IGNORED

Will the BP devaluation due to brexit....

Well it depends on a number of factors.

First ... will the value of the pound stay depressed for long ... I doubt many companies will rush to alter prices as the price lists tend to have a margin for change in value of currencies built in.

Second ... a lot of products will have a large percentage of components built outside the UK in them; these will of course cost Chord / Naim / Meridian etc. more due to the value of the pound, so the net result may be close to parity.

Third ... if the cost of living in the UK rises, then companies will be under pressure to raise wages. This may affect the price too.

The likelihood over all is that the UK price of something may go up, but that would be balanced out by the depressed pound. In the short term though you might be able to get a bargain if you can persuade a UK dealer to send you something to USA. Longer term if manufacturers see the US as a market which isn't contracting when other markets are contracting, then yes official prices may be lowered.

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.