IGNORED

The problem of oscillations of sound quality

Which is most likely symptomatic of all the power saving mechanisms on battery robbing you of CPU processing power.
Yes, I think you're right. I do not know whether the Windows completely exclude savings.

Well, maybe it is questionable concept of battery power. Each battery, in terms of noise, there are a lot worse than the average characteristics of the capacitor. And we know that the capacitor in the power supply is a necessary evil, is not it?

I'm no expert, so maybe I can blurt something stupid, you can feel free to correct.

My HiFi: HTPC, AudioQuest USB cable, Berkeley Alpha USB, Nordost Valhalla AES / EBU, Berkeley Alpha DAC, AudioQuest Amazon IC, Ayon Croassfire II SET integrated amplifier, Nordost Valhalla speaker cable, DIY 3 way Accuton ceramic speakers, Nordost Valhalla power cords.

Yes, I think you're right. I do not know whether the Windows completely exclude savings.

Power saving feature might result in skips/drop-outs. If that's not the problem, something else is the cause.

Well, maybe it is questionable concept of battery power. Each battery, in terms of noise, there are a lot worse than the average characteristics of the capacitor. And we know that the capacitor in the power supply is a necessary evil, is not it?

I'm no expert, so maybe I can blurt something stupid, you can feel free to correct.

The power directly from a battery is very clean. Any differences in sound are more likely due to different voltage regulators being used. When charging the battery, you'll also get interference from the charging regulators.

Power saving feature might result in skips/drop-outs. If that's not the problem, something else is the cause.

The power directly from a battery is very clean. Any differences in sound are more likely due to different voltage regulators being used. When charging the battery, you'll also get interference from the charging regulators.

Thanx for explanation. In addition to the laptop, I compared a battery and a linear power supply Micromega MyDAC. The battery is in both cases the problem in a much reduced dynamic. Do you know the reason?

My HiFi: HTPC, AudioQuest USB cable, Berkeley Alpha USB, Nordost Valhalla AES / EBU, Berkeley Alpha DAC, AudioQuest Amazon IC, Ayon Croassfire II SET integrated amplifier, Nordost Valhalla speaker cable, DIY 3 way Accuton ceramic speakers, Nordost Valhalla power cords.

Thanx for explanation. In addition to the laptop, I compared a battery and a linear power supply Micromega MyDAC. The battery is in both cases the problem in a much reduced dynamic. Do you know the reason?

Are you saying powering the DAC from a battery resulted in worse sound than when using a linear power supply? What type of battery did you use? What are the output voltages of the battery and the LPS?

Are you saying powering the DAC from a battery resulted in worse sound than when using a linear power supply? What type of battery did you use? What are the output voltages of the battery and the LPS?
I do not know, it was at a friend. There were four, we listened for a long time and repeatedly changed the power supply. Battery sounded softer, perhaps more beautiful in the midrange area, but with a limited dynamics and with a little more reserved ends the sound spectrum.

Unless your laptop is running extra processes during the bad sound times, it's not a software problem, it's a hardware problem. If so it's either the power entering your house or some AC noise generated inside the the house. Do you have a different routine on different days? Some days my audio just grates me, but that's only when I'm quite sick.

Mac Mini 2012 with 2.3 GHz i5 CPU and 16GB RAM running newest OS10.9x and Signalyst HQ Player software (occasionally JRMC), ethernet to Cisco SG100-08 GigE switch, ethernet to SOtM SMS100 Miniserver in audio room, sending via short 1/2 meter AQ Cinnamon USB to Oppo 105D, feeding balanced outputs to 2x Bel Canto S300 amps which vertically biamp ATC SCM20SL speakers, 2x Velodyne DD12+ subs. Each side is mounted vertically on 3-tiered Sound Anchor ADJ2 stands: ATC (top), amp (middle), sub (bottom), Mogami, Koala, Nordost, Mosaic cables, split at the preamp outputs with splitters. All transducers are thoroughly and lovingly time aligned for the listening position.