IGNORED

New Product: Nimitra Server form WindowsX/Fideliizer

• 4 weeks later...

Will this have the processing power to up sample via HQPlayer to send to the uRendu?

I'm currently using my NAS as Roon server to a uRendu at my DAC. the Synology unit does in the Roon server, but I have not even tried streaming DSD files yet, and have no way on that hardware to up sample. My DAC will up sample, I might give that a try. I will have to hear reviews of Nimitra, in action, before I shake up my system again.

[Home Digital] MSB Premier DAC > Modright LS300 > Atma-Sphere "Class D" Monoblocks > Daedalus Audio Muse Studio Speakers

[Home Analog] Technics SL-1200G > Boulder 508 (Benz Glider SL)

[Office] Laptop > Kitsune R2R lvl3 > Violectric V281 > Meze Liric / Meze Elite

[Travel] Laptop/iPad -> Focal Bathys

Quad core 2.0GHz with 2MB of L2 cache and 4GB RAM is more than enough to serve all kinds of audio streaming with HQPlayer. And it came with fanless, no vibration, and no cable wiring inside for important parts.

Also, that link above used generic case with intel board. I ordered a custom built that doesn't have large square box hole but actual holes for each connector with customized parts for optimal audio performance as described in website here.

Nimitra Computer Audio Server | Fidelizer

Not to mention it's packed with more than $400 worth of software (Fidelized Win10Pro/Special version of Fidelizer/JPLAY/Asset uPNP/Teamviewer support/Roon Ready/HQPlayer NAA) tuned for best audio performance and experience that can easily set a new standard of audio streaming quality in market.

I actually planned to build this product under $1k but sadly it's not possible due to the cost of software implementation.

Regards,

Keetakawee

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com

I once tried playing bluray movie with Zotac Atom 330 dual core CPU. There's no issue with multi-channel sound. So I believe current spec will handle multi channel audio just fine. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Thanks. I have had trouble with several Atom-based machines.

Kal Rubinson

Senior Contributing Editor, Stereophile

Looks like this device only less CPU power New Mini pc Mini Computer Barebone Mini PC Windows 10 Core i3 4020Y

New Mini pc Mini Computer Barebone Mini PC Windows 10 Core i3 4020Y-in Mini PCs from Computer & Office on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

(from AliExpress Android)

Sent from my ONE A2001 using Tapatalk

it will probably work for some up sampling, but not for all of it. I do not think anything short of a i7 or Xeon will reliably upsample say, 16.44.1 -> DSD512.

-Paul

Anyone who considers protocol unimportant has never dealt with a cat DAC.

Robert A. Heinlein

Keetakawee,

I don't know that I have need of your server (yet) but you have my enthusiastic endorsement for using Fidelizer Pro with Win10 as music server. I've done a 180 because of it, shifting from an Aries Mini streamer & Synology NAS solution to a dedicated PC music server solution with microRendu. 6 months ago I thought PC source sound was hopeless, even with Uptone Audio REGEN... before Fidelizer Pro and microRendu.

Regards,

Dave

Audio system

• 4 months later...

First of all, my apologies for not noticing some posts after replying previous messages. It was my fault from one of very busy days to miss some messages. I didn't meant to ignore anyone, really.

Thanks. I have had trouble with several Atom-based machines.

I also would like to add that software optimizations helps a lot too. I used to struggling getting 24/192 working with atom processor and Fidelizer optimizations improve audio performance and stability a lot. Many hiccups and stuttering issues have been resolved with Fidelizer and some DJs used Fidelizer as part of infra for music festival show.

It's more like optimizations helps leveraging hardware requirements significantly while getting less interference from powerful processor.

Keetakawee,

I don't know that I have need of your server (yet) but you have my enthusiastic endorsement for using Fidelizer Pro with Win10 as music server. I've done a 180 because of it, shifting from an Aries Mini streamer & Synology NAS solution to a dedicated PC music server solution with microRendu. 6 months ago I thought PC source sound was hopeless, even with Uptone Audio REGEN... before Fidelizer Pro and microRendu.

I'm glad to hear that Fidelizer Pro can help your music enjoyment in your system. Nimitra will of course improve sound quality significantly more than the price it asks for. But it doesn't mean system with Fidelizer Pro is insufficient to enjoy high resolution qualities as I also have been told that computers with Fidelizer Pro replaced many commmercial products too. If you still enjoy the music, that's great for you and if you want to take extra miles, feel free to inform me. :)

How about music file storage ? The music server still need mobile hard drive or NAS.

According to customers' voting during Nimitra development, most Fidelizer customers prefer no internal storage so I built Nimitra without internal storage. You can use USB hard drive or NAS with Nimitra and get good music. :)

Regards,

Keetakawee

Happy Emm Labs/Viola/Karan/Rockport audiophile

Fidelizer - Feel the real sound http://www.fidelizer-audio.com