IGNORED

Is http://shop.classicsonlinehd.com up converting BIS recordings?

I've been comparison shopping some BIS downloads that are on special offer on qobuz.com and found something confusing (to me).

An example: -

Holmboe: Sinfonias Nos. 1-4 conducted by Owain Arwel Hughes (a BIS recording)

On qobuz.com this is available as 24 bit, 44.1 KHz

On shop.classicsonlinehd.com (which is owned by Naxos) this is available as 24 bit, 96 KHz

On eClassical - Holmboe – Kairos it is also 24 bit, 44.1 KHz. The page also says "Orig. sample rate 44100Hz". This site is owned by BIS so I think they would know this.

So is classicsonlinehd.com trying to sell something that is (to put it charitably ) rather misleading?

I found the same sample rate and bit depth for a number of BIS recordings across the 3 sites.

It could also be simply a non-intentional mislabeling on classicsonlinehd. Happens even on eclassical (I got a free album from eclassical when I pointed one out).

It could a simple mistake, be but it happened with at least 4 different albums.

The only good news is that they charge the same download price for any sample rate of 24 bit album ($18.99). BIS provenance can be a bit confusing, as they recorded 9 albums in DSD, then went to 44k then slowly moved to 88k then 96k. But Bob (BIS) should be able to definitively clear this up about that album.