IGNORED

New Allman Brothers remaster downloads this month.

Ultimateclassicrock.com:

Nine Allman Brothers Band albums will be remastered and released on vinyl in a new set this summer. Best of all, they will be housed in a wooden peach crate.

The 15-LP collection will include an expanded two-record edition of The Allman Brothers Band; Idlewild South; the double At Fillmore East and Eat a Peach; Brothers and Sisters; Win, Lose or Draw; the two-LP Wipe the Windows, Check the Oil, Dollar Gas; Enlightened Rogues; and the three-record Live at Ludlow Garage: 1970, a new concert album.

The set, which includes replications of each album’s original artwork, will be available on July 22. The group’s 1969 debut includes the original 1969 stereo mix and the later stereo mix found on 1973’s Beginnings compilation. Live at Ludlow Garage: 1970 offers the debut of a complete concert from arguably the Allmans’ strongest period. One song from the show, “In Memory of Elizabeth Reed,” showed up on last year’s 45th Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition of Idlewild South.

The records were remastered from the original analog tapes on 180-gram vinyl and will be available separately. The limited-edition set (only 500 were made) also includes an amplifier-shaped USB stick featuring all of the albums as downloadable 44.1kHz/16-bit uncompressed AIFF audio files, four posters, magnets of all the LP covers, guitar picks and buttons featuring art or photos from each album, a custom deck of playing cards, a trucker hat and a turntable mat. The peach crate itself leaves room for other LPs.

On the same day, high definition digital audio (192kHz/24-bit and 96kHz/24-bit) downloads will be available for all of the albums.

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

Thanks for the heads up on the Allmans. I don't know but I'm assuming that the downloads will be available at the usual audiophile sites. My question is, would the buyer have a choice of 24/96 or 24/192? I can't imagine that there would be much audible difference when you're talking about mostly 70's and 80's classic rock so it would be good for the buyer to have a choice.

And will the hi-res download of the Fillmore East live album be significantly different from the hi-res version released a year or two ago?

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

And will the hi-res download of the Fillmore East live album be significantly different from the hi-res version released a year or two ago?

My guess is that they will be from the same round of remastering. It probably took this long to do all of the albums and get them pressed.

The best Fillmore version I have on CD is the Japanese HR Cutting flat transfer from the master they used to make the SACD. Would like to hear the SACD but have doubts it can beat that CD rip upsampled with HQPlayer.

My guess is that they will be from the same round of remastering. It probably took this long to do all of the albums and get them pressed.

The best Fillmore version I have on CD is the Japanese HR Cutting flat transfer from the master they used to make the SACD. Would like to hear the SACD but have doubts it can beat that CD rip upsampled with HQPlayer.

I have the Japanese SHM SACD ripped, if that's what you are referring to. It's very good, but I don't think it is any better than the hi-res version from 2 years ago.

Main setup: Surge protector +>Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Strip/Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three (on their own electric circuit) >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Path: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Cayin iDAC6 MKII (tube mode) (XLR)>Kii Three BXT

Living Room/Kitchen: Ropieee (RPi3b+ with touchscreen) + Schiit Modi3E to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

I have many iterations of Fillmore East and my favorite is still MFSL Gold Disc. Maybe the bass is pushed up a bit but I prefer that for sure. If they could get this to sound like vinyl pumping through my JBL Century L100's powered-Orange grills removed!- by Marantz I'm in(of course this is in my addled aged brain....I'm sure modern equipment would shame that system from my college years!)

Furutech GTX-D, GTX Wall Plate,106-D Cover > NCF Clearline >Custom Computer>J River [Current] > Curious Cable Evolved USB > Chord Hugo MScaler > WAVE Storm Dual BNC> Chord DAVE>DCA Stealth>my ears > audiophile brain

• 2 weeks later...

I see HDTracks will have the Ludlow Garage set tomorrow. I believe this is part of these releases. I'll probably get sucked into buying my whatever numbered release of Live at Fillmore so I will post.

I have many iterations of Fillmore East and my favorite is still MFSL Gold Disc. Maybe the bass is pushed up a bit but I prefer that for sure. If they could get this to sound like vinyl pumping through my JBL Century L100's powered-Orange grills removed!- by Marantz I'm in(of course this is in my addled aged brain....I'm sure modern equipment would shame that system from my college years!)

I believe you may have broken state and federal laws by removing the L100 orange grills. Those are legends from that era. And I always dreamed of owning them when I was in college, but could not come close to affording such a thing. In frustration, I went out and bought a Dynaco integrated amplifier kit and built it in the study hall room of my dorm!

JC

• 2 weeks later...

I worked in a factory every summer from Sophomore year of High School through college. I saved and one day went and bought my first system. My parents about crapped a L100 grill!!

Back in the 70's all of us young audiophiles lusted after those JBL's. I "settled" for small Advents which I think were about 1/3 of the price.

I don't think I'd want either speaker today, especially the JBLs. Speaker technology is so much better now. There are inexpensive speakers that sound much better than either of those, I bet.

Without a doubt. I'm sure the little KEF's would kill them. In my aged audio brain they were beyond incredible. Too bad the time portal doesn't work. It would be entertaining for sure!

Whoa. Acoustic Sounds and HDT are now showing Fillmore in 24/192. Resistance for me is futile.

I bought it and lose! DR of 11. The MFSL SACD disc has DR of 14 for the CD layer.

foobar2000 1.3.9 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1

log date: 2016-08-05 12:29:14

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Analyzed: The Allman Brothers Band / At Fillmore East

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DR Peak RMS Duration Track

DR10 0.00 dB -11.65 dB 4:19 01-Statesboro Blues

DR11 0.00 dB -13.22 dB 4:35 02-Done Somebody Wrong

DR13 0.00 dB -16.40 dB 8:50 03-Stormy Monday

DR12 0.00 dB -14.70 dB 19:20 04-You Don't Love Me

DR11 0.00 dB -13.32 dB 5:22 05-Hot 'Lanta

DR11 0.00 dB -12.54 dB 13:07 06-In Memory Of Elizabeth Reed

DR11 0.00 dB -13.99 dB 23:09 07-Whipping Post

Number of tracks: 7

Official DR value: DR11

Samplerate: 192000 Hz

Channels: 2

Bits per sample: 24

Bitrate: 9220 kbps

Codec: FLAC

================================================================================

Giving this a cursory listen. It is grainy sounding at top end and their seems to be a bit of background hiss but I could be nuts.

I did buy the MoFi SACD of At Fillmore East. Wunderbar! Every bit as good as my MoFi Gold Discs. Probably better.............

About the 24/192: the one that came out a year or two ago is a bit of a rip off: it was transcoded to digital from the master tape at 24/96, and then MASTERED at 24/192. Unfortunately, I bought it before that bit of info came out. IMO, there's no reason to buy it at 24/192. Get it at 24/96.

I'm assuming what's being sold now is the same digital remaster.