IGNORED

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00 Available - For Windows 10 and Windows Server 2012 R2

clipper

Hi Clipper

Thanks for pointing out :) For those not knowing, we also offer a 14-day trial of AO 2.00. This is the change log:

AudiophileOptimizer 2.00

- Anti-Spy Feature for Windows 10 (Disables Microsoft Telemetry...)

- Minor Bugfixes & Improvements

- WASAPI/MMCSS optimization for Windows 10

- LockScreen disabled for Windows 10

- ActionCenter disabled for Windows 10

- Support for Windows 10 Enterprise evaluation & LTSB versions

- Support for all Windows 10 K & N editions

- Support for Windows 10 Home Single Language Edition

- Support for Chinese Windows 10 Editions

- Express Mode no longer shows question about RDP and WinRM (all OS)

- WMI no longer stopped after running AO on Windows 10

- AO does no longer remove the icon of the volume control panel

- Several adjustments for Windows 10

- Enables MinimServer in core mode (Server 2012 R2)

- Enables Roon & RoonServer in minimal-server mode (incl. MP3)

(without need to install Server Essentials Role and Media Pack)

- Added dedicated Roon support option

- Enables TIDAL in core and minimal-server mode (TIDAL 2016 Software)

- Improvements on Kernel-Streaming, WASAPI and MediaPlayer support (Server 2012 R2)

- Ability to disable Windows Defender (Windows 10 Pro & Enterprise)

- Ability to remove OneDrive (Windows 10 Pro & Enterprise)

- WMI no longer disabled when exiting AO directly after changing SS/DF (all OS)

- Fix for connection issues with SMB1 based NAS devices

ServiceTool 2.00:

- Minor Bugfixes

- UAC enabled after reset via ServiceTool

- No longer offers switch between modes if Windows 10 is detected

- Shell replacement for JRiver Media Center 21 & 22

- Shell replacement for MinimServer

- Shell replacement for Roon & RoonServer

- Shell replacement for muso

- Ability to strip down Windows 10 (remove all apps, optional features, etc.)

- Restore Windows 10 feature: Ability to reverse stripping Windows 10

- Restoring Service & driver state no longer possible if already done

Setup 2.00:

- Update of the PDF Guide

- Minor Bugfixes

- Several adjustments of the OS Checker module

- Several adjustments of Terms & Conditions message

- Update notification feature

- Adds Windows 10 God Mode to AO Tools Folder

Best,

Phil

ıllıllı [  ...AO 4.00 BETA... ] ıllıllı
____________________________________________________________________________________

Shop | Reviews | Reference System | AudiophileOptimizer 3.00 | PDF Guide

i have installed mine on a windows 10 PC and everything works and sounds good too exept i the windows startup menu didn't work even with keybord shortcut. ?

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

i will make a image disk of my actual system , and install it on another partition not to loose all things everything again and then re-install AO .

PC audio /Roon + HQPLAYER / HOLO Spring 2 / / DIY AD1 SET tube amp  /  DIY Altec 2 way horn Speaker

Why this? You will not loose your AO settings by making a reset via ServiceTool.

There is a little part in the FAQ section which explains exactly what happens with a reset and what not, i suggest you read it :-)

____________________________________________________________________________________

I have re-install a fresh windows10 , all the drivers, roon,hqplayer setup then after reboot install Ao and run it (intermediate setting) On the reboot i have now a windows 2012 system startup , i press ok then i see the name of the computer and windows never boot even after 15minutes waiting??

AO is definitly not idiot proof?

not as simple , my second windows install without AO on the second partition works fine.

for the price i pay to get AO it's not a very fair answer.

This is because you mutliple times post self-made problems online in tbreads which are not about such windows issues. Don't expect any help like that.

either start a new thread in our sponsored forum or open up a support request via [email protected] and you will be taken care of even if your issue is not about AO (believe it or not...)

HI all

I just googled "Windows 10 lost start menu" and got 19,7 million hits. I guess Microsoft will fix that permanently (sooner or later) with an update.

The "Repair Windows 10" feature of Service-Tool which is designed to undo the stripping down feature also contains the needed steps to recover the Start-Menu, might be worth a try even if it was not designed to fix this obviously existing start-menu bug from microsoft.

Best,

Phil

update , i have finally AO booting , it seems that having softperfect ramdisk installed make conflict with the AO setup in my config . so i have just installed Roon and HQplayer . and it seems to work fine like that.

exept i sttil not have the start menu working..

i have found the filter setting 4/D a little too tool off for my taste so i will try the basic one for beginning.

lot"s of setting to try , i have always hate windows and this mess with AO and windows 10 have not change my mind :)

Thanks for clarifying that AO did not cause your boot issue :-)

our guide warns a few times about RamDisk and Windows to RAM. If one is a true Windows Master, this might go well. If you are no Zen Master then these things can get very painful... But as said previously AO is certainly not the cause for such problems.

regarding the start menu issue. Did you see my post about the nearly 20 million hits on google if you search for "Windows 10 Start Menu gone"? :-)

i think its pretty safe to say that AO does not cause this issue. It's a Windows Bug and Microsoft will hopefully fix it sooner or later...

best,

Phil

Thanks for clarifying that AO did not cause your boot issue :-)

our guide warns a few times about RamDisk and Windows to RAM. If one is a true Windows Master, this might go well. If you are no Zen Master then these things can get very painful... But as said previously AO is certainly not the cause for such problems.

regarding the start menu issue. Did you see my post about the nearly 20 million hits on google if you search for "Windows 10 Start Menu gone"? :-)

i think its pretty safe to say that AO does not cause this issue. It's a Windows Bug and Microsoft will hopefully fix it sooner or later...

best,

Phil

After installing AO 2.0 I had trouble mounting a ram disk with Softperfect, but when I selected emulate hard disk it works fine. Am I doing anything wrong with this configuration?

After installing AO 2.0 I had trouble mounting a ram disk with Softperfect, but when I selected emulate hard disk it works fine. Am I doing anything wrong with this configuration?

same problem here , i just receive a mail from AO where it say that AO don't support ramdisk software. and i was encouraged to claim that this is not AO who cause the troubles.

i have receive the same mail when i didn't have the Startup menu working after AO installation .

this attitude is not acceptable for me , so i move to Fidelizer audio and i have now my softperfect ramdisk and the windows 10 startup menu working again.

so this is the end of using Audiophile optimizer for me as it is not as plug and play than Fidelizer.

What attitude?

You complain about something that is absolutely not designed to work with and is warned about mutliple times in the pdf guide and on top of this you continously ignore the fact that microsoft has an issue about the windows 10 start menu and blame AO for it?

all that was not working with AO nowworks with Fidelizer for nearly half the price of your software . perhaps that's just the true you don't like to hear .

remember this is a computer audiophile forum , not Company advertising forum.

i will continue to tell my point of view even if you don't like it.

( Ps : i have no contact with Fidelizer Audio as they don't send me mail to tell me what i have to say or not )

I used @700 USD for a mini-PC running Win 10 Pro & HQPlayer + AO 2.0 and that is all I have on this mini PC - all software coming with Win 10 installations are there and were striped down with AO - my cheap mini PC is dedicated to Music only - so far with 2 weeks of daily running , I have no start-up problem , but if your PC is loaded with lots of other software , there maybe a problem I don't know , I also take in other advices not to update Window so frequently - told that AO is working closed to window core level - not sure if it is the right word - and update may interfere with installed AO. But AO is the only software that I find to improve the sound vastly than I would expected before installation . Hope AO would improve from time to time to render the software "easier" to Win 10. I am using Ultimate mode only .

the start menu problem is not big issue with a system dedicated only for audio , but the fact that i can't have HQ player working on a ramsdisk as i do with Softperfect ramdisk and Fidelizer. the difference is pretty big and i think it will be as well with AO if i 'll succeed to make both software works together.. :)

the start menu problem is not big issue with a system dedicated only for audio , but the fact that i can't have HQ player working on a ramsdisk as i do with Softperfect ramdisk and Fidelizer. the difference is pretty big and i think it will be as well with AO if i 'll succeed to make both software works together.. :)

I understand your concern but we may as well give some time to Audiophil to deal with your problem , I am pretty sure that he is also working on this but probably not a problem easily solved , like all Window software , they have updates regularly to deal with user problems and it is us users that pushes a better Window with time , there are problems only revealed by different kind of users . Likewise Audiophil would also like to perfect his AO with time so that more novice users are benefitted from this excellent software - working from 2012 server to Win 10 is already a big step forward and perfecting AO for Window 10 would be his great achievement so far as there are 100 times more Win 10 users than 2012 sever . Just my 2 cents.

Finally, Win10/Start Menu and slow boot issues are fixed.

The step is, install new win10 then run window update for first time.

After update complete, run the AO2.0 install.

Finally, all issues has gone.

I hope my exp. will helping you.

great thanks for the tip :)

I understand your concern but we may as well give some time to Audiophil to deal with your problem , I am pretty sure that he is also working on this but probably not a problem easily solved , like all Window software , they have updates regularly to deal with user problems and it is us users that pushes a better Window with time , there are problems only revealed by different kind of users . Likewise Audiophil would also like to perfect his AO with time so that more novice users are benefitted from this excellent software - working from 2012 server to Win 10 is already a big step forward and perfecting AO for Window 10 would be his great achievement so far as there are 100 times more Win 10 users than 2012 sever . Just my 2 cents.

The AudiophileOptimizer has gotten a long-time project. There was and always will be continous development, be it more/better functionality or better overall sound quality. AO 2.10 beta 1 is already available for download and the journey will continue with Windows Server 2016 which is coming very soon.

Windows 10 will be equally treated as well as all other supported OS's, no worries about that :-) same applies for the PDF guide. The release of AO 2.00 has shown that there are certain things which need to be outlined a bit better. For example I took it for granted that one uses a Microsoft ISO to install Windows 10 and no custom version of a Major Vendor like HP/Sony/Acer/Lenovo/etc. Those vendor versions are absolutely stuffed and bloated with tons of unneeded tools and software of the vendor. This is bad for sound quality and especially for stability. DO NOT use them!

Make a clean install with a pure microsoft ISO is the way to go. I also assumed it's totally clear to install ALL available Windows Updates as first step after the OS installation. Client side OS's are much buggier by their nature compared to server grade OS's, so its much more important to have them up-to-date, especially after a fresh installation of the OS. The next version of the guide will point those things out more clear which will help havig stable operation.