IGNORED

British Pound is Pounded

NOMBEDES

With the decline in the Pound. Can we expect fire sale prices on UK equipment?

Can't wait. Audio Note UK makes some good gear.

Rue Britania!!

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

I was just talking to my investment banker buddy in NY, bleating on at him at how ashamed and disappointed I am with the decision of my fellow citizens. He surprised me by saying that he thought Brexit was a thoroughly good thing, based on a very American distrust of big government (read the Federal Govt.). He also thinks that the US economy is being artificially inflated ahead of the Nov elections, and that there's a big hangover coming your way.

But, yes, buy while the pound is weak. It may not last forever.

Nikko

I was just talking to my investment banker buddy in NY, bleating on at him at how ashamed and disappointed I am with the decision of my fellow citizens. He surprised me by saying that he thought Brexit was a thoroughly good thing, based on a very American distrust of big government (read the Federal Govt.). He also thinks that the US economy is being artificially inflated ahead of the Nov elections, and that there's a big hangover coming your way.

Nikko

I think it is the greatest single political statement the UK has made since the great Winston Churchill. Cheers to the UK for standing up to statist tyranny; despite my investments getting hammered.

In the long run the UK will be MUCH better off than being tethered to a bunch of losers who can't get out of their own way. The EU has been and will continue to be a failure that needs to unravel.

As to stereo equipment being cheaper, it seems those things never quite occur the way currencies would suggest. I am still waiting for the prices of German cars to "decrease" based on the weak Euro. Never happened.

Nikko

Indeed, raise cash as the market recovers from today's sell off. There will be some buying opportunities after the election.

In any dispute the intensity of feeling is inversely proportional to the value of the issues at stake ~ Sayre's Law

In the long run the UK will no longer exist.

In still longer run nothing will exist. Modern physics say so.

There will not be even internet ;)

What’s true of all the evils in the world is true of plague as well.
It helps men to rise above themselves.

―  Albert Camus, The Plague.

It's easy making such comments from Australia, because you're not concerned by this political catastrophe. I was referring to the very real possibility of the UK disintegrating (Scotland and maybe even Northern Ireland declaring independence).

And this happened because of silly party politics (Cameron calling a referendum to silence euroceptics).

Claude

Nothing exists now. It's all an illusion.

All but my audio gear. It costed too much to be an illusion ;)

And this guy on a sport bike outside my window - an illusion can't be that noisy.

But the British Pound is obviously an illusion.. ;)

And this happened because of silly party politics (Cameron calling a referendum to silence euroceptics).

Agree.

I think it is the greatest single political statement the UK has made since the great Winston Churchill. Cheers to the UK for standing up to statist tyranny; despite my investments getting hammered.

In the long run the UK will be MUCH better off than being tethered to a bunch of losers who can't get out of their own way. The EU has been and will continue to be a failure that needs to unravel.

As to stereo equipment being cheaper, it seems those things never quite occur the way currencies would suggest. I am still waiting for the prices of German cars to "decrease" based on the weak Euro. Never happened.

Well, you know, it seems to me that what most Europeans wanted out of he EU was open frontiers and a standard, universal currency. Nobody asked for the big government and all the regulations and meddling that went along with it except the damn politicians (is it not always thus?). Great Britain's exit is a great milestone in the long history of the British belief in self-determination and freedom. Hurrah for the Mother Country!

George

Well, you know, it seems to me that what most Europeans wanted out of he EU was open frontiers and a standard, universal currency. Nobody asked for the big government and all the regulations and meddling that went along with it except the damn politicians (is it not always thus?). Great Britain's exit is a great milestone in the long history of the British belief in self-determination and freedom. Hurrah for the Mother Country!

Ironically, Britain stayed out of the Schengen zone and the common currency,to their great benefit. Now they are free to enter into genuine free trade agreements with other countries, instead of the highly restrictive EEC.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein

Time to buy FTSE ETF's?

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

- Einstein

You need to pay for the goods in the relevant currency to get the benefits.

It's easy making such comments from Australia, because you're not concerned by this political catastrophe. I was referring to the very real possibility of the UK disintegrating (Scotland and maybe even Northern Ireland declaring independence).

The turning point was when Bruxelles decided to enforce the curvature of bananas.

Tidal / Qobuz--> Roon--> Fios Gigabit--> Netgear Prosafe GS105 --> Supra 8-->EtherRegen --> Fiber--> opticalRendu / CI Audio LPS --> Curious Evolved Link --> Chord Qutest--> AQ Water --> Belles Aria Integrated--> AQ Robin Hood--> Kudos Super 20's

You need to pay for the goods in the relevant currency to get the benefits.

The importers of German cars would by paying for them in Euros, having purchased Euros with dollars, so they should be able to sell them for less when the Euro is down

- Einstein

The turning point was when Bruxelles decided to enforce the curvature of bananas.

Obviously imaginary regulations about the curvature of bananas are more important than the disintegration of the UK.

System (i): (Stack Audio Link/MoOde > 2Qute+MCRU psu; Gyrodec/SME V/Ortofon 2M Black/EAT E-Glo Petit/Magnum Dynalab FT101A) > Glow Amp One > Klipsch RP-600M

System (ii): iUSB3.0 Nano/Allo USB Signature/MoOde > Bel Canto uLink+AQVOX psu > Chord Hugo > (Tandy LX5; JBL LSR305 ; Audeze LCD-3)