IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hi Phil,

I purchased the AO 2.0 upgrade today for my Win 10 PC used to up-sample tracks to DSD512. First I had a listen without AO. Next I ran AO with HQplayer as shell. Wow, the SQ difference is stunning!

Well done!

Tomorrow, my goal is to figure out how best to start Roon server at boot along with HQplayer.

While I know how to manually tune a Windows PC for audio, it takes days. With AO 2.0 the process was done in a few minutes. Windows stripping is yet another great convenience, and the resulting Windows ram footprint is much smaller and sounds better.

The new user guide is great with lots of SQ tweaking nuggets that I would never have known about with this resource.

Anyway thanks again for AO 2.0 and it's official Win 10 support. Anyone using Windows 10 for audio would be crazy not to try it.

Larry

Pareto Audio aka nuckleheadaudio

• 1 month later...
One more thing for new HQPlayer users. Programmer changed installation folder from Program Files(x86) to Program files so You can't anymore replace shell in minimal or core mode. But You can just move files to the old folder location or during installation change location.

Yes, I noticed that as well when HQplayer stopped loading at boot with the AO shell command. Phil, where is the registry string for shell? I can fix it there.

• 5 months later...
Hi

yes sure it is :-) AO 2.20 Beta 4 has the ServiceTool on board which offers a hand full of these new "Combo Shell Replacements", very nice stuff. They launch both Apps with high priority and even have a slight delay implemented to avoid network timing issues (Especially Core Mode with autologon is sometimes FASTER than the network stack, which then resulted in problems..)

Best,

AudioPhil

Gee Phil, on Windows 10 I'm not seeing any combo choices. I just downloaded 2.20 beta 4 and did a reinstall. The version called out on the splash screens is 2.20. should it be 2.20 b4? Perhaps I need to uninstall and reinstall?

Strange,

Larry

Hi Larry

The build numbers are no longer displayed since quite a while, "2.20" is fine.

You must select "Roon" in the shell replacement section of the ServiceTool to see the combo shell replacements for Roon & HQP.

Best,

AudioPhil

Ahhh, got it! I don't feel so dumb now.

Hi Larry

The build numbers are no longer displayed since quite a while, "2.20" is fine.

You must select "Roon" in the shell replacement section of the ServiceTool to see the combo shell replacements for Roon & HQP.

Best,

AudioPhil

Works great, even setting Hqplayer to high priority, well done!

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
19 minutes ago, moriez said:

Many thanks for the tip.

I installed the feature but run into trouble at the guide's Configure Backups step. WS2016 tells me to use wlbadmin.msc which then throws a ''fatal error during the Windows Server Backup snap-in (wbadmin.msc) operation'', hinting at Volume Shadow Copy service. Even when I enable the service other errors follow.

Digging deeper costs time. If you have suggestions feel free.

I came across this Clonezilla page. Is that where you started? 

Here is a better place to start.

https://clonezilla.org/clonezilla-usage/clonezilla-live-usage.php