation (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Removed Support for Windows Server 2012 (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- LockScreen disabled for Windows Server 2016/2019
- ActionCenter disabled for Windows Server 2016/2019
- Enables TIDAL Windows Player in Core Mode
- Minor changes and updates

ServiceTool 3.00
- New module of Driver Helper -> Install HD Audio Drivers
- Focusrite RedNet Control 2 shell replacement
- Custom shell as shell replacement
- Support for Windows Server 2019 RTM & Evaluation (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Shell replacement for coming JRiver Media Center 25 & 26 (x86 & x64)

AudiophileShell 3.00
- Initial version of AudiophileShell
- Now offers exit option
- Added File Explorer (FOD only)
- Added Disk Management (FOD only)
- All components are now launched externally
  (AudiophileShell is no longer locked after launching programms)

AudiophileUninstaller 3.00
- Initial version of AudiophileUninstaller
- Reverse all changes and optimizations
- Remove all files, folders, tools, shortcuts, etc.

Setup 3.00
- Fix for IE issue
- Minor fixes for the device manager
- Bugfix - 2012 R2 start menu unusable after using setup.exe
- Bugfix - All Essentials versions - updated copy of windows source media
- High-DPI Mode for high-resolution displays (4K etc.)
- Enables Device Manager in Windows Server 2012 R2/2016/2019 Core Mode (en-US only)
- Support for Windows Server 2019 RTM & Evaluation (Standard, Datacenter & Essentials)
- Adds link to Control Panel on desktop

There is a nice little improvement in the AudiohpileShell. All components are now launced externally, this means the AudiophileShell is no longer blocked after you started one of the comonents. If one decides to install FOD (for WASAPI) then there will be plenty of nice tools at hand:

image.thumb.png.f7fe193151e5c82bce94d4220fe22d0d.png

image.png.cefe5b5c92917ed23e1f1b5199b3262d.png

Bear in mind that the AudiophileShell can only launch what is there and working. Currently there are no built in checks yet to check availability of the components. This means that "file explorer" and "disk management" will only work if you have installed the FOD ISO and the "sound control panel" will only work if you used the WASAPI Injector of AO. Aside from those all other components (incl. Device Manager) will work either way, also without installing the FOD ISO and/or WASAPI.

image.png.419b36b3efa5bf75d71360be82202ca9.png

The ServiceTool's DriverHelper brings a new sub-module -> Install HD-Audio drivers. If you follow this procedure before you install your DAC driver chances are very high that you will have to install it only once and no longer have to uninstall and reinstall it. Also if you where facing issues with driver signature enforcement, this will probably help your DAC driver to get working at all.

Before you can use this feature you have to press F8 during boot and disable the driver signature enforcement manually. Once bootet you have to launch ServiceTool, then choose the DriverHelper and then select "Install HD-Audio drivers". Once you started the installation you must be prompted 4 red windows warnings about the installation of unsigned drivers. If and only if you see these 4 warnings and accept them, the HD audio drivers will be correctly installed. You do not need to press F8 again on the following boots, it's just for that one boot before you use that feature. If you can‘t get it to work disable the SecureBoot feature in your BIOS/UEFI!

The Roon Support feature of AO has been extended. It will additionally make HQPlayer and Spotifiy work in Core mode, thats pretty nice.

image.png.dc0bd5333143067f122f4c4f54fcf845.png

The best way to approach Beta 33 is a clean installation of Windows, at least for those who where using a GUI installation. The update process works as usual. But if you are in Core and do not format and reinstall Windows, you need to run setup.exe one time with the parameter -source (setup.exe -source) before you actually update AO to Beta 33.

I Am on ws2019 Gui, and have made a new install. 

Whenrunning AO3  it ask for re run of setup exe. I do this, but dont get the -source part of the operation. 

Please explain a bit more, what to do. 

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

3 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

AO tells you to run setup.exe -source, did I understand correctly?

Yes, it does for a short while, and AO closes again 

Asus Prime-P z590 MB. Intel Core  i5 11400 , Jcat usb XE Pci-usb card. Intel Optane m2 with Euphony Stylus software. And running Ramrod.

Jcat Femto Netcard. HDPlex linear w300, HDPlex 400 atx, HDPlex H5 case. MPAudio SLS-hpuln with JCat Optimo Nano Powering the Jcat XE pcie-usb card. Farad 3 lpsu powering the Netcard femto. 2 Buffalo 2008 switch. One stock, and one Buffalo 2008 switch with NewclassD Neutron star Clock powered by MPAudio SLS-hpuln,

Voltcraft fps_1132 lpsu Powering the fibernet box, and first Buffalo 2008 switch. With a Idovr regulator. 

6 minutes ago, AudioPhil said:

Thanks for pointing out. This should only happen in update scenario in Core mode, but in no scenario in GUI mode. Have already fixed the code for Beta 34.

You are welcome 😀

But is beta 34 avalible ?

since I dont know what to do to make 33 run!

Just now, AudioPhil said:

I found another anomaly in setup.exe which will lead me to release Beta 34 in a few minutes! :)

Thank you Phil 😀

Just run Beta34, and happy to report “no more asking for the setup.exe”😀 

• 2 weeks later...

Wanting to up upgrade from 34 to 36. 

I use shell replacement, and need the service tool, to change to the gui.

But when I run “st” task, it only tells, that there is an Update, and service tool screen quickly closes again. 

Im a bit Stuck here it seems. 

19 minutes ago, magicknow said:

You need to go the beta portal and download B36 and the copy the AO files  to a Thumb drive and run setup.exe.  It will update AO to B36 then ST will work as  expected.

Thank You 👍😀

Latest beta 36:

It runs very stable, and sound is the the best I have heard with computer audio👍

I like the new features a lot as well.

How about a direct posibility to change the sound settings without restarting AO?

• 1 month later...

Updated to latest version 38, everything works very well. 

Still impressed with the sound from the set-up. (JPlay, PL, and AO).

AO did forget the privius sound signature  settings, but no big Deal.

happy Easter to all.🐣