IGNORED

Audiophile Optimizer Digital-Filter and Sound Signature

Rafi

Any body knows what's are the definations of Digital-Filter and Sound signature.

There are five Digital Filters and five Sound Signatures. I don't find any further information on these filters and signatures. What each filter/signature is doing or enhancing or suppressing?

Audiophile Optimizer claims pure signal, so these filter/signatures should make no difference, Unless these these filter are some how modifying the sound wave. I will really appriciate some professional input. As I cannot figure out which one to choose and why? I know my equipment and I will know the best option if I have more information on thes filter/signatures.

"X" and "X" will be Windows Default settings for each one.

The other settings will then change these Default Windows settings.

You can do this while music is playing too. After optimization (run AO), run AO again, then change the Sound and Filter settings and see if you like one setting over the other. You can S)tart Over to change settings again or E)xit. Changes are saved right after selecting # or Letter.

Trying starting with 1-A and then change the Sound (#) going 2 to 4 then finally X. See if one sound best. Then try the Digital settings and see.

It does not change/modify any of the music.

Personally i like Sound Signature 4 and Digital-Filter D the most. This gives a lot of body the the sound, a delicate smoothnes like a tube amplifier. Sound Signature 1 and Digital-Filter A gives very exact sound, just like a solid state amplifier.

it is important to understand that AO never is part of the signal-chain, so everything is alwas 100% bit-perfect.

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 3.00 IS HERE... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Basically it's about how the OS handles CPU and Memory. This does not alter the source in any way, but there is still a difference in what you hear in the end.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Core Audio Music Server | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

Hello everyone,

I am new to the board and have recently installed AO with Windows 10 Pro. I am using a fanless audio only build and what I am getting sounds great. My question is can I download the trial of Server 2012 R2 to this PC and try it out to see if it sounds better than Windows 10 Pro with AO. Will my activated AO work on this trial and if it will work, could someone tell me how to do it. My windows 10 pro is on one SSD and my Music is on a separate 500GB SSD. I have 30.7 GB free on drive C: and 405 GB free on the music drive.

Hi

yes this will work. Your free space is enough for server 2012 R2. If you carefully followed the instructions from the activation chapter your Hardware-ID will even be the same on a Dual-Boot System. If not you still have 4 Activations left exactly for such experiments.

The rule of thumb for a Multi-Boot system is to install the older OS first and the newer OS last. But in this case it should also work the other way round.

you can download the 2012 R2 evaluation ISO here: http://care.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/6/2/A/62A76ABB-9990-4EFC-A4FE-C7D698DAEB96/9600.17050.WINBLUE_REFRESH.140317-1640_X64FRE_SERVER_EVAL_EN-US-IR3_SSS_X64FREE_EN-US_DV9.ISO It will work for 180 days.

Best,

Phil

Hi-

Been following the Windows 10 AO development. I'm thinking about doing a trial, but when I downloaded the user manual to see what's involved, it appears that much of the setup instructions are written for WS2012, and not W10. Or am I not understanding?

I'm a little hesitant to do the trial without full instructions, as I don't want to end up with a setup that doesn't work.

Main listening (small home office):

Main setup: Surge protector +_iFi  AC iPurifiers >Isol-8 Mini sub Axis Power Conditioning+Isolation>QuietPC Low Noise Server>Roon (Audiolense DRC)>Stack Audio Link II>Kii Control>Kii Three >GIK Room Treatments.

Secondary Listening: Server with Audiolense RC>RPi4 or analog>Matrix Element i Streamer/DAC (XLR)+Schiit Freya>Kii Three .

Bedroom: SBTouch to Cambridge Soundworks Desktop Setup.
Living Room/Kitchen: RPi 3B+ running RoPieee to a pair of Morel Hogtalare. 

All absolute statements about audio are false :)

Hi firedog

The installation of Windows 10 is not described in detail since everybody is easily able to do it and i did not want to further blow up the guide. It already covers so many aspects aside from AO so i have to be very strict with adding more content. Its yet to big already.

the usage of AO and ServiceTool is identical for both OS's, so theres no need to write the same twice. A few features are only available for one or the other OS, they are marked as such. Should you still struggle you can always ask online or via email and we are always happy to help.

Best,

Phil

Thanks for the fast response. I will do the comparison and post my impressions. I did some critical listening last night with the Windows 10 Pro/AO setup compared to the sound signature from my Lector 7TL tube cd player. I was amazed at how close a PC based system was compared to the high-end expensive cd player. Both have excellent placement of instruments on well recorded material. The Lector was slightly ahead with presence, weight, and extremely deep accurate bass definition. Possible due to it's massive external linear power supply and custom made and extremely well isolated cd mechanism. I will be adding a linear power supply to my HDPLEX S1.SODD system and hope to close the gap.

Again, job well done on the AO product

Sound signature change the characteristic of upper frequencies and micro details on my system. If I choose Sound Signature 1, I can hear the micro details much better much clear but just for short listening periods. If I choose 2, the sound softenes a little but they both hurt my ear for long time listening sessions. Thats because I choose 4 and now I really like this sound for very long listening sessions. Very easy listening system and the micro details are all there, not very crisp and sharp at first but I can hear them more and more in my listening session :)

I using Digital Filter D. I'm happy with this sound and I don't want to listen A to X to decide.

While using filters, it's hard to understand which one is better on short listening sessions. It's better choose one and listen for some time. Choosing 1A gives very sharp sound which I don't like. 2D gives sharp but clear sound. 4D gives soft but detailed sound on my system and it's better for my ears.

Regards

I really like to change them while actually listen to a song. No matter if SS oder DF, it takes about 1 second until you can hear the change. This makes it very easy to find the right settings for the personal preferences.

the video is a bit old, but the process of doing this is still the same:

Using "Start over" one can change both SS & DF as many times as needed to find the perfect settings within short time.

Thanks for the fast response. I will do the comparison and post my impressions. I did some critical listening last night with the Windows 10 Pro/AO setup compared to the sound signature from my Lector 7TL tube cd player. I was amazed at how close a PC based system was compared to the high-end expensive cd player. Both have excellent placement of instruments on well recorded material. The Lector was slightly ahead with presence, weight, and extremely deep accurate bass definition. Possible due to it's massive external linear power supply and custom made and extremely well isolated cd mechanism. I will be adding a linear power supply to my HDPLEX S1.SODD system and hope to close the gap.

Again, job well done on the AO product

Dear hoppy100:

If you decide to add a linear power supply, consider adding better USB card or network adaptor. If you are impressed now you will be stunned to hear the difference.

I use the tv for monitoring mac mini music server. If I want to change the SS or DF, I close the tv, sit on my couch on sweet spot, close all of the lights and take my wireless keyboard and put it on my knees. You have to memorise the comments and the time of the computers responce to the comments. Thats the best way IMHO of changing them and hear the difference at that moment.

In a JPLAY dual-PC setup i really like 1B on the ControlPC and 4D on the AudioPC :-)

Would you recommend the same settings for a HQPlayer/NAA setup?

PS Audio P5 Power Plant>HQ Player Mac Book Pro BootCamp Win10>NAA Mac Mini BootCamp Win 10>REGEN Green>REGEN Amber>IFI iDSD Micro>BHSE>Stax SR-009

In my system I preferred 1B over 4D, and I found a big difference between the two.

With 1B, More PRAT, more "live" sound. But at the end, it's a matter of taste...

- Pc Server: Win 10 Pro 64bit with two NICs (one dedicated to JPLAY/HQPlayer) with Fidelizer Pro/Process Lasso

- NAA Pc: Gygabyte 2807 - Windows Server 2016 Virtual Core Mode with AO v. 2.20b6 and Process Lasso

- Wireworld Starlight usb 3.0 (from NAA) + iGalvanic 3.0 + Furutech GT2 USB cable + iFi iUsb Micro 3.0 + Oyaide Continental 5S Silver (to DAC) 

- dac T+A DAC 8 DSD  - preamplifier Audio Research LS22r - amplifier Mark Levinson 27.5 - loudspeakers Dynaudio Confidence C1

- Interconnets: Kimber Kable Select - Loudspeaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC

- Headphones: Focal Utopia   - Headphone Amplifier: Bryston BHA-1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 7/3/2016 at 5:06 PM, AudioPhil said:

Personally i like Sound Signature 4 and Digital-Filter D the most. This gives a lot of body the the sound, a delicate smoothnes like a tube amplifier. Sound Signature 1 and Digital-Filter A gives very exact sound, just like a solid state amplifier.

it is important to understand that AO never is part of the signal-chain, so everything is alwas 100% bit-perfect.

Best,

Phil

In my macbook when i use sudo renice command and adjust coreaudiod priority to -20 then the sound change to  tube like sound.

Is it possible to use roon server in single PC setup in kernel streaming mode?

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, westside said:

Hi guys,

Im under Windows 10.

Do you advice to me to keep the system up to date ( Windows uptade )  ?

Thank you by advance.

definitely -- 2.2 is a more mature, more capable product.  no reason not to update.

sources:  intel nuc8i7 (audiolinux, roon core) (server) | simaudio moon mind 2 (renderer)
headphone rig:  chord qutest > bryston bha-1 > audeze lcd-3
main rig:  chord dave > parasound jc5 > kef reference 1