IGNORED

JLSoundsi2soverusb USB to SPDIF adapter board and galvanic isolation

Thanks for posting the pics! A few questions/comments:

1. Is the jumper still on the USB board? I was told if the jumper is on, then the USB section is powered by USB.

2. The blue and black wires on the Oscilator board, am I correct in seeing that you're taking the input for the Oscillator board and then connecting to the USB 5v input?

3. Love the quick release setup! Are you going to the digital receiver or directly to the DAC chips?

Thanks!

David

Thanks for posting the pics! A few questions/comments:

1. Is the jumper still on the USB board? I was told if the jumper is on, then the USB section is powered by USB.

2. The blue and black wires on the Oscilator board, am I correct in seeing that you're taking the input for the Oscillator board and then connecting to the USB 5v input?

3. Love the quick release setup! Are you going to the digital receiver or directly to the DAC chips?

Thanks!

David

Hi David,

1. Jumper is off.

2. The marked 5v input on the Oscillator Board is for the USB board below and the Oscillators also need a 5v input which is taken back to the far side with the Blue & Black from the Input location. You will get documentation from the JL Sounds site on the power options.

You can have 2 separate 5v feeds but I did not see any improvement with 2 x 5v lines.

3. Going direct to the inputs on the DSD board below which is linked to the PCM board. If you do not have a DSD board then just go straight to the PCM board as it has all the connections properly labelled on the inputs.

Cheers, Pearse.

Audio PC - Gigabyte H97M-D3H, i7 at 800Mhz, RAM at 800Mhz & PPA OCXO Mobo, Teradak ATX Linear for 20 pin ATX on Mobo, Paul Hynes SR7EHD 12v, 5v & 5v supply on Mobo, Stammheim 12x LT3045's for 1.3v to RAM direct supply, JCat V2 USB Card, WTFPlay Linux Audiophile Player control by MELE F10, Startech LEX to REX on 12v Paul Hynes with 2x SLC cards and out by POE to ISO/Regen, PPA Red USB Cable, Lampizator Big7, Nige design Lifepo4 powered amp, Raidho C1s.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update: I built a Buffalo 3 se dac and the jlsonds board is working with it. I am upsampling with Audirvana to 32 -192 and it is sounding pretty good. At present I'm using the computer power supply /5v/ for the usb part and another power supply for the xmos section. Ordered 2 JLSounds power supply modules /pretty nifty- and using one of them. Have to get the other transformer.

So Sev1 how is your project?

Update: I built a Buffalo 3 se dac and the jlsonds board is working with it. I am upsampling with Audirvana to 32 -192 and it is sounding pretty good. At present I'm using the computer power supply /5v/ for the usb part and another power supply for the xmos section. Ordered 2 JLSounds power supply modules /pretty nifty- and using one of them. Have to get the other transformer.

So Sev1 how is your project?

Unfortunately I had to table the project. I'm awful at Soldering and I think I may have botched the whole thing. I tried to feed directly into the DAC by desoldering the output legs of the DF1700 Receiver and wiring in directly the outputs of the I2S but somewhere along the lines it stopped working. I'm not sure where to go and I lost momentum on the project.