IGNORED

Best way to generate FLAC copy of medium size AIFF library?

[DELETED] Don't do what I recommended; it moves your original files rather than making a copy! Not cool.

Actually... It does work and do what I think you want but you need to be careful to only to this to the FLAC files not your AIFF originals. Load all the FLAC files into Mp3tag, select them all, and click "Convert" > "Tag - Filename". The string format is:

[destination]\%artist%\%album%\$num(%track%,2) - %title%

Where [destination] is elsewhere on your hard drive. This should move your existing FLAC files into the ARTIST\ALBUM\ hierarchy that you want. Make a backup of a couple dozen of your FLAC files and test it on this before running the entire batch.

^ Ok, did you check your root C:\? Not a great place to write them but I once did this by accident also. Otherwise, search for them using the search term "*.flac" without the quotes. They are there somewhere!

Here's a safe string:

C:\FLAC\%artist%\%album%\$num(%track%,2) - %title%

Moves them all to FLAC folder in your root drive.

Sorry, I just realized I wrote that in "Windows" and you are on Mac; the equivalent (which I'm sorry I don't know) should work. The idea is to designate a known folder (C:\FLAC in my example) where the files will be moved.