IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer BETA Thread (AO 3.00 beta is closed)

Hi. I just made a 2016 core machine with AO 2.0b5 and no problems :-)

But when I tried to update to b6 - by copying only setup.exe to the AO directory and then running it.

Setup runs to the point where I accept the Terms and Conditions and when I do it crashes. Should I run ST again? Any advice appreciated.

• 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

There seems to be a problem with the initial audiophile_optimizer setup enabling kernel streaming. 

On a clean core 2019 OS on SSD I installed

-Ps Audio DAC driver (ok, no KS)

-Jplay Fento (audiopc) (ok, no KS)
-Ao 3b34 (no KS available although I selected to enable it, Dac driver now has "!" in devmgmt)

-ao -wasapi

(now the driver has "!" in devmgmt)

-reinstall the PS Audio dac driver (not fixed)

-F8 reboot and service_tool, driver help, HD Audio driver

This worked (yay) giving an installed driver with kernel streaming working. But on the next boot the high definition audio controller and the PS Audio Perfectwave DSD driver have "!" in device manager and kernel streaming doesn't work in Jplay Femto.

If I boot again with f8 the dac driver shows installed without "!" and kernel streaming is available. This means I must use f8. I can't create a working vhd (I cant boot from a vhd using f8) and therefore cant use ramdisk.

!!!SUCCESS!!!
Windows server2019 AO3b35, Femto 2pc (Controlpc gui & Audiopc core), KS and ramdisk.

I went through all the steps suggested in this thread doing several backups of the vhd along the way. Hopefully I can streamline things in future. Do I really need the FOD, wasapi injection, HD audio Controller, all those reboots, etc? Surprisingly, I did not need service tool driver help with the PS Audio DSD dac driver this time.

Thanks to Phil for making KS possible and Peter A for clarifying the process.

Now listening to Coleman Hawkins - Good On Broadway, and having a celebratory beer - Tuatara Kapai Pale Ale (this is in NZ). 

😚

OS: windows server standard 2019 gui (controlpc) and core (audiopc) both ramdisk

DAC/DDC: PS Audio Directstream = USB connected

Driver/Version: USB ver 1.61.0.0

Need to press F8: No, but needs to be reinstalled after running AO

Player: 2PC JPLAYfemto

KS working: YES

WASAPI working: YS

Needed HD Audio Driver: working probably not needed.

I have AOb36 on a new build of my Jplay Femto Audiopc, win 2019 standard core, ramdisk.

I had some problems getting the KS and the driver set up but don't know what caused it. Nothing worked until I started again on a fresh OS install. Not a big deal as I had a backup copy of the clean os on vhd. 

DAC: PS Audio Directstream dac

Driver: PS Audio ASIO

F8: Not needed

Player: Jplay Femto 2PC

KS: Yes

AO -Wasapi: did not try to install

HD Audio Controller: not used

I haven't had time for a proper listen and it was sounding great with b35 anyway.

@Herman17 I have DSD128 playing on my PS Audio Directstream dac with KS and hibernate. I cant find a DSD256 track to test although I have a couple somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Phil,

I wonder whether it would be nice to have a different AO interface, like a traditional GUI application. Maybe add a menu (Setup, Service Tool, Set Filters, Help). We could select all the set up options on one page and walk away while AO installs and reboots. This would be simpler to use with a config file too. Just import the file and it would pre-set the options for review.

This could present your fine work elegantly in the manner it deserves. I realise such an app would entail some work and I have no wish to delay the final release of 3.0. Perhaps 3.1?

Just a thought. The application designer in me couldn't resist 🙂