IGNORED

Auralic Aries MINI

Hi all!

I've just bought an Auralic Aries MINI and I don't know what's going wrong but I'm getting some very serious issues with my device , my Lightning DS app and sometimes the device itself lose his connection and its not just one time. I'm trying wired, wireless withou sucess. When I'm using as uPnP the device is more stable but still losing his connection sometimes. AirPlay is a little less stable. But when using Lightning DS app its really annoying. I can't barely listen 3 musics without interrupts.

Anyone has some tip with this device?

Thanks

Ivan

Start with verifying your router has multicast enabled. Won't work if its turned off. On my Fios router it was a hidden screen for "IGMP"

Best tip!!

Thanks Dave !!

I did and the device is very more stable now. Auralic should post this on their support website!!

Thanks

Ivan

Wifi unfortunately can be a very problematic service when you start to demand high performance applications. Start with setting the mini up as a wired connection to your router, to verify that you don't aren't mistaking a a wifi issue for a Lightning setup problem. Also, do not use JRMC as your media server... that alone used with the Aries can cause you grief as its not a good "Open Home" compatible solution for Lightning use. Assuming you are storing music on PC, Minimserver or Illustrate Asset will behave better.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system