IGNORED

Digital only 2ch 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O

Can anyone suggest a state of the art, low jitter, digital only, 2ch 192 kHz AES/EBU I/O? I would get the Lynx AES16e but i dont need the mulitchannel facility. The L22, on the otherhand, is 2ch only but it has DACs onboard, which I don't need.

Custom built silent Media PC, Synology DS415+ NAS -> SoTM sms200Ultra/sps500  -> TAD DA1000 DAC/preamp and Bryston 4BSST2 power amp -> Harbeth SHL5 speakers and Velodyne DD10+ subwoofers. PowerQuest Carbon USB cable, Chord Company Chorus interconnects, Chord Company Signature speaker leads, Clearer Audio Silver-Line power leads

the other channels in many cases actually come in handy. You can feed one channel back into the card and monitor the units actual output and it allows you to use dacs with dual AES inputs. Finally, the unused inputs and outputs are just software muted and do no harm.

Hope this helps.

Jesus R

www.sonore.us

And you might find that the interfaces with the best quality just happen to be multi-channel interface cards. So what if you have extra ins/outs you don't use? At least to my knowledge, you won't find cards to be less expensive just because they have fewer AES/EBU ins/outs ...

If you hate the idea of a fan breakout cable, you can always have one made to your liking. Hope that helps!

Sanjay Patel | Ciamara Corporation | New York, NY | www.ciamara.com

DavidR, I'll be using it for 2 ch lossless music playback. I'd like to connect it to my Bryston BDA-1 DAC.

Custom built silent Media PC, Synology DS415+ NAS -> SoTM sms200Ultra/sps500  -> TAD DA1000 DAC/preamp and Bryston 4BSST2 power amp -> Harbeth SHL5 speakers and Velodyne DD10+ subwoofers. PowerQuest Carbon USB cable, Chord Company Chorus interconnects, Chord Company Signature speaker leads, Clearer Audio Silver-Line power leads